Author Topic: Ron Paul set a political campaign fundraising record  (Read 3171 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Ron Paul set a political campaign fundraising record
« on: November 07, 2007, 08:58:26 PM »
He raised approximately $4.5 million in one day. 

It would be great if all those people were to support JTF.  I think Paul received contributions from at least 400,000 people.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Re: Ron Paul set a political campaign fundraising record
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 09:39:27 PM »
Most of his supporters hadn't even heard of Ron Paul one year ago at this time. We have known about Chaim for longer, and we are smarter than Paul's nutjob following.

Why aren't we a mass movement?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 09:44:21 PM »
Most of his supporters hadn't even heard of Ron Paul one year ago at this time. We have known about Chaim for longer, and we are smarter than Paul's nutjob following.

This is what's disappointing; the fact that Ron Paul apparently has a bigger following than JTF.  The optimism is that he got a following so quickly so it would be great if the same could happen to JTF in the near-future.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 09:46:00 PM »
Partly because we don't go out there campaigning. It's time for JTF to go make speaking arrangements across the country. We can start with NYC.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 09:46:32 PM »

This is what's disappointing; the fact that Ron Paul apparently has a bigger following than JTF.  The optimism is that he got a following so quickly so it would be great if the same could happen to JTF in the near-future.

I honestly don't know how he did it. No major media was behind him. He wrote an essay called Neo-Conned, which the 'Loose Screws' crowd publicized, but he was never that big.

I think every time Hillary opens her ugly yap this guy gets another leftist, America-hater. Hillary isn't left-wing enough for code-stink.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 09:48:36 PM »
Partly because we don't go out there campaigning. It's time for JTF to go make speaking arrangements across the country. We can start with NYC.

When a speech by Chaim was interrupted in more than a year ago (I read this on JTF's homepage), did most of the audience like what Chaim had to say?

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 09:49:25 PM »

Ok.

Paul started to get really popular after the first debate, when he said that we deserved 9/11.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 09:50:10 PM »

When a speech by Chaim was interrupted in more than a year ago (I read this on JTF's homepage), did most of the audience like what Chaim had to say?

yes. was that a rhetorical question?

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 09:54:23 PM »
This is what it boils down to.

Ready?

Ron Paul supporters write dozens and dozens of emails to newspapers, tv stations, blogs, etc...

They all agree on their forums to hit webpolls at the same time. They rate and comment videos on youtube. They have their own channels. They each do videos on Ron Paul.

They are super-organized, super-generous, and super-committed. For many of them, this is truly a life or death struggle, as misguided as they are.

They don't have the ridiculous infighting that we have.

They host routine get-togethers and fundraisers even without the guy being there. They are truly the types of achievers that got Goldwater the nomination. He too was an outsider with fringe support!!!

I don't like Ron Paul but there is something to be learned from his fan club.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 10:00:45 PM »

They loved him and they gave him a ton of money. Now Chaim has to go across the country and speak in every Synagogue, Church, Community Center, YMCA, etc… that will allow him to speak. I think Chaim will get a lot of money that way.

Making peaceful, legal, and loud demonstrations might attract attention that you bring in funds. Although the internet is very useful in building up support, people like to give money to a “real” person, someone they meet, shake hands with, applaud, and hear speak live. No one pays money to hear Chaim on youtube, but people will pay to hear him give a lecture in person.

Sources tell me that a few years ago Chaim spoke in a hotel in Queens, it was so full they had to turn people away.

No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 10:14:17 PM »
He still doesn't stand a chance of winning the nomination. Most Republicans realize that he's a nut.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 10:20:04 PM »

They loved him and they gave him a ton of money. Now Chaim has to go across the country and speak in every Synagogue, Church, Community Center, YMCA, etc… that will allow him to speak. I think Chaim will get a lot of money that way.

Making peaceful, legal, and loud demonstrations might attract attention that you bring in funds. Although the internet is very useful in building up support, people like to give money to a “real” person, someone they meet, shake hands with, applaud, and hear speak live. No one pays money to hear Chaim on youtube, but people will pay to hear him give a lecture in person.

Sources tell me that a few years ago Chaim spoke in a hotel in Queens, it was so full they had to turn people away.

You're right. But it takes supporters to book Chaim these gigs. AND...he is busy trying to get into Israel AND run two movements.

I think we have to encourage him to look for speaking engagements, even if it means losing out on an ASK JTF show now and then.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 01:43:08 AM »
Re:  "...He still doesn't stand a chance of winning the nomination..."

Probably true, but stranger things have happened.

Everyone said Truman didn't have a chance, the newspapers all printed their headlines "Dewey Beats Truman" and had them ready for sale.

And Truman had been a life-long member of the Ku Klux Klan.

There are so many possible factors between now and then which could alter the entire scenario.

Three Republican candidates have cancer (they may say in public that they are "cured" but that is not a term used in medicine with cancer cases...the physicians will only say that the cancer is in "remission"...they define "cured of cancer" as being still alive 5 years after treatment)

Of everyone I've known who has developed cancer and undergone surgery / chemo, none have lasted for over three years without a complete relapse and death.

The ages of Thompson, McCain, & Giuliani are already nearing the later years of their lives.

The terrible stresses and aggravations, lack of proper sleep, etc. associated with the Presidency are the worst possible things to which  cancer victims should subject themselves.

If I were Osama Obama or Edwards, I would avoid any and all air travel until long after the elections.  Seems that those who cross Hillary & Bill meet up with lots of accidents.

The real "wild card"=Jorge Wahabi Bush...no telling the extent of the damage to the U.S. he will cause over the next year.

Wouldn't surprise me at all were he to cancel all the elections and arrest all the candidates just like his buttboy Musharaff!   ???

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 02:10:47 AM »
Ron Paul is a nazi pig. He is anti Israel. He wants an even handed approach in Israel. That means even towards the Hamas PLO Fatah Pigs. Ron Paul doesn't want to do anything in regards to Iran. He just makes me sick
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Joe Schmo

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 02:21:43 AM »
Ron Paul is a nazi pig. He is anti Israel. He wants an even handed approach in Israel.

I thought that Chaim wanted America to stop pressuring Israel to give up land, etc.

Isn't this what Paul is saying...that it is none of our business what Israel or any other country does.

Chaim says that if America would stop pressuring Israel, that Israel would be better off.  I agree.

Isn't this what Paul is speaking about.

Using the word 'Nazi' is like using the word 'racist'.  It is easy to call someone a Nazi, but it is difficult to prove WHY they are so.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 02:27:15 AM »
Yes you are right to a point. But Ron Paul wants to have an even handed approach. He also doens't support Israel at all. In 2002 in a House resultion vote he voted to not support Israel. Now this wasn't foreign aid this was just a vote to say I support Israel he couldn't even do that. And as for me using the words Nazi Pig I was only echoing what Chiam Ben Pesach said on a youtube viedo
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 02:52:25 AM »

You're right. But it takes supporters to book Chaim these gigs. AND...he is busy trying to get into Israel AND run two movements.

I think we have to encourage him to look for speaking engagements, even if it means losing out on an ASK JTF show now and then.

I think he should skip an "Ask JTF" once in a while and pursue giving a lecture once in a while at types of locations mentioned in a post above.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2007, 05:45:11 AM »
Chaim did it in the past.

Let's make a sticky thread asking people to try to book Chaim to speak at their HOWs, Centers, etc...

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 06:07:02 AM »
The Israel and Jew hater Paul received donations from 23.000 people not hundreds of thousands.And who are these people Democrats,leftists WN, and libertarians
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2007, 08:08:11 AM »
So lets get 23,000 Jews to donate just $100 each.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 11:23:14 AM »
I thought that JTF doesn't support Ron Paul?  Is that still true?

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2007, 11:30:21 AM »
I thought that JTF doesn't support Ron Paul?  Is that still true?

YES.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2007, 01:43:57 PM »
Ron Paul is a nazi pig. He is anti Israel. He wants an even handed approach in Israel.

I thought that Chaim wanted America to stop pressuring Israel to give up land, etc.

Isn't this what Paul is saying...that it is none of our business what Israel or any other country does.

Chaim says that if America would stop pressuring Israel, that Israel would be better off.  I agree.

Isn't this what Paul is speaking about.

Using the word 'Nazi' is like using the word 'racist'.  It is easy to call someone a Nazi, but it is difficult to prove WHY they are so.

I agree 100 percent, I don't see the problem with Ron Paul. He even wants to end funds to Saudi Arabia and Egypt as well which would be good.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2007, 01:45:55 PM »
The Israel and Jew hater Paul received donations from 23.000 people not hundreds of thousands.And who are these people Democrats,leftists WN, and libertarians

Libertarians are not leftists, most are right wing. Many are pro gun, anti illegal immigration, anti IRS, pro American.