Author Topic: Springboks?  (Read 774 times)

Offline Eliav

• Junior JTFer
Springboks?
« on: November 02, 2007, 01:11:14 AM »
Firstly, congrats on taking the cup! I've always liked the green/gold on the shirt, it's a nice combination. O0

I've been hearing about this crap that the government now wants racial quotas for more black players on the squad. Apparently, the final frontier of Afrikaner culture most be toppled. Do they not realize that they also insult their fellow blacks by saying "you aren't good enough to make it on the national team without being forced on?"

It's obvious that the preferred "black sport" in South Africa is soccer (football). I doubt that they would ask for an equal number of whites representing their country in 2010. ::) I also heard that an MP stated the fact that they would probably lose a lot of matches while adjusting to this new decision, but the would "get there" eventually! Can anyone confirm this quote for me, please?

I figured that sports were all about merit. I noticed that after the national Dodgers' broadcast of Jackie Robinson's anniversary game, SportsCenter ran a story about the disappearance of blacks in baseball, even among Historically Black Colleges/Universities (HBCUs). I don't see any shocking reports about the lack of Caucasians in the NBA.