Author Topic: getting back to basics... (incomplete)...  (Read 3033 times)

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
  • one of my earliest rebbeim/rav nachman bulman zt"l
getting back to basics... (incomplete)...
« on: October 30, 2006, 08:35:35 PM »
getting back to basics... (incomplete)...
« on: Today at 05:30:09 PM »     (sorry began this on wrong site within jtf)....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
with all of the stories flying around this site and kahane.org. i think a little reminder of what we are all in this thing for is in order...

we are followers of rav meir kahane hy"d and his son, rav binyamin hy"d... and the one thing that we have that can bring us together and unite us is their words to us in their books, essays and other assorted writings...

as such i have taken it upon myself to write out the fifth chapter of rav meir's book "40 years" in an effort to do just this... and in order to give us all a short review of what we are all about... or at least what we should be about... i am not doing this to give anyone any musar... i have no idea which side of this 3 or 4 sided argument and vendetta is right... all i know so far is that revava is a fraud and as for the rest of you guys... only time will tell... i guess it has been good for me all of these years to have been an outsider looking in because all i know of the kahane legacy and vision is the message and the mission and none of the politics or personal greivances... and so with this said... off we go...

"40 years"
by rav meir kahane
chapters: 5-6/pgs. 90-112...

"the joy and the maddening frustration of our times is the reality that, never was there such a people who so had it within their own hands to bring upon themselves glorious and permanent redemption ~ immediately ~ while, at the same time, refusing to take the necessary steps to do it. far from seeing in the reality a pessimistic and bleak, frightening and depressing picture ~ let us know that never was there a more optimistic one. in the truest of all senses, the Holy One. Blessed Be He, is a CAPTIVE in our hands, and if we do that which He commands, He MUST do that which He promised. His is the Divine word, it cannot be broken. and we refuse to "force" Him to bring us redemption...   

"AND GIVE HIM NO REST TILL HE ESTABLISH AND TILL HE MAKES JERUSALEM A PRAISE IN THE EARTH." (ISAIAH 62).

"AND IF YOU DO THAT WHICH YOU MUST, I, TOO WILL DO WHAT I MUST." (SIFRI, EKEV 49).

one who thinks that the problems and crises and dangers that face the jewish people are political or social or military, understands nothing. a leader who is capable of speaking or writing on the problems of the jew without mention of G-d, is at best an ignoramus or a fool. turn from him; flee from him! he guarantees only national tragedy and disaster. reject him!

a secular nationalist, be he the most strident and maximum? judaism recognizes no such thing. love of people or love of land is meaningless and ultimately absurd without the basis of the uniqueness and specialness of that people and land because of the foundation of G-d. to embrace the jewish people and fight for the jewish land has meaning only if both (land and people... nik.) are special. that uniqueness comes only through G-d and His law. one who does not understand that, understands nothing. he has no answers. he is irrelevant to the destiny of the jew. both secular hawk and dove are ideologically plucked of jewish feathers.

the fate of the jew rests always and only (solely... nik.) upon the question of his faithfulness to G-d and His commandments, and until the end of time, that will always be the key to tragedy or redemption.

"THE SECRET OF THE L-RD IS WITH THEM THAT FEAR HIM AND HE WILL SHOW THEM HIS COVENANT." (PSALMS 25).

jewish history,

(to be continued)...

« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 08:39:19 PM by nikmatdam »
"i am nikmatdam... humble and imperfect servant of Hashem... and i yearn for redemption but i absolutely ache for Divine justice and vengeance..."