Author Topic: New Section Suggestion Idea  (Read 3392 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
New Section Suggestion Idea
« on: November 08, 2007, 10:29:18 PM »
To counter the Kahanist women section, how about a section for Kahanist men, and their contribution or health or topics involving male issues to go with topics involving female issues.  What you think?
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
Re: New Section Suggestion Idea
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 10:32:15 PM »
To counter the Kahanist women section, how about a section for Kahanist men, and their contribution or health or topics involving male issues to go with topics involving female issues.  What you think?
I don't want to sound sexist, but I think the reason for the women's section is that womens' contributions are overlooked more often, and unjustifiably so.
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 10:45:20 PM »
I was thinking about a "Homework help" section, since I always do my homework while I'm on the forum.
KAHANE TZADAK!

Kiwi

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 11:00:00 PM »
I think its a great idea, men are just as important as women and you need to have your own section.

Kiwi

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 12:09:27 AM »
I think would benefit the board is giving men there own area to have solely man related issues can be posted instead of using the whole board to do it, which is currently happening.

You can talk about the roles of men in society, how the changing attitude effects there position, as in stereotyping, behaviour that is require in the world we now live in.

You want to talk about cars, sports general male chinwag  ;)

Basically roles of both sexes in the for ever changing environment we live in are a focus. Every generation is different has different issues, theres alot of cultural change.

Prime example Hails poem, thats a male issue, should be use it and when, there was advice given regarding the creation of it.

To be fair if you have  a womens section you need a mans section, you wouldn't like to be seen as sexist.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 12:13:07 AM »
To be fair if you have  a womens section you need a mans section, you wouldn't like to be seen as sexist.

No biggie.  We men are used to it.

Women are protected and men are disposable.  I'm not speaking of Islam but of Western society.

This is Ha-shem's design.

Kiwi

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 12:16:31 AM »

Women are protected and men are disposable.  I'm not speaking of Islam but of Western society.

One of the rare times I agree with you, but I believe man's role in our society is over looked greatly.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 12:19:03 AM »

One of the rare times I agree with you, but I believe man's role in our society is over looked greatly.

How often you agree with me is irrelevant.

Kiwi

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 12:22:44 AM »
You mean sexist against men for not giving men a section or sexist against women for making them post women's issues in their own section? Women have a special role in Judaism that men don't have. I have never heard someone say "Men of Valor", only Women In Valor. The section is just about the role righteous women of our movement and the role of women in Judaism.

Yes thats far enough I like the womens section, but just because someone has never said "Men of Valor" doesn't mean they don't exist. Just people have chosen not to highlight them.

Example in the Australian Defence Force there are Jewish men that have gone above and beyond their duty, without question and seeking glory.

And I think you have missed the part when I said about roles of men.

I think you are very wrong to disregard it.

But anyway its up to you.

I will not speak any more on this subject.  :-X

Kiwi

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 12:23:25 AM »

like that statement

Joe Schmo

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 12:23:56 AM »
Why don't people ask Chaim if we should have a men's section if they want one?

Why don't you?  Instead of asking about fish in fishbowls.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 12:25:29 AM by Scriabin »

Joe Schmo

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 12:24:20 AM »

like that statement

What?

Joe Schmo

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2007, 12:30:06 AM »
I have never heard someone say "Men of Valor", only Women In Valor.

This is because men of valor are common.

Women of valor are rare.

Kiwi

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 12:31:57 AM »
You mean sexist against men for not giving men a section or sexist against women for making them post women's issues in their own section? Women have a special role in Judaism that men don't have. I have never heard someone say "Men of Valor", only Women In Valor. The section is just about the role righteous women of our movement and the role of women in Judaism.

Yes thats far enough I like the womens section, but just because someone has never said "Men of Valor" doesn't mean they don't exist. Just people have chosen not to highlight them.

The term Woman of Valor is from The Bible at the end of The Book of Proverbs. King Solomon, the wisest of men wrote it.

So what I can use the term anyway I like. Anyway I choose to withdraw my support.

If you are unable to even see the point of men in the Jewish culture theres no point in creating the section.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 12:36:40 AM »

I think I heard Chaim say just this week in the questions show that he feels we have to many sections now. I really don't see the point of adding a mens section. Almost everything goes through the General Section now anyway.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Joe Schmo

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 12:41:08 AM »

I think I heard Chaim say just this week in the questions show that he feels we have to many sections now.

That's EXACTLY what I've been saying.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 02:08:16 AM »
I don't want to sound sexist, but I think the reason for the women's section is that womens' contributions are overlooked more often, and unjustifiably so.

I don't think this is a sexist remark. But I don't think it's an accurate statement either. I think the women's contributions on here are just as well received (if not better) than everything the men on here contribute. I personally don't think the women need a separate section. I think they can swim with the sharks just fine and eat us alive while they're at it as well :)

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 02:15:29 AM »

I think I heard Chaim say just this week in the questions show that he feels we have to many sections now.

That's EXACTLY what I've been saying.

I agree completely.  This forum is filled with testosterone and brutish manhood, that's why the Women's of Valor section needed to be created.  Almost this entire forum is masculine in nature and men have no problem being themselves here.  The issues discussed in the hypothetical men's section wouldn't be any different than the issues discussed anywhere on the forum.  Also given the fact that Chaim thinks there are too many sub-forums, I don't think it should be created. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 10:59:43 AM »
I think we should open "Ideologies, Economics and Religion" section/forum.
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 11:05:41 AM »
We already have a Torah and Jewish Idea Section for religion and we have The Kahanist Movement Section for our ideology.

Kahanism isn't the only Ideology in the world, we should have: Islam+The Torah+The Kahanist Movement+General Discussion about diffrent ideologies, Religions and economics under the "Ideologies, Economics and Religion" section.

Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2007, 11:13:21 AM »
Actually, we should have other section that marges a lot of sections:
*Jews and the Jewish world:
  -Torah and Jewish Idea
  -Jewish History
  -Jewish Dating
  -Save Israel

*Ideologies, Economics and Religion
  -General Discussion - Ideologies, Religions and Economics
  -Islam
    -Koran, Hadith (etc')
    -Islamic Denger
  -Kahanism and other Zionist ideologies

Something like that...
What's your opinion?

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2007, 11:21:33 AM »
I have never heard someone say "Men of Valor", only Women In Valor.

This is because men of valor are common.

Women of valor are rare.

That sounds like a misogynistic remark.