Author Topic: The irony of Alan Colmes' semi-debate with Ann Coulter  (Read 2290 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
The irony of Alan Colmes' semi-debate with Ann Coulter
« on: October 31, 2007, 08:59:31 PM »
Coulter was invited as a guest during a segment last night to discuss the low approval ratings of congress. 

Colmes couldn't wait to change the subject about those comments that she had previously made.  He claimed that the ADL and American Jewish Congress made statements condemning remarks.  He also tried to throw in Rabbi Schmuley Boteach, who took the same view as the ADL and AJC. 
 She responded by saying how neither of those groups represents all Jews (like they want to think they do) and that they're the same groups that like to attack Dennis Prager.  Also, she said that orthodox rabbis have defended her.  She explained that she doesn't think Jews will go to hell and that what differentiates her between people who want to promote only secularism, is that she believes in her religion; the difference being she says is that it views it as an extension of the "Tanach" and that she disagrees with Jews on who the messiah is. 

The segment following (with a guy who had previously debated Hitchens)  that involved Colmes defending the atheist views of Christopher Hitchens.  So Colmes claimed to have been insulted by Coulters' remarks and then he goes on to promote and defend atheism.  So then it doesn't really make sense why he would have been defended by Coulter anyway.   He defends any liberal whenever possible and will attack a conservative regardless of what they say.  When two liberals say two different things, Colmes attemps to defend both of them. 

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
Re: The irony of Alan Colmes' semi-debate with Ann Coulter
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 09:10:43 PM »
Colmes, or as I like to call them the Crypt keeper, also defended Abu Mazen as a "moderate"...the same Abu Mazen who collected funds for the Munich Massacre that killed 11 Israeli atheletes, the same Abu Mazen who earned his doctorate at the University of Moscow by claiming the Holocaust was a Zionist/Nazi conspiracy...

I thinks it's time someone dropped Alan Colmes into Gaza, without any guns, because I'm sure he can rely on the "moderate" Fatah to protect him.  ::)
The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 09:10:52 PM »
his beliefs change depending on the day, much like a certain presidential candidate's......
KAHANE TZADAK!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 09:12:32 PM »
his beliefs change depending on the day, much like a certain presidential candidate's......

And he defends whatever she says.  I didn't watch last night's democrat debate but I heard that Hillary was both for and against Spitzer's liscence plans. 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 09:32:53 PM »
I think Colmes accused her of hating Jews.  Do you believe this to be true?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 09:55:52 PM »
No, but I do believe that what she said before did contain the classical message of anti-Semitism.  She doesn't hate Jews, she just wants them to change.

I agree that she probably should have said people like Alan are the ones who need to change.  I don't think she actually wants people like Dennis Prager or Orthodox rabbis who she was referring to, to change. 

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 10:32:57 PM »
Colmes, or as I like to call them the Crypt keeper, also defended Abu Mazen as a "moderate"...the same Abu Mazen who collected funds for the Munich Massacre that killed 11 Israeli atheletes, the same Abu Mazen who earned his doctorate at the University of Moscow by claiming the Holocaust was a Zionist/Nazi conspiracy...

I thinks it's time someone dropped Alan Colmes into Gaza, without any guns, because I'm sure he can rely on the "moderate" Fatah to protect him.  ::)

Guys: Liberals know how to use guns? Since when? ;D

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 10:46:15 PM »
Alan Colmes is a pathetic, self-hating Jew. He sides with every single left-wing guest, and tries to defame every single right-wing guest. He'll side with the liberal guest no matter how insane that person's positions are.

On tonight's show Alan Colmes defended a Seattle internet columnist who claimed that burning a church can be considered a work of art. Alan Colmes is a sick and twisted individual.

Ann Coulter is a model Christian and American and one of the most intelligent women the US has.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 12:00:50 AM »
I heard that Colmes said she implied christianity was superior . And that he found that offensive.

Rabbi Meir Kahane did a radio interview, and in it the talkshow host asked him . here is the discussion paraphrased from my memory

host- "Is judaism superior? (to all other religions)"
kahane- "of course"
[host is shocked]
host "And what about christianity?"
kahane "Christianity is superior to many other things"

He may have gone on to say that any honest believing person believes his faith is superior. It was a radio talkshow with many callers though, so he restricted himself to very short quick answers.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 12:11:58 AM »
I heard that Colmes said she implied christianity was superior . And that he found that offensive.

Rabbi Meir Kahane did a radio interview, and in it the talkshow host asked him . here is the discussion paraphrased from my memory

kahane- "of course"
[host is shocked]

He may have gone on to say that any honest believing person believes his faith is superior. It was a radio talkshow with many callers though, so he restricted himself to very short quick answers.

The Rav was a gentleman he knew how to get his point across correctly. Everyone thinks their religion is the superior one and it should be for them. The mark of a decent person is to be respectful of all religions that deserve respect. Sadly the muslim religion does not deserve this recognition.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 12:23:44 AM »

kahane- "of course"
[host is shocked]

The Rav was a gentleman he knew how to get his point across correctly. Everyone thinks their religion is the superior one and it should be for them. The mark of a decent person is to be respectful of all religions that deserve respect. Sadly the muslim religion does not deserve this recognition.
Exactly. Of course everyone of a certain faith is going to consider their faith superior. Why else be a part of a faith if you think it is equivalent to another?

Christians believe their beliefs are correct. Jews believe their beliefs are correct. Christians believe the Jews' beliefs are incorrect. The Jews believe the Christians' beliefs are incorrect. That's just how religion works, and there's nothing wrong with that. If one gets offended by this concept, then, they don't understand the concept of faith, or chances are they're a liberal, who's trying to assist the left-wing in systemically destroying religion as a whole.