Author Topic: Baruch HaShem, Ask JTF Is Ready (11/12)  (Read 3526 times)

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Baruch HaShem, Ask JTF Is Ready (11/12)
« on: November 12, 2007, 11:59:20 AM »
                                                                                                         בס''ד

www.jtf.org/c.mp3

This was a very long one - over 2 hours and 30 minutes. There were 45 questioners.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Baruch HaShem, Ask JTF Is Ready (11/12)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 03:25:45 PM »
too bad i'm at work.. cant listen till i get home

but 2 hrs and 30 minutes!  Come guys, we need to cut Chaim some slack. I know he loves doing these shows but we dont' want a tired Chaim for the rest of the week.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 04:06:35 PM »
Thank you.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 06:01:49 PM »
To those of you who believe that I ask Chaim "silly questions"  on the Ask JTF shows, listen to his response to that complaint when I asked him about it.  He defended my questions and believes that my questions are NOT SILLY!!  What do you think about that you jerks?!!

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 06:23:13 PM »
To those of you who believe that I ask Chaim "silly questions"  on the Ask JTF shows, listen to his response to that complaint when I asked him about it.  He defended my questions and believes that my questions are NOT SILLY!!  What do you think about that you jerks?!!

I've never thought your questions are silly.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 06:25:01 PM »
Joe, only a very small minority of people here think your questions are silly. I don't. The only kind of question that is silly is a sarcastic one, or a fake one just to waste Chaim's time.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 07:04:40 PM »
too bad i'm at work.. cant listen till i get home

but 2 hrs and 30 minutes!  Come guys, we need to cut Chaim some slack. I know he loves doing these shows but we dont' want a tired Chaim for the rest of the week.

Also keep in mind the people who don't have much free time to listen to the shows!
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 07:06:17 PM »
Thanks Sarah.  I miss our debates.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 07:12:36 PM »

lol.

Joe is the man.

Offline YESHA

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • I love our Yesha residents - Judea & Samaria.
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 07:32:43 AM »
The shows always make intresting listening. But they are far too long. They MUST be cut back, that's what I think. Many will disagree.

Despite ASK JTF being a breath of fresh air for me, when I listen to it every Friday, it is VERY long.

Thank Chaim and all.

Zev

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 04:13:27 PM »
Thanks Sarah.  I miss our debates.

We used to argue a lot remember.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 06:09:41 PM »
I do remember.

Offline Hail Columbia

• Master JTFer
  • Vrijheid, Welvaart, Beschaving
    • AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 09:57:26 PM »
How about if the show is partitioned at the point where Chaim does his one-minute break?

Learn the truth about rap "music": (Strongly recommended for new members)
www.geocities.com/wilder2k1
My MySpace site:
http://www.myspace.com/hailcolumbiajtf
My YouTube site:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HailColumbiaJTF
Dixie Outfitters, Preserving Southern Heritage Since 1861:
http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/
AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website:
http://www.africancrisis.co.za
The Right Perspective, NYC's Most Dangerous Callers to Talk Radio, Airing Live Every Friday Night, 10 PM EST:
http://www.therightperspectivepodcastblog.blogspot.com/

In thy power Almighty, trusting,
Did our fathers build of old;
Strengthen then, O Lord, their children
To defend, to love, to hold
That the heritage they gave us
For our children yet may be:
Bondsmen only to the Highest
And before the whole world free.
As our fathers trusted humbly,
Teach us, Lord, to trust Thee still:
Guard our land and guide our people
In Thy way to do Thy will.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 10:08:41 PM »
How about if the show is partitioned at the point where Chaim does his one-minute break?

We can start by having a moderator edit the questions for length, spelling, and grammar before Chaim gets them. There is no reason why Chaim cannot get a Scriabin-like question from everybody.

Additionally, I wouldn't put up the following week's 'Ask Jtf' thread until at least after the current broadcast is aired to respectfully limit the number of questioners.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 10:12:46 PM by Trumpeldor »

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 02:28:05 PM »

We can start by having a moderator edit the questions for length, spelling, and grammar before Chaim gets them. There is no reason why Chaim cannot get a Scriabin-like question from everybody.

Additionally, I wouldn't put up the following week's 'Ask Jtf' thread until at least after the current broadcast is aired to respectfully limit the number of questioners.

Though a moderator may end up changing a persons question by editing.

I think there should be a number limit, of 30 questions per week.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 03:39:38 PM »

We can't have moderators chop up people's questions. I post longer questions sometimes so moderators have no right to change other people's question by cutting them up. People can save what Chaim doesn't get to for antoher week. That's what I do.

Alternatively you could set a good example and post shorter questions.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 06:21:20 PM »

We can't have moderators chop up people's questions. I post longer questions sometimes so moderators have no right to change other people's question by cutting them up. People can save what Chaim doesn't get to for antoher week. That's what I do.

We should have moderators 'chop up' people's questions. That's what a moderator's role is. Chaim has asked for months now for people to limit their post to a single comment or question. Many of our questioners would not be affected by this in the least and it would shorten the shows. Not only that, it would make the shows more lively. Long questions/comments are generally boring and can be easily expressed more concisely. Let a moderator with great written skills do this for one show (as a test) and I guarantee it will shorten the shows and make them more lively.

Think about it.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 07:57:24 PM »
That's Bolshevism. How will people express themselves. What if they want to make a point and explain something to Chaim and the listeners. This is our only time to write directly to Chaim because usually he is too busy to answer everything we write because he gets hundreds of E-mails a day.

This isn't censorship. We are not telling people they can't express their views. We are simply saying that out of respect for Chaim, people should limit post to one brief question or comment.

By looking at last week's broadcast and the one before that, this will affect only a small portion of the questions.

You yourself have written: "Note To All Posters: Only one post per person is permitted. Please make it a single, short question."
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 07:59:26 PM by Trumpeldor »

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 07:19:06 PM »
I agree.  There are too many questions on the Ask JTF shows.  It makes the shows too long for anyone to listen to in one sitting.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 09:49:28 PM »
I don't think we should have moderators chop up our questions. I think the moderators should install software that limits the number of characters that someone can type into a question. This exists on youtube where you can't type more than 500 characters in one box. We should install the same type of software here. Perhaps 500 characters is too short. But something like a 750 or 1000 character limit would be more suitable for Ask JTF. I'm not sure which software this would be and how to install it. Perhaps one of our ingenious computer geeks might know more about this. Would Jeffguy be able to help us out here? :) (I mean it all in the best possible light :) )

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2007, 10:08:51 PM »
Jeffguy talked about that in the past but I still don't think we should be doing it. That would make my whole question being taken up by the rules.

No offense intended, Yacov. But I think we need to have a system like this in place especially for you since your questions sometimes tend to ramble on and end up being really long :)

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2007, 11:00:29 PM »
You yourself have written: "Note To All Posters: Only one post per person is permitted. Please make it a single, short question."

Check out what else it says.

What is your point? Just because it gets moved to another week doesn't take away from the fact that Chaim probably has to skim it to see what in fact your question is.

The fact that you do this is fine, because it does eventually get moved to another week. Others, however, just enter in a whole lot of text and Chaim has to skim, which prolongs the show unnecessarily and decreases the quality.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2007, 05:02:09 PM »
Jeffguy talked about that in the past but I still don't think we should be doing it. That would make my whole question being taken up by the rules.

To be totally honest, Yacov, you do need to post shorter questions. They are unnecessarily long. You could make them MUCH shorter without changing what they say.