Author Topic: Is it ok to be Christian or Muslim?  (Read 2573 times)

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
Is it ok to be Christian or Muslim?
« on: November 05, 2007, 09:51:55 PM »
What do you think? I am not asking it from an Hallachic point of view, but from common sense and respect for the Jews.
I'll tell you my story. Since I was a child I was pagan, and worshipped the Sun and Mother Nature. At 16 I discovered that Jews still existed and Israel has been rebuilt. So I picked up a Bible to learn their history. Not for religious purposes yet, just to know about that strange people who had survived for two milenia despite so many persecutions.
I was very upset to discover that most of the Christian Bible was nothing but a copy of Jewish texts. So I claimed thet Christians and Muslims also, had hijacked a holy book with no right. So, since the majority of people here are Christian, I felt that I lived among thieves of foreign books, and had a nervious crisis. The doctor came to see me. He was an Atheist and said I shouldn't worry about the world but try to be happy myself in my private life. Her wife, who came with him was Catholic and listened to me, she said she had every right to use the Pentateuch in Christianity because she was outside Israel. However I was very disgusted to be forced to use the Gregorian Calendar, the calendar of a church which has hijacked Torah from Jews.
I argued that foreigners had no right to even make an opinion of who the Moshiach was, since it was a Jewush issue. No right to worshpp Jesus, since the Gospel says the Sanhedrin condemned him, and no foreigner has the right to discuss legal decisions isuued in another country.
I abandoned my personal paganism, and tried to follow Torah, at that time I had no idea of Noahidism, neither did I know Judaism. I followed the wrtten Torah literarily as far as I understood it.
Where it is said not to mix wool with other material, I understood, that it was forbidden to wear a woolen sweater, and another cloth at the same time. I also used to had a bath a few minutes before sunset as it is written, "he shall wash his body with water (in the afternoon), and shall remain impure until sunset, then he shall be pure"
Then I began to study Judaism properly with a Rav.
My thoughts have changed a lot since my teens......
But the question is still, is it moral for non Jews to use the Torah in their churches? Is it ok to count the years from the birth of someone they claim Jews had judged and condemned?
What do you think?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 09:56:08 PM by Raulmarrio2000 »

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
Re: Is ir ok to be Christian or Muslim?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 09:56:05 PM »
What do you think? I am not asking it from an Hallachic point of view, but from common sense and respect for the Jews.
I'll tell you my history. Since I was a child I was pagan, and worshipped the Sun and Mother Nature. At 16 I discovered that Jews srill existed and Israel has been rebuilt. So I picked up a Bible to learn their history. Not for religious purposes yet, just to know about that strange people who had survived for two milenia despite so many persecutions.
I was very upset to discover that most of the Christian Bible was nothing but a copy of Jewish texts. So I claimed thet Christians and Muslims also, had hijacked a holy book with no right. So, since the majority of people here are Christian, I felt that I lived among thieves of foreign books, and had a nervious crisis. The doctor came to see me. He was an Atheist and said I should worry about the world but try to be happy myself in my private life. Her wife, who came with him was Catholic and listened to me, she said she had every right to use the Pentateuch in Christianity because she was outside Israel. However I was very disgusted to be forced to use the Gregorian Calendar, the calendar of a church which has hijacked Torah from Jews.
I argued that foreigners had no right to even make an opinion of wh the Moshiach was, since it was a Jewush issue. No right to worshpp Jesus, since the Gospel says the Sanhedrin condemned him, and no foreigner has the right to discuss legal decisions isuued in another country.
I abandoned my personal paganism, and tried to follow Torah, at that time I had no idea of Noahidism, neither did I know Judaism. I followed the wrtten Torah literarily as far as I understood it.
Where it is said nor to mix wool with other material, I understood, that it was forbidden to wear a woolen sweater, and another cloth at the same time. I also used to had a bath a few minutes before sunset as it is written, "he shall wash his body with water (in the afternoon), and shall remain impure until sunset, then he shall be pure"
Then I began to study Judaism properly with a Rav.
My thoughts have changed a lot since my teens......
But the question is still, is it moral for non Jews to use the Torah in their churches? Is it ok to count the years from the birth of someone they claim Jews had judged and condemned?
What do you think?
I think it's fine for them to use our books in their religions, they aren't chosen unless they become true Jews, second they can count from whenever they want, it doesn't matter to me.
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
Re: Is it ok to be Christian or Muslim?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 10:00:21 PM »
Well, I was just telling my my thoughts when I was a teen.

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 10:22:38 PM »
Well, I was just telling my my thoughts when I was a teen.
We don't try to convert people, except idolaters, so anyone who isn't performing idolatry is fine. Then the issue comes what is and what is not idolatry
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 10:27:03 PM »
Replacement theology christians are as evil as the muslims. Zionist Christians are good people.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 10:35:27 PM »
The fact that people use the Torah only makes the case for it even stronger. Think about it - allmost everybody recognizes that it is a Holy book- Christains, Muslims, etc. The overwealming majority of the world (from the time of the giving of the Torah onward) believed and belive that the Torah is authentic and true, but all the other religions CLAIM that their was a part 2.  Christans say the "new testement" Muslims claim the Koran. Its easy to counter their claims (but I know that this isnt the place for it). BUT Jews should yett again realise the great importance of the Torah and how non of the other "prophets" could even make a claim that it is a false book.
 And even this isnt even a dropp in the bucket of the deep (yet many times simple to understand) knowledge (not faith) of the Absolute Truth of the Torah and the words of our great Hachamim.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Kiwi

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 10:42:37 PM »
In simple terms its never ok to be muslim.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 10:50:35 PM »
I was not asking if a religion is good or bad in itself. I just wondered if it is ok for Gentiles to use the Jewish Torah to back ANY non Jewish belief.

Kiwi

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 11:28:14 PM »
I was not asking if a religion is good or bad in itself. I just wondered if it is ok for Gentiles to use the Jewish Torah to back ANY non Jewish belief.

What I am saying is easy to understand and its no, not when you are comparing anything to Islam.
Is it ok to be Christian or Muslim?

I answered your topic heading. I will never change the answer its still No.

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 05:57:27 AM »
Christians are fine.

The only time when its okay to be a Muslim is when you are in the process of being turned into fertilizer.
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

newman

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 06:04:08 AM »
Depends on the christian.

One who believes the Jews are wrong (theologically) or that Jews need to accept Yeshu as messiah or any other such BS.....NO it's not OK.

islam is a doctrine of hate, terror, murder, slavery and pack-rape so it's NEVER OK to be one of them.