Author Topic: Role and status of women changed after WW2.  (Read 6912 times)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
Role and status of women changed after WW2.
« on: October 21, 2007, 04:26:47 PM »
After WW2, especially in Britain, the role an status of women changed dramtically. Women were given more rights especially when the welfare state was introduced here. Before so, women had to resume their traditional victorian duties of staying at home and being mothers. I think when feminism was first introduced, it helped bring about brilliant and fantastic oppurtunities for women. Though after women had gained their individuality......feminist groups sought to seek more and just caused more problems.

Feminism cannot be defined today, as what it was in the late 1940's. Now, It sucks.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Role and status of women changed after WW2.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 04:36:13 PM »
There is a difference between women's right and feminism. Giving women equal rights is not feminism. Feminism is wanting to make women like men. Men and women are different but should have equal rights.

Feminism was introduced to gain Women rights, equal to that of men e.g. equal pay, same jobs etc. Now it has been taken further to almost hate men in some way.

I believe that men and women have their places in society and although the rights should be equal, the roles do not.

Women before the 20th century weren't free at all in the  western world.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 04:49:42 PM »

And they still aren't in Islam.

Neither are they in the west today.

In England, the buses now feature a Page 3 model, naked -bilboard size photo- with 20p coins covering very little of her breasts.
Its to promote the filthy sun newspaper, which features images of naked women and is the most popular read newspaper.

There are two extremes. Jewish culture promotes a good balance but I don't think its implemented in Israel today.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 05:05:56 PM »
There are two extremes. Jewish culture promotes a good balance but I don't think its implemented in Israel today.

That's because self-hating Jews run Israel. Most Israeli girls walk around half naked.

Thats not freedom, thats repression. The fact that they feel they have to walk around like that, shows that they are being repressed in terms of expression.

The media does have an effect.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 09:20:25 PM »
There is a difference between women's right and feminism. Giving women equal rights is not feminism. Feminism is wanting to make women like men. Men and women are different but should have equal rights.

I believe that men and women have their places in society and although the rights should be equal, the roles do not.

O0 You are very smart Sarah.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 05:36:11 PM »
Not at all.

We studied a bit about Feminism at school, mainly discussions, and a lot of arguing. Its an interesting concept.

kellymaureen

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 11:55:17 PM »

And they still aren't in Islam.

Youre right

Western women ARE free, even if they wear clothing that is questionable, its THEIR choice to do so....no one is telling them they have to do it.  I live in a cold climate, cold most of the year, most women are dressed warmly, we have a couple months of hot weather where you can get away with wearing shorts or going to the beach but the point is anything that any NON MUSLIM woman wears is HER choice.  In islamic societies there is NO choice, you must wear the black tent or be subject to punishment by law...even islamic societies without the strict dress codes for women, or for muslim women in western society, there is pressure from the community and family to do so....there is no freedom in islam.  By forcing muslim women to wear such garments as burkas, islam robs them of any vestige of humanity or individuality....now tell me exactly WHO is repressed.

Feminists of today are the rosie odonnell types, personally I dont care what the male next to me at work is making, besides its against company policy to discuss wages between employees, its a private matter between you and the owners....nor do I think that I can do everything a man can do, nor would I want to...Im content the way things are.  The hatred of men by women is ridiculous, its fueled by the man hating lesbian leftits who want to keep this war between the sexes going.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 12:24:50 AM by kellymaureen »

Joe Schmo

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 01:18:05 AM »

I completely disagree with you, Yakov.

This issue is the Grandaddy of them all, and nobody on the forum (other than myself) will touch it.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 01:19:40 AM by Scriabin »

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 01:22:48 AM »
There is a big difference in how women of the west are treated and how women of islam are treated.Please spare me the BS.There is no ,I repeat no comparison and anyone,Yes ,anyone comparing the two are islam supporters wither they know it or not.And IM guessing they know it!
wayne jude >:(

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 01:58:25 PM »
"Equality for all ,special privileges for none."Cant remember who said this. :)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 03:34:30 PM »

Yes this is exactly my oppinion. O0
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani