Author Topic: Hillary In Free Fall  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
Hillary In Free Fall
« on: November 11, 2007, 03:15:45 PM »
Hillary In Free Fall     
November 8, 2007 -- WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton's once-commanding lead in New Hampshire has been slashed - a sign that the simmering driver's-license controversy may have bled into the critical first-primary state, a new poll shows.

Clinton leads top Democratic rival Barack Obama by only 10 percentage points - 34 to 24 - in the latest Rasmussen Reports poll, her smallest edge of the season. John Edwards comes in third, at 15 percent.

A month ago, Clinton had a 23-point lead in the same survey. [A 57% DROP!]

Last week, before Clinton stumbled in a Democratic presidential debate over Gov. Spitzer's plan to let illegal immigrants get driver's licenses, she led by 16 percent.

The survey also revealed that 66 percent of Democrats are against letting illegal immigrants get driver's licenses, with only 19 percent supporting the idea, an indication that Clinton's positive - but severely hedged - stance won't sell well in the Granite State.

Bill Clinton, speaking in Chicago yesterday, shifted his comments to warn about "swift boat" attacks from Republicans - rather than from fellow Democrats - after getting slammed by Obama and Sen. Chris Dodd for "over the top" criticism of his wife's rivals.

"I thought it made all the Democrats vulnerable to a 'swift boat' kind of ad in the general election," the ex-president told reporters after a rally.

Also, a new survey in Iowa shows Clinton's lead dipping to just 3 points. She leads Obama, 28-25 percent, with Edwards at 21.

HILLARY'S COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF PROBLEM

Mia T, 10.02.05

"It isn't that they can't see the solution. It is that they can't see the problem." (G. K. Chesterton)

While America appears not to be ready for a female president under any circumstances, the post-9/11 realities pose special problems for a female presidential candidate. Add to these the problems unique to missus clinton. The reviews make the mistake of focusing on the problems of the generic female presidential candidate running during ordinary times.

These are not ordinary times. America is waging the global War on Terror; the uncharted territory of asymmetric netherworlds is the battlefield; the enemy is brutal, subhuman; the threat of global conflagration is real.

Defeating the enemy isn't sufficient. For America to prevail, she must also defeat a retrograde, misogynous mindset. To successfully prosecute the War on Terror, it is essential that the collective patriarchal islamic culture perceives America as politically and militarily strong. This requirement presents an insurmountable hurdle for any female presidential candidate, and especially missus clinton, historically anti-military--(an image, incidentally, that is only enhanced today by her clumsy, termagant parody of Thatcher), forever the pitiful victim, and, according to Dick Morris, "the biggest dove in the clinton administration."

It is ironic that had the clintons not failed utterly to fight terrorism... not failed to take bin Laden from Sudan... not failed repeatedly to decapitate a nascent, still stoppable al Qaeda... the generic female president as a construct would still be viable... missus clinton's obstacles would be limited largely to standard-issue clintonisms: corruption, abuse, malpractice, malfeasance, megalomania, rape and treason... and, in spite of Juanita Broaddrick, or perhaps because of her, Rod Lurie would be reduced to perversely hawking the "First Gentleman" instead of the "Commander-in-Chief."

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
Re: Hillary In Free Fall
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 11:52:51 PM »
Hillary Saddam Arafat is still going to win the nomination. This is indisputable. Her lead in the national polls is so large, it would be impossible for anyone to stop her.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 02:05:01 AM »
But Obama is no better so does it matter? 

As Barach Velvel says, Hillary will most likely still win the Democrat nomination anyway.  Some Democrats have mentioned in polls that although Hillary isn't their favorite Democrat candidate, they still intend to vote for her.  This is because they believe "Republicans are evil so as Democrats, we must vote for the candidate who has the best chance to win the general election."  Since Bill lost a re-election bid as governor of Arkansas (he eventually ran again for governor and won), neither Clinton has lost any election.  So when other Democrats try to criticize Hillary during debates, sometimes she tries to change the subject and says "I'm the candidate who can beat the Republicans.  I've always fought against them and I will continue to do so." 

One of the things I like about "Lou Dobbs voters" are that they don't say "I must support/oppose a particular issue because certain Democrats are for/against it or certain Republicans are for/against it. 

newman

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 02:15:53 AM »
Hitlery, O'bummer and whatever sell-out, flakey, conservative imposters the other lot put up. Talk about "The devil and the deep blue sea"!