Author Topic: Mums 'held off birth for bonus'  (Read 1810 times)

Kiwi

Mums 'held off birth for bonus'
« on: November 08, 2007, 04:19:56 AM »
A HUGE number of expecting mothers delayed births in order to qualify for the increased Baby Bonus payments in July last year, a new study has revealed.
And many more soon-to-be mothers will do the same for the next increase in 2008, researchers from the University of Melbourne and the Australian National University warn.

The researchers estimated that more than 600 births were delayed until after Baby Bonus payments rose to $4000 a pop in July last year.

According to the Born (again) on the First of July study, mothers refused induced births or caesareans until the July 1, 2006.

Economics professor at the University of Melbourne Joshua Gans said that suddenly increasing the payments was “economic mismanagement”.

“This has nothing to do with whether the Baby Bonus is a good idea in general or whether it has boosted fertility,” Professor Gans said.

“All this says is that good governments need to implement policies carefully so as to not put mothers and babies at risk.

“The government should not create incentives to shift births for non-medical reasons.”

The ANU’s Andrew Leigh said that the high number – coming two years after he and Professor Gans revealed that more 1000 births were delayed for the introduction of the scheme – should send a message to governments.

The report said: “For 2006, our results show a substantial Baby Bonus effect. Our best estimate is that 687 births were moved from June 2006 to July 2006, or about 7 percent of births. Of these, about two-thirds were moved from the last week of June 2006 to the first week of July 2006. The narrowness of this window suggests that it is very unlikely that our results are driven by the timing of conceptions.”

“Rather than suddenly increasing the bonus of July 1, 2008, it would be more sensible to phase in the rise over a few weeks,” Professor Leigh said.

“Such a reform would be relatively inexpensive, and would avoid a repeat of the disruption we saw in 2004 and 2006.”

The Baby Bonus scheme was introduced in July 2004, with mothers receiving a lump sum payment of $3000.

Doctors and health workers have been concerned about the number of mothers delaying birth in order to receive the payments, citing health concerns for both woman and child.

Once again women are popping babies for money, this is why Australia's population has fallen. You get cash for kids.

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
Re: Mums 'held off birth for bonus'
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 04:22:04 AM »
Bunch of whores like all those damn whores on the tram coming home from oaks days in their retarded hats, I wish they could all burn.

newman

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 04:41:37 AM »
Decent, middle class people who should breed were not influenced by the bonus one way or another. Turd worlders who breed like cockroaches anyway just got extra cash for nothing and white trash, housing commission scum just blew the bonus on their Monaros. What a waste!

Kiwi

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 04:49:38 AM »
Quite honestly this really pees me off, women using their bodies for cash. These kids are only produced for a couple of grand, so the breed with anything to grab the cash.

The government needs to wipe out this system. I have never once agreed with this and I never will.

Babies need to be born in this world for one reason and one reason only, because their parents want them, and will gladly die for them.

Not because so fat arse old pollie is throwing cash about.

newman

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 04:52:04 AM »
Quite honestly this really pees me off, women using their bodies for cash. These kids are only produced for a couple of grand, so the breed with anything to grab the cash.

The government needs to wipe out this system. I have never once agreed with this and I never will.

Babies need to be born in this world for one reason and one reason only, because their parents want them, and will gladly die for them.

Not because so fat arse old pollie is throwing cash about.

Wouldn't the kid feel great.

......." we only had you to get a new bottom end for the Monaro, and now the head gaskets are stuffed!"

Kiwi

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 05:02:17 AM »
I am dealing with a young lady just not quite 18 , have been working with her for 2 1/2 years, very much become like a daughter to me. And that was the whole reason why she was born so her mother could collect the welfare, and when she was 16 she was raped by her brother so the mother could claim that baby as hers and collect more benefits.

This is what people can do if theres money on the table.

newman

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 05:06:00 AM »
I am dealing with a young lady just not quite 18 , have been working with her for 2 1/2 years, very much become like a daughter to me. And that was the whole reason why she was born so her mother could collect the welfare, and when she was 16 she was raped by her brother so the mother could claim that baby as hers and collect more benefits.

No housing commission, no baby bonus, no family supplement! They want kids? Earn their upkeep themselves!

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 06:15:59 AM »

No housing commission, no baby bonus, no family supplement! They want kids? Earn their upkeep themselves!

Exactly, if you really wanted kids you would make sacrifices for them, not waiting for handouts. Some women are nothing more than walking blowjobs.

newman

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 06:19:00 AM »

Exactly, if you really wanted kids you would make sacrifices for them, not waiting for handouts. Some women are nothing more than walking blowjobs.

Paying white trash to breed is stupid. Paying the 300,000 muSSlim cockroaches in this country to breed is suicide!!

Kiwi

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 06:23:03 AM »

Quite honestly if they were blowing we wouldn't have babies popped out for cash.

Kiwi

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 06:24:31 AM »

Damn right! They did in the old days, they survived nicely, and frankly the children were far better quality because they were wanted, cared for and loved.

kellymaureen

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 10:17:28 AM »
You know they make you get a license to drive a car, or to have a gun....but any old moron with functioning reproductive organs can have a child...there should be a law.  Women who do this are disgusting.

How did they hold off the birth....was it that they planned to get pregnant later or actually held the birth off...and how the heck did they do that, when that baby is ready its coming no matter what lol :o

Kiwi

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 04:53:46 PM »
Its is not uncommon for the child to be born at 10 or 11 months.