Author Topic: Victims' moms rally  (Read 1150 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Victims' moms rally
« on: October 22, 2007, 08:51:26 PM »
http://www.torontosun.com/News/TorontoAndGTA/2007/10/22/4595396-sun.html

Mon, October 22, 2007

Victims' moms rallyAt least a dozen mothers make noise at Mel Lastman Square
By BRETT CLARKSON, SUN MEDIA

PICTURE: http://www.torontosun.com/News/TorontoAndGTA/2007/10/22/torsunmain2.jpg

Joan Howard, centre, and other mothers who have lost children to violence, take part in a demonstration at Mel Lastman Square yesterday. The women were joined by several hundred friends and family members as they held a symbolic “minute of noise” to break the silence around unsolved homicides. (Stan Behal, Sun Media) 

Ten years after her son's murder, Marilyn Ortega still wonders if she's ever brushed by his killer on the street.

Her son, Ruddin Dexter Greaves, was just 22 when he was shot dead on July 27, 1997, at the Calypso Hut 3 on Sheppard Ave. in North York.

Michele Gonsalves, 22, was also gunned down.

The killer has never been caught.

"I've been walking around for 10 years with my son's murderer at large," Ortega said yesterday. "It scares me because I take the public subway every day to go to work and school, and I don't know if I'm ever sitting next to my son's murderer."

'MINUTE OF NOISE'

Yesterday Ortega was with at least a dozen other mothers who have lost sons and daughters to violence at a UMOVE (United Mothers Opposing Violence Everywhere) rally at Mel Lastman Square.

Several hundred people, including friends and relatives, joined the mothers in a 3 p.m. "minute of noise" to symbolize the community breaking the wall of silence that prevents many homicides from being solved.

UMOVE was founded by Audette Sheppard after her son Justin, 19, was shot dead in June 2001. His killer has also never been caught.

Nancy Logan, whose son Jonathan Chambers, 21, was found shot to death in March near Barrie, said UMOVE has helped her cope.

"It's very emotional, but it's also very supportive because I'm gaining strength from them, because there's days where I feel I can't make it," Logan said.
Previous story: Man mowed down

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 09:19:55 AM by MarZutra »

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
Re: Victims' moms rally
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 09:26:24 AM »
Yup, the picture is fabulous of reality Black Mom's (probably single) holding pictures of their "crack runner" look alike children that were victims of violence.  What the article doesn't say is that the violence and murders were caused by Blacks, often friends or school mates of the dead kids.... 

This is the reality of Canada.  When a white criminal, for example that International Pedophile from BC, makes the news his/her face is splattered all over the media but when it is a "visible minority" it gets about 6 seconds of air and rarely shows the criminals...  Ah PC, isn't it grand..
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.