Author Topic: Samaritans- Shomronim  (Read 4396 times)

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
Samaritans- Shomronim
« on: October 31, 2007, 11:43:02 PM »
Just curious.... what do peple here think of the Shomronim. I love them. I have the copy of the Shomroni Mezuza at my front door, and at the door of my bedroom. Of course a Jew is not allowed to do that, but what are your feelings about these small nation?
They have struggled to survive, and were massacred by Roman Bizantynes and Arabs. They resisted and prefered death, rather than abandoning Torah. And now noone remembers them, there are still about 700 linving in Israel. Do you feel respect and love for them?
Personally, I'd like to visit Mt. Guerizim for Pesach, if I had health and money to travel.

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
Re: Samaritans- Shomronim
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 11:44:53 PM »
could you give more history on these people?
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 12:05:35 AM »
Yes!I have heard.. :)

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »
Samaritans clain to descend from Ephraim and Menashe, and some Leviyim, from the Nothern Kingdom. They consider Mt Guerizim to be the Chosen Place. Their Bible is a version of the Pentateuch. They believe only in Moses as a Prophet.
Their script is pictographic ancient Hebrew.
Their faith is summarizzed by this prayer.

WE SAY: MY FAITH IS IN THEE, Hashem; AND IN MOSES SON OF AMRAM, THY SERVANT; AND IN THE HOLY LAW; AND IN MOUNT GERIZIM BETH-EL; AND IN THE DAY OF VENGEANCE AND RECOMPENSE.

Another beatifull prayer:

Praise be to Shema, the quintessence of Unity; the indivisible and eternal;

To him who is far above either mother or son;

To the forgiver of sins to every on that repents with purity of conscience;

To him who overlooks shortcomings, and consoles the disconsolate hearts;

To him who alone is perfect and eternal, and liable neither to malady nor disease;

He is eternal and immutable, far above destruction, or any possible damage;

He is the Everlasting, who is too exalted to be represented either by image or likeness;

And is far above measurement or drawing.

He is described by the most exalted names;

To him belongs the ineffable name “AHIH ASHR AHIH.”

He is the one who hears and beholds all things.

Verily he hears the flowing of water in the most parched wilderness,

And sees the black ants in the darkest recesses of the rock.

There is no deity but he;

None but he is worthy to be worshipped.

He is invisible, eternal in his eternity,

And Lord of all the heavens.

Exalted and blessed be his Name (Shema)!

He is praised in the secret and in the open;

In the conscience and by the tongue;

Inwardly and outwardly.

He is the only judge,

Who will avenge Himself on the rebellious on the last day.

Holy be His Great Name! Amen.

The Samaritan dogma is based on five basic principles:

1.     The Oneness of G-d; there is one G-d.

2.     The Prophecy: One Prophet Moses Ben Amram.

3.     Torah: Samaritans just believe in the Pentateuch (the first five books of the Tanach).

4.     The Sacred Mount: Gerizim is the sacred sanctuary chosen by G-d.

5.     The day of Vengeance and Retribution: is the day of punishment and deeds review.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 12:22:45 AM »
Raul, the Samaritans are not Israelites.

They are from Cutha and Babylon.

The Bible says so explicitly.

Their Mt. Gerizim was used in idolatrous services from Rehaboam until today. They are not Jewish, Not Israelite, Not Hebrew. Nothing.

Here is the proof, from the Bible itself.

First two and last two verses are the most important.

23 until the LORD removed Israel out of His sight, as He spoke by the hand of all His servants the prophets. So Israel was carried away out of their own land to Assyria, unto this day. {P}

24 And the king of Assyria brought men from Babylon, and from Cuthah, and from Avva, and from Hamath and Sepharvaim, and placed them in the cities of Samaria instead of the children of Israel; and they possessed Samaria, and dwelt in the cities thereof.

25 And so it was, at the beginning of their dwelling there, that they feared not the LORD; therefore the LORD sent lions among them, which killed some of them.

26 Wherefore they spoke to the king of Assyria, saying: 'The nations which thou hast carried away, and placed in the cities of Samaria, know not the manner of the God of the land; therefore He hath sent lions among them, and, behold, they slay them, because they know not the manner of the God of the land.'

27 Then the king of Assyria commanded, saying: 'Carry thither one of the priests whom ye brought from thence; and let them go and dwell there, and let him teach them the manner of the God of the land.'

28 So one of the priests whom they had carried away from Samaria came and dwelt in Beth-el, and taught them how they should fear the LORD.

29 Howbeit every nation made gods of their own, and put them in the houses of the high places which the Samaritans had made, every nation in their cities wherein they dwelt.

30 And the men of Babylon made Succoth-benoth, and the men of Cuth made Nergal, and the men of Hamath made Ashima,

31 and the Avvites made Nibhaz and Tartak, and the Sepharvites burnt their children in the fire to Adrammelech and Anammelech, the gods of Sepharvaim.

32 So they feared the LORD, and made unto them from among themselves priests of the high places, who sacrificed for them in the houses of the high places.

33 They feared the LORD, and served their own gods, after the manner of the nations from among whom they had been carried away.

34 Unto this day they do after the former manners: they fear not the LORD, neither do they after their statutes, or after their ordinances, or after the law or after the commandment which the LORD commanded the children of Jacob, whom He named Israel;
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 12:35:29 AM »
Well, Christians are not Isrealite according to Hallacha, and according to race, they are Goyim, but they call themselves the New Yisrael, and they can post here, and their beliefs are respected. Noone has quoted the Tanch against a Christian. Muslims are not welcomed here because of many of them hate Israel. But I'm sure that even an Hindu, although Hallachically idolator can post here, and noone would quote the Tanach to say he is wrong. What the problem if I am pro-Israel and believe in Gerizim?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 01:49:51 AM »
I know the Christian New Testament mentions Jews looking down on Samaritans in the days of Jesus... I didn't know if they still exist today, or what Jews think of them now.

Do they support Israel? Are they Jewish? Are they a cult?  ??? (Somebody help me out here.)

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 02:32:39 AM »
Well, Jews still consider Samaritans as heretics and don't deal with them, at least in theory. Samaritans geerally don't deal with anybody who is not of their community, because they still abide the Laws of Levitucus regarding ritual purity, and so a Goy may be impure, and also a Jew, since Jews today, not all go to the mikve or wash with water after touching a Treif animal, etc. However they call the Jews their brothers.
Something interesting: Samaritans have never accepted to celebrate any Feast which is not in the Torah, either religious or civil commemorations, but they have made an exception for Yom Haatzmaut.

newman

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 02:36:48 AM »
Those people are another bunch of whack-jobs with a twisted replacement theology. Only these people are worse than any christian group. They are like the black 'hebrews' from Chicago. They think they are the 'real Jews'. They should all be expelled or killed.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 02:47:43 AM »
Those people are another bunch of whack-jobs with a twisted replacement theology. Only these people are worse than any christian group. They are like the black 'hebrews' from Chicago. They think they are the 'real Jews'. They should all be expelled or killed.

Would you kill me for believing in their views? Would you attack me if someday I go to Gerizim in April to celebrate Pesach with them?
Then what about the Reform and Conservative Jews? What about Armenians and Coptic Christians in Israel?
Do you think Israel belongs only to the Jews? Do you exclude the other tribes? Samaritans have stayed on Gerizim for 3645 years. They are living history!

newman

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 03:06:39 AM »

Would you kill me for believing in their views? Would you attack me if someday I go to Gerizim in April to celebrate Pesach with them?
Then what about the Reform and Conservative Jews? What about Armenians and Coptic Christians in Israel?
Do you think Israel belongs only to the Jews? Do you exclude the other tribes? Samaritans have stayed on Gerizim for 3645 years. They are living history!

If you (a non-Jew) lived in Israel and made the false claim that the Jewish people are illegitimate, then yes....you should be killed or at least expelled.

Secondly Israel DOES ONLY belong to the jews. G_d said so quite plainly in Torah.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 05:19:07 AM »
Well, perhaps you use the word Jew to mean Israelites. But if you say Israel is only to the Jews, then there would be no Judaism, since Cohanim could not stay in Israel, since they are from the tribe of Levy instead of Judah. That's absurd!
Regarding Samaritans, there are many paragraphs of the Tanach which say or imply that NOT ALL Northern Isrealites were exiled. So you cannot be sure that they are Goyim.
And a lot of non-Jews live in Israel and claim Jews are ilegitimate. All Christian churches claim that they are the new legitimate Jews. Would you kill them all?
On the other side, Samaritans have never said that Jews are illegitimate. They only say that their tradition is older.
I wouldn't live in Israel, since it's sure that I am in fact a Goy, but you seem to think I should be killed if I go there as a tourist and visit Gerizim for Pesach.
What about the millions of tourists that visit Israel every year?

newman

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 06:13:09 AM »
Well, perhaps you use the word Jew to mean Israelites. But if you say Israel is only to the Jews, then there would be no Judaism, since Cohanim could not stay in Israel, since they are from the tribe of Levy instead of Judah. That's absurd!
Regarding Samaritans, there are many paragraphs of the Tanach which say or imply that NOT ALL Northern Isrealites were exiled. So you cannot be sure that they are Goyim.
And a lot of non-Jews live in Israel and claim Jews are ilegitimate. All Christian churches claim that they are the new legitimate Jews. Would you kill them all?
On the other side, Samaritans have never said that Jews are illegitimate. They only say that their tradition is older.
I wouldn't live in Israel, since it's sure that I am in fact a Goy, but you seem to think I should be killed if I go there as a tourist and visit Gerizim for Pesach.
What about the millions of tourists that visit Israel every year?

Goy tourists welcome.

Goyim lending support to Anti-Jewish groups or groups with false claims on the land of Israel are not.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 06:43:36 AM »
Many tourists who arrive in Israel have no claim on the land, but they have a very much worse claim on Jewish souls. What do you think those who arrived for the year 2000 went for?
Want the answer? They just went to Israel to see how the Temple is still in ruins to strengthen their faith in Catholicism which says Jews will never have peace neither in Israel nor abroad until they convert.
And you woould expell or kill me just for spending one night in Gerizim just to see the Samaritan Korban?

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 07:45:47 AM »
It says clearly in the Bible tht you can only bring sacrifices at the Temple in Jerusalem ie. the place that G-d chose.

They have no right to change the center of worship from Jerusalem to Gerizim.

If you don't beleive that Jerusalem is the place that G-d Chose, then you deny most of the prophets in the Bible who clearly say so.

It's a tragedy of the fact that the Jews are too scared to blow up the mosques and rebuild the Temple, that a gentile such as yourself is fascinated by the Samaritan Korban.

Only Cohanim, descendants of Aharon can bring a Korban, they have no such people. Because they are Cuthian and Babylonian worshipping on Gerizim. A mountain that is only holy to them because Rehaboam used it for an idolatrous Temple.

Raul, you seem to have a good heart. But you're trying to latch on to any Korban, even if it is a fake Korban, as is done on Gereizim.

The Shomronim consider themselves Balestinian and most of them have Arabic names.

They are not Jewish, Israelite, Hebrew or anyting in between.

Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 11:30:14 AM »
Well, Christians are not Isrealite according to Hallacha, and according to race, they are Goyim, but they call themselves the New Yisrael, and they can post here, and their beliefs are respected. Noone has quoted the Tanch against a Christian. Muslims are not welcomed here because of many of them hate Israel. But I'm sure that even an Hindu, although Hallachically idolator can post here, and noone would quote the Tanach to say he is wrong. What the problem if I am pro-Israel and believe in Gerizim?

Samaritans can post there, like anyone respecting the JTF principles: to save the western world and Israel; we welcome even hindus yes if they're righteus ones but exept ALL A-rab Nazi Muslims who hate Israel and all Nazim who hate ALL Jews; If you want to be Samaritan or  Scientologist that your problem not ours.;) And what is your point anyway ???   
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 01:38:21 PM »
I thought they were mixed with Hebrews?Not Jewish just mixed.?

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 02:57:27 PM »
They are small and insugnifficant. I thought that they define themselves as "palestinians"
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 09:12:54 PM »
Regarding Samaritans, they consider themselves non-Jewish Israelites. They accept to be called Palis or Jewish depending under what temporal authority they live, just because they believe that the Covenant is broken since Eli built an altar at Shiloh. So they willingly accept the punishment Shema (Hashem in Samaritan Aramaic) gives them. However the only civil commemoration they accept is Yom Haatzmaut.
Regarding myself, I am not a Samaritan, neither do I claim to be one of them, I am just an Italian who was born in the land of Ameridians, perhaps unwitingly an invader here in Argentina.
I had always thought that the original altar was at Gerizim, even if I had never heards of Samaritans. When I read Ebal in the Christian Bibles, I thought it might be a translation mistake. When I was older and knew Judaism I learned that the Jewish Bible also says Ebal, so I didn't investigate anymore about the issue, until one day I found a Samaritan site and was amazed to know that their Torah says Gerizim. It was at the end of 2001.
I have not come here to discuss religious issues, I just wanted to know what you thought of them.
I support Israel but I am antiWest, since I am pro-Polygamist. If it is a requierement to love te West also, to be allowed to post here, then I'd better be banned.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 10:42:45 PM »
BTW, I have read somewhere, that Goyim are theoretically allowed to offer Korbanot in any place, as Hevel and Noah did. But the problem is that today noone remembers the rules. Is it true? Does anyone know?