Author Topic: Rabbi Meir Kahane sons/daughters  (Read 3240 times)

Offline Iron Greek

• Senior JTFer
Rabbi Meir Kahane sons/daughters
« on: November 09, 2007, 03:52:49 AM »
I know Rabbi Kahane had kids but i never hear about them?
Are they fighting just like Kahane?
Are they with the JTF?
Where are they what are they doing???

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Rabbi Meir Kahane sons/daughters
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 04:29:48 AM »
rabbi meir kahane
had a brother rabbi nachman kahane.
sons,
rabbi binyamin kahane (younger son)
rabbi baruch kahane (elder son)

Rabbi Binyamin Kahane ran the kahanist movement in israel, but was murdered with his wife. Their daughters were in the car at the time but survived. I think a son, Meir, was not in the car at the time.

Thanks to Rabbi Binyamin, 2 kahanist yeshivot - jewish learning seminaries, were set up. To create scholar warriors. They are still around but probably not so strong since Rabbi Binyamin Kahane and his father have been murdered.

Rabbi Nachman Kahane, and Rabbi Baruch Kahane are involved in jewish rabbinical scholarship, but don`t seem to be involved in the action. 

Rabbi Meir Kahane was murdered in 1990. Rabbi Binyamin Kahane , in 2000.

That is what I recall from my googling.

Offline Iron Greek

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 04:46:48 AM »
Thank you but if there is anyone that has more detailed information about this it would be greatly appreciated because knowledge is power?!

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 08:06:37 AM »
Rabbi Nachman Kahane, the brother of Rabbi Meir Kahane is the Rabbi of Young Israel in the Old City of Jerusalem (in what is called the Muslim Quater).

Rabbi Binyamin Kahane, the son of Rabbi Meir Kahane led Kahane Chai for a few years until he was killed along with his wife. He was very active. Rabbi Baruch Kahane (other son) is a scholar who sits and studies all day long.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 08:23:34 AM »
Was Kahane's death ever avenged ?
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 08:27:29 AM »
There were a number of killings of Fatah leaders by unknown individuals that were ascribed to revenge killings I dont know if that is why they were killed or not, but I hope so.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Husar

• Ultimate JTFer
  • I drink wine out of nazis' skulls.
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 08:57:29 AM »
rabbi meir kahane
had a brother rabbi nachman kahane.
sons,
rabbi binyamin kahane (younger son)
rabbi baruch kahane (elder son)

Rabbi Binyamin Kahane ran the kahanist movement in israel, but was murdered with his wife. Their daughters were in the car at the time but survived. I think a son, Meir, was not in the car at the time.

Thanks to Rabbi Binyamin, 2 kahanist yeshivot - jewish learning seminaries, were set up. To create scholar warriors. They are still around but probably not so strong since Rabbi Binyamin Kahane and his father have been murdered.

Rabbi Nachman Kahane, and Rabbi Baruch Kahane are involved in jewish rabbinical scholarship, but don`t seem to be involved in the action. 

Rabbi Meir Kahane was murdered in 1990. Rabbi Binyamin Kahane , in 2000.

That is what I recall from my googling.

GOD BLESS THEM ALL,
those Great Kahane's who died,
as well as those who survived.

"HUSSARORUM ALIAS RACOW"
"Hussar alias Rac (Serb)"

http://www.myarmoury.com/feature_hussars.html
"Hussar or gussar originally meant "a robber" in Serbian. These horsemen served not only under the Polish and Lithuanian colors but also under those of the Holy Roman Emperor;"
http://www.husaria.jest.pl/rys.html
"Bardzo prawdopodobne, że początek swego istnienia husarze zawdzięczają Serbom. Po klęsce na Kosowym Polu w roku 1389 wszędzie szukali okazji do pomsty na Turkach.
Jan Długosz zapisał pod rokiem 1463, że w bitwie nad Sawą bił się Cohors Raczanorum (oddział Raców - Serbów). Po śmierci króla Macieja Korwina Serbowie udali się do Polski, aby kontynuować walkę z Turkami po usarsku."
http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/polcrt/WingedHussar.html
"The hussar concept began in Serbia, near the end of the 14th century. In the 16th century, painted wings or winged claws began to appear on cavalry shields. Wings were originally attached to the saddle and later to the back. In 1645, Col. Szczodrowski was said to have used ostrich wings.
In 1500, the Polish Treasury books make reference to hussars. Early on, they were foreign mercenaries, and were called Racowie from "Rascia" a word meaning "of Serbia." They came from the Serbian state of Ras."
http://www.fanaticus.org/DBA/armiesofthefanatici/DarrenBuxbaum/LaterSerbs/
"Serbian Gussars"
http://ac.bondurand.com/liste332.htm
"Les serbes avaient reconnu la nécessité d'une cavalerie légère, (...) ils développèrent leur propre cavalerie légère, les GUSARS ou USARS, d'où sont venus les hussards."
http://www.armae.com/contemporain/144epeesetdagues.htm
"Originaires de Serbie, les hussards furent des cavaliers d'élite, connus surtout en Hongrie puis en France, et imités par la suite partout en Europe."
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/1b772/a9330/
"The area around the present Zorinsk (Ukrainia) belonged to the Serb Hussar Major Vuyich at the end of the 18th century."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenije_III
" Arsenije III (...) was inaugurating new Serb infantry and hussar regiments that were sent to the ongoing war."
http://www.gatago.com/pl/sci/historia/19850502.html
"Jan Długosz pod rokiem 1463 napisał, że w bitwie nad Sawą, biły się
"Cohors Raczanorum" / Początki husarii w bitwie na Kulikowym Polu
w 1389 r."
--

CcCc

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 09:05:33 AM »
Shame about Kahane's death. He was well ahead of his time.
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline Iron Greek

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 01:19:54 PM »
I cant see why Rabbi Kahanes brother doesnt continue what he was trying to achieve

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 03:22:23 PM »
I cant see why Rabbi Kahanes brother doesnt continue what he was trying to achieve
R' Nachman is one of the leaders in the movement to re-establish the Sanhedrin.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 06:48:36 PM »
rabbi meir kahane did not speak of reinstituting the sanhedrin. Or rebuilding the temple.  Who knows what his position on that may have been.

Besides halachic criticism, the Sanhedrin has come under criticism for not making any declarations against the israeli government after jews were thrown out of their homes in gush katif.   The only Kahane to take over from Rabbi Meir, was his son Rabbi Binyamin. Once he died, no new Kahane took over.

A reason why, is that it`s a difficult thing!!  Just because your name is Kahane doesn`t make your a leading Kahanist.   Israel`s former chief rabbi, Herzog, had one good son, but also, one wicked secular son Chaim who was very anti religious.  He had to make an advert in a newspaper disowning his son! 

An accountant or lawyer`s son may not be as great an accountant or lawyer as his father, he may have to go a different path.

Rabbi Meir Kahane was a phenomenon.  He planned everything from the start, taking degrees in law - to prepare for becoming prime minister, as well as studying to become a rabbi - and more studying. He spent 14 years studying in yeshivot. His wit, his wisdom.    His father , Rabbi Charles Kahane, was also a rabbi and author, but I am sure that if his father had the skills that his son had - he was an adult during the holocaust, he would be more famous!!       

Chaim Ben Pesach mentioned how Rabbi Kahane could turn a rally into a riot - when the need arose. These things require a very unusual mix of skills.