Author Topic: I don't understand how come not one Jew could put a bullet in Adolph's head  (Read 8780 times)

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
I just don't understand how no Jews even made an attempt to get at Adolph Hitler.  It's unbelievable to me.  I would have loved to sink a butcher knife right through his eye 

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
All those millions of Jews,  someone could have done it

Kiwi

It was far more complex than that. It was a how system they were facing not just one man.

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
It was far more complex than that. It was a how system they were facing not just one man.

I disagree, someone could have got him.  I don't go for that.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 11:32:13 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
I know darn well, that other people wonder the exact same thing

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
I wondered the same thing.  There is a legend that a Stalin had a Jewish relative who poisoned him because he was planning to exterminate all the Jews in Russia by shipping them to labor camps in Siberia. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
woulda shoulda coulda....

what about all of the worst hateful leaders of this world?  Guess sometimes we prefer the intervention of Gd just show that it is He who is All Powerful..

But then again, what happned with Haman?  We need smart Jews like Mordecai and Esther today.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
I have often wondered this question and more, but having researched the history of the times, here's why it didn't happen:
-The Jews of Germany were loyal to Germany, considered themselves German Jews, considered themselves the elite of world Jewry, and Germany was the most advanced of the Western countries at that time.
-The first thing Hitler did upon taking power was to ban firearm ownership and he had all of the weapons registered and then rounded them all up.
-Jews for many generations have always told their sons "Be a good little Jewish boy"..."don't fight"..."don't fight back"..."you show them that you won't stoop to their level".
-Most important reason--The Nazi Reich was an episode unparalleled in world history.  Unlike today, there was no precedent for such a monstrous regime in a civilized Western country, and most Jews as well as non-Jews practiced denial ("Hitler's just a lot of talk & hot air"..."He just says those things about the Jews just to get the ignorant masses to support him"..."You'll see"..."once he's in power he'll forget all of that Jew nonsense".
-In addition to the reasons above, it should be recognized that each and every act and legislation of the Nazi Regime happened in small incremental steps.  Each time a new law was passed, the Jews would say "Well"..."we can still live with it"..."after all, we're still here"..."nobody's actually done anything to us."  You throw a frog in a boiling pot of water, and it'll jump right out.  Throw a frog in a pot of water and then add a little heat and then a little more...and the frog won't jump out...staying in the pot until boiled.

Kiwi

Really? Everyone that I know see the problem was far bigger than one individual.

If it was as simple as that, there would be no Nazi's today now would there.

Hitler is dead therefore Nazi movement dies. I don't think so.

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
I have often wondered this question and more, but having researched the history of the times, here's why it didn't happen:
-The Jews of Germany were loyal to Germany, considered themselves German Jews, considered themselves the elite of world Jewry, and Germany was the most advanced of the Western countries at that time.
-The first thing Hitler did upon taking power was to ban firearm ownership and he had all of the weapons registered and then rounded them all up.
-Jews for many generations have always told their sons "Be a good little Jewish boy"..."don't fight"..."don't fight back"..."you show them that you won't stoop to their level".
-Most important reason--The Nazi Reich was an episode unparalleled in world history.  Unlike today, there was no precedent for such a monstrous regime in a civilized Western country, and most Jews as well as non-Jews practiced denial ("Hitler's just a lot of talk & hot air"..."He just says those things about the Jews just to get the ignorant masses to support him"..."You'll see"..."once he's in power he'll forget all of that Jew nonsense".
-In addition to the reasons above, it should be recognized that each and every act and legislation of the Nazi Regime happened in small incremental steps.  Each time a new law was passed, the Jews would say "Well"..."we can still live with it"..."after all, we're still here"..."nobody's actually done anything to us."  You throw a frog in a boiling pot of water, and it'll jump right out.  Throw a frog in a pot of water and then add a little heat and then a little more...and the frog won't jump out...staying in the pot until boiled.
German Jews, were Germans first, just like the majority of Jews here wouldn't kill the president if there was some plot against Jews again
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: I don't understand how come not one Jew could put a bullet in Adolph's head
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 11:02:53 PM »

Really? Everyone that I know see the problem was far bigger than one individual.

If Hitler died, it would have been a HUGE blow to the Nazi movement if it was done on time.  It would have been impossible to replace Adolf Hitler with the sort of charismatic leader that was required to accomplish what the Nazis did.

If Hitler were never born, the Holocaust probably would have never happened, or it at least would have happened very differently.  It's hard to admit, but sometimes the fate of millions of people comes to the decisions and influence of one man. 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 11:05:05 PM by Ze'ev Jabotinsky »
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 11:05:09 PM »

If Hitler died, it would have been a HUGE blow to the Nazi movement if it was done on time.  It would have been impossible to replace Adolf Hitler with the sort of charismatic leader that was required to accomplish what the Nazis did.
It would have been difficult, but the plan still likely would have gone through, depending on the exact time that he died
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2007, 11:08:58 PM »

It would have been difficult, but the plan still likely would have gone through, depending on the exact time that he died

I think this is what people would like to believe, in order to avoid feeling anger and resentment at the many Jews and Germans who didn't take an opportunity to assassinate Hitler when there were opportunities to do so, because it allows you to forgive them if you think that everything would have turned out the same regardless of whether Hitler was killed or not.  Believing that allows you to be more accepting with what happened than recognizing the harsh reality that if a single person put a bullet in Hitler's head at the right time, WWII and the Holocaust both would have been completely avoided. 

This is the way that political movements with a cult of personality operate, there is so much reliance on the charismatic individual that without him the movement can be severely hindered, or can crumble entirely. 

« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 11:11:05 PM by Ze'ev Jabotinsky »
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 11:13:56 PM »

I think this is what people would like to believe, in order to avoid feeling anger and resentment at the many Jews and Germans who didn't take an opportunity to assassinate Hitler when there were opportunities to do so, because it allows you to forgive them if you think that everything would have turned out the same regardless of whether Hitler was killed or not.  Believing that allows you to be more accepting with what happened than recognizing the harsh reality that if a single person put a bullet in Hitler's head at the right time, WWII and the Holocaust both would have been completely avoided. 

This is the way that political movements with a cult of personality operate, there is so much reliance on the charismatic individual that without him the movement can be severely hindered, or can crumble entirely. 

I agree with you that German Jews and specifically the leaders, should have done more to prevent their own doom, but ultimately I can't blame the victims as the last buck. I blame the American Jews in the end, because they were the ones who had the power to stop it at any time throughout the Holocaust.
It depends when Hitler would have been killed. If he was killed in the late 30's, I doubt it would matter, in the late 20's or maybe the early 30's then perhaps the Holocaust and WWII wouldn't have occurred...
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 11:22:47 PM »
Or it could have made a bigger holocost since the Germans would have blamed the Jews even more if they assassinated their leader.
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 11:32:32 PM »
Or it could have made a bigger holocost since the Germans would have blamed the Jews even more if they assassinated their leader.
I disagree with that. At the worst it wouldnt have changed anything. How could it have been worse? THEY KILLED 6 MILLION JEWS. It couldn't have been much worse. If they had been able to, they would have killed all 12-13 million, but they couldn't. It's like the two Jews who are about to killed by a Nazi, when one reaches for a knife and the other says, "What are you doing? you'll just make things worse."
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 11:44:43 PM »
I don't look at things that way.  I don't think killing Hitler early on would hurt the Jews anymore than they have already been hurt.  Hitler murdered 6 million.  To say that things would be worse for killing him, makes no sense to me

Kiwi

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 11:48:44 PM »

If Hitler were never born, the Holocaust probably would have never happened, or it at least would have happened very differently.  It's hard to admit, but sometimes the fate of millions of people comes to the decisions and influence of one man. 

I think regardless of Hitler being born or not I still think it would of happened at some stage.

And Yes Hitler was a driving force for the Nazi's I have a belief that Hilter died before the offical verison of events stated it.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 11:51:09 PM »
I don't look at things that way.  I don't think killing Hitler early on would hurt the Jews anymore than they have already been hurt.  Hitler murdered 6 million.  To say that things would be worse for killing him, makes no sense to me

Yes, I don't think anyone could have convinced Germans to start a war and to exterminate Jews if Hitler was killed early enough.  He gave them lots of inspiration and leadership, I don't think it would have been possible with anyone else.  He was such an insane genius and an effective leader, and gave the Germans a philosophy that they were ready to adhere to.  Much of the time, the ideas for the war and against Jews were straight out of Hitler's mouth and followed exactly as he said, even if people thought that what he was asking them to do was a bit insane.   

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 11:54:30 PM »

Hitler is dead therefore Nazi movement dies. I don't think so

I think regardless of Hitler being born or not I still think it would of happened at some stage.

And Yes Hitler was a driving force for the Nazi's I have a belief that Hilter died before the offical verison of events stated it.

We have to remember that every single concrete aspect of Nazism was formulated by Hitler.  Liebensraum, exterminating Jews, perpetutation of Jewish conspiracy theories, heightening of awareness of the greivances of Germany, German racial theories, the concept of undermenschen.  So much of Nazism came straight out of the brain of Hitler, it would have been almost impossible for it to be created otherwise.

Maybe if Hitler was killed, Jews still would have been kicked out of Germany, but there would probably be no invasion of European countries, no killing of those Jewish populations.  At worse there would be Jewish refugees from Germany and some Jews killed in small pogroms typical to the ones that happened throughout the late 19th century. 

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2007, 11:56:47 PM »
No doubt in my mind, if someone killed Hitler early on, the Holocaust would have been prevented.

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2007, 11:58:17 PM »
One man like Hitler does change the course of History.  So killing him would also change the course of history

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2007, 11:59:58 PM »
One man like Hitler does change the course of History.  So killing him would also change the course of history

Like Meir Kahane H"YD, imagine if he was not assassinated what would have been accomplished if he became Prime Minister. 

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2007, 12:01:37 AM »
It's very sad and frustrating to me that the Jews didn't get to him early on.  Hitler was only human, he eats and craps like everyone else, no God here

Kiwi

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 12:02:32 AM »
Through the history of the Jews theres always someone at sometime trying to kill them off.

What I was saying if it wasn't Hitler it would of been someone else.

Persecution of the Jews do not start with him, and will not end with him.