Author Topic: Mr. Rogers sits before the Senate  (Read 4424 times)

Offline Until Shiloh Comes

• Senior JTFer
Mr. Rogers sits before the Senate
« on: October 27, 2006, 03:43:27 PM »
Hello friends, and good day to you all.

I noticed Yacov asked a question in the ASK JTF section about Fred Rogers (Mr. Rogers of Mr. Rogers neighborhood).   In my opinion Mr. Rogers is one of the kindest, gentlest, caring, and most sincere men in recent American history.   He truly cared about the welfare of children, and dedicated virtually his entire life to their well-being. 

The following is a video of Mr. Rogers in 1969 requesting funding before the Senate Subcommittee on Communications for public broadcasting.  The manner in which public broadcasting has devolved since that time is unfortunate, but even so this video is quite moving and I thought you all might enjoy it.   I'm sure Mr. Rogers will have a high place in the next world -- he certainly deserves it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a41lJIhW7fA
Psalm 53:2 "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no G-D.'"

Scriabin

Re: Mr. Rogers sits before the Senate
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 04:24:17 PM »
I believe that Fred Rogers was a Saint.

I've seen this video before and it is powerful.  In the course of five or six minutes, Mr. Rogers turns this cold, cynical senator into a warm friendly Grandpa type...its truly remarkable. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 04:30:37 PM by Scriabin »

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 04:40:02 PM »
Well compared to him look what children have to look up to as mentors? Rap ghetto animals???
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 08:36:48 PM »
Hello friends, and good day to you all.

I noticed Yacov asked a question in the ASK JTF section about Fred Rogers (Mr. Rogers of Mr. Rogers neighborhood).   In my opinion Mr. Rogers is one of the kindest, gentlest, caring, and most sincere men in recent American history.   He truly cared about the welfare of children, and dedicated virtually his entire life to their well-being. 

The following is a video of Mr. Rogers in 1969 requesting funding before the Senate Subcommittee on Communications for public broadcasting.  The manner in which public broadcasting has devolved since that time is unfortunate, but even so this video is quite moving and I thought you all might enjoy it.   I'm sure Mr. Rogers will have a high place in the next world -- he certainly deserves it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a41lJIhW7fA
Although I never remember seeing an entire show Mr Rogers was one of the greatest people that ever appeared on TV. His show was a place of true learning. He taught children manors,  respect and how to be an upstanding member of society. This is something that is missing from television broadcasts today. It is my understanding that he had no children of his own but the millions of children who watched his shows growing up will forever have a warm spot in their harts for him.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 01:07:06 AM »
It is so great that Mr. Rogers was brought up here, where I would never have expected it.  I live just outside of Pittsburgh, PA, where he lived and worked.  I have heard of many stories of how you could see him just walking around the neighborhood.  He was as real and genuine as he appeared on TV.  I wish I could remember where I heard or read it, but he actually helped a guy whose car was broken down.  He drove this man to a place he could get help.
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 06:00:51 AM »
I enjoyed reading your post on Mr. Rogers quite a bit Yacov. Its to bad that institutions like Mr. Rogers cant go on forever. Children's shows have become progressively worse as the years go by.Some of them are actually indoctrinating children with things  if parents took the time to scrutinize would not care for. The level of political correctness aimed at children is mindboggling. The liberal left is employing a tactic on the American people that big companies  use all the time when negotiating labor contracts . They pick away at an issue they want to change a tiny bit at a time over the course of years. The rank and file feel its only an inconsequential change and over look it. The  next time its something else and then before long they  get what they were after and the victims of the ruse wonder what happened. Simply put the liberal left is pulling the wool over the eyes of the American people and they have picked a spot where they can get the best results children. Did you ever watch an episode of Dora The Explorer they teach spanish and your child can learn to speak english with a spanish accent. Honestly that one is the least of the evils others are far worse. People need to wake up because the party is almost over and soon the very people we are trying to protect will look at us as the enemy.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 06:07:57 AM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years