Author Topic: To Italian Zionist - Mixing Dairy and Meat  (Read 3273 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
To Italian Zionist - Mixing Dairy and Meat
« on: November 04, 2007, 06:49:41 PM »
Even though I'm not Chaim, I thought I'd chime in here. 

It comes from one of the many laws outlined, I believe in the book of Numbers (???) where it said "you shall not seethe a kid in its mother's milk.  From what I understand, in Judaism, milk symbolizes life, since the animal consumes it to grow big and strong, whereas blood symbolizes death.  We don't mix the two. 

Also along with that law are a bunch of others relating to the slaughter of animals, which must be done as humanely as possible.  For instance, we are not allowed to slaughter an animal in front of its mother, or on the same day as its mother.  Furthermore, if an animal you are trying to slaughter escapes, it's against the law to chase after it. 

Hope that kind of answers your question. 

Now on another note, does anyone here have a link to the audio of Rabbi Tovia singer discussing his first experience at an animal slaughterhouse?  I think it would be good to share here. 

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: To Italian Zionist - Mixing Dairy and Meat
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 07:05:52 PM »
Have you ever heard any scientific facts to suggest that mixing the two causes illnesses?

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 07:14:12 PM »
Have you ever heard any scientific facts to suggest that mixing the two causes illnesses?

Well I don't know about illnesses, but I do know that the body digests meat and dairy in two different ways, so it's not good to eat both at the same time. But when I mix the two, I don't get any stomach problems...

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 07:15:48 PM »
I think it would'nt be good for arterys
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline maryjoe

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 07:31:25 PM »
No it can not cause illnesses because G-D will not hurt the Noahide. G-D told Noah everything is good for him  to eat.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 07:36:55 PM »
No it can not cause illnesses because G-D will not hurt the Noahide. G-D told Noah everything is good for him  to eat.
That's ridiculous.  There are plenty to things that aren't good to eat and can even kill you, both for Jews and gentiles. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline maryjoe

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 07:40:05 PM »
That's ridiculous.  There are plenty to things that aren't good to eat and can even kill you, both for Jews and gentiles. 
I will take G-D's word over your's everytime. when G-D said everythig is good to eat he means everything!

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 07:43:57 PM »

I will take G-D's word over your's everytime. when G-D said everythig is good to eat he means everything!
[/quote]

There are many poisonous animals and plants that you can't eat...

Offline maryjoe

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 07:50:07 PM »

I will take G-D's word over your's everytime. when G-D said everything is good to eat he means everything!

There are many poisonous animals and plants that you can't eat...
[/quote]but of cause G-D will not tell Noahides to eat poisonous animals and plants. these are not food. we are talking about food that G-d gave to the Noahides to eat. refereing to FOOD everything is good to eat!

Offline maryjoe

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 07:52:08 PM »
Even some kosher food isn't healthy. Chaim has said that Gentiles also shouldn't eat pork because it's very unhealthy.

for the Noahide everything is good to eat. but in moderation.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 07:55:58 PM »
Technically in regards to meat, before Noah it was forbidden to eat meat, but since man became weaker and the world changed after the flood, eating meat was permitted only for having strenth. In reality it would be better for people who dont know how to properly eat it - not to eat it- becuase meat ( more than plants and fruits) has the Nefesh (lower part of soul), and one who eats it and doesnt eat it properly only cause that soul pain and to reincarnate again and again.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline maryjoe

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 07:59:16 PM »
Technically in regards to meat, before Noah it was forbidden to eat meat, but since man became weaker and the world changed after the flood, eating meat was permitted only for having strenth. In reality it would be better for people who dont know how to properly eat it - not to eat it- becuase meat ( more than plants and fruits) has the Nefesh (lower part of soul), and one who eats it and doesnt eat it properly only cause that soul pain and to reincarnate again and again.
Noahides do have to eat meat in moderation. but Hashem used the word GOOD when he said everything is GOOD to eat.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 08:13:49 PM »
What about milk?  Milk is good for most people to drink, but some people are horribly allergic to milk and could even die if they drank enough of it.  Obviously not everything is good for everyone.  People are allergic to all sorts of food, some people can DIE from eating even a small amount of peanuts. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline maryjoe

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 08:25:50 PM »
What about milk?  Milk is good for most people to drink, but some people are horribly allergic to milk and could even die if they drank enough of it.  Obviously not everything is good for everyone.  People are allergic to all sorts of food, some people can DIE from eating even a small amount of peanuts. 
Hashem decides who will be healthy and who will be sickly. Hashem has cause some people to be allergic to some foods. these are the exemptions. for the rest of the Noahides every thing is good to eat.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 09:27:35 PM »
eh...

it's all good.

i feel one of the reasons why Gd told the Israelites to not eat certain things or eating a certain was so that we be different from all other nations...that simple...in what we eat and what we wear etc etc etc...

As far as not eating certain animals...one interesting thought I had was to leave certain animals for other carnivores to eat...so don't eat everything lest you kill off a species very important to ecology.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2007, 10:31:49 PM »
This is an issue where I differ from Chaim. I don't think G-d designed unhealthy, poisonous foods that harm us. Man has done that with his additives and preservatives and artificial ingredients. I don't think that pure, natural meat or dairy products do anything bad to the human body.

(I know that most of our animal foods are pumped full of hormones and antibiotics.)

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2007, 10:51:46 PM »
  I not only mix meat and dairy sometimes, I mix my wool with my linen.  Take that Jew people!!! :D :D
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2007, 11:02:05 PM »
On this law the Rabbi's "built a fence around the Torah" as it permitted. They want to make sure that we never even come close to doing what is outlined in the Torah and therefore create a "fence" around it.
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2007, 11:13:08 PM »
eh...

i feel one of the reasons why Gd told the Israelites to not eat certain things or eating a certain was so that we be different from all other nations...that simple...in what we eat and what we wear etc etc etc...

Maybe true, but you have to know that also their are many levels upon levels of reasons. Ill state another one I know.- Its said that Kosher animals, (expecially fish) many times are parts of souls of Jews and rightious people. For whatever reason a part of the Nefesh (lower part of the soul) of a person had to be reincarnated in an animal. The souls of rightious people gets reincarnated into kosher animals while wicked get into non-kosher. Thats why its vital when you eat something to make the proper Kavanah (intent) and at the very least make the Bracha (Blessing) on the (Kosher) food you eat in order for it to achieve its Tikkun (recitfication/ purpose) - also remember what comes around goes around - you might need a Tikkun from some being one day, you would want to recieve help, etc.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/