Do you boycott oil?

I boycott oil as much as logically possible
14 (66.7%)
I don't because it's impractical
7 (33.3%)
I don't because I don't think it's funding terrorism
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Do you boycott oil?  (Read 2803 times)

Offline Ralph1

• Full JTFer
Do you boycott oil?
« on: November 15, 2007, 03:37:40 AM »
Most of us here know oil funds terrorism and WMD development in Muslim nations. I would like to know who tries to boycott oil as much as possible. It's impossible to completely boycott oil but I'm sure there are people who refuse to buy gasoline.

Offline Iron Greek

• Senior JTFer
Re: Do you boycott oil?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 03:52:17 AM »
yeah many people ride camels to work......in the middle east lol

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 08:33:59 AM »
I get a car wtih better gas mileage.  I tell people that oil is funding Arab Muslim Nazi terrorists.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 08:50:44 AM »

I have been trying to switch to a car that runs on alcohol (ethanol), that's alcohol made from AMERICAN GROWN CORN, no money for arabs, no oil. My next car will be one that runs on alcohol, there are many models that you can currently buy from GM, Ford, Isuzi and others.

I've found a resource for that information that I'd like to share with you all.

https://e85fuel.securesites.net/index.php It's the National Ethanol Vehicle Coalition.

They've got all the information you need to purchase a car that runs on alcohol, and a list stations where you can fill it up, and a place to petition to get the gas stations in your area to carry it, (E85 ethanol specifically).

I like the idea that with one of those vehicles I could set up a still in my backyard an make all the fuel I want with some yeast and a sack of sugar.  8)
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 10:29:19 AM »

I think we should en-mass, only buy cars that do not use oil for fuel!

Here's a link for cars you can buy TODAY that will run on alcohol.

Cmon, lets go shopping! http://www.chevrolet.com/e85/  O0

« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 10:38:08 AM by NewYorker »
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Online Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 12:11:39 PM »
I don't even own a car. I rely solely on public transportation. Thanks for the links NewYorker.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 01:05:38 PM »
I drive a Geo Metro that gets 50 mpg, and I ride my bike whenever possible.

newman

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 01:15:05 PM »
I drive a Geo Metro that gets 50 mpg, and I ride my bike whenever possible.

The auto makers could use carbon fibre NOW to make family sized cars that only weigh what a Geo does AND get 50mpg. Big steel and Big oil won't let them.

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 01:28:26 PM »
the oil corps are making it VERY hard though.

So one way the corps do it, is y forcing the materials used, to be VERY expensive...and in turn, the end product is a LOT more expensive than the oil-fueled products  >:(

Offline WestCoastJTF

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 02:30:34 PM »
This article has a lot of good information on the reality of the gas you buy...it's virtually impossible to buy gas that is non-Middle-Eastern in origin:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/saudigas.asp

Here in Oregon, I primarily shop at Arco, which is owned by BP, but the oil is primarily Alaskan in origin.  It's also cheaper ;-)

Of course, then you have to add in a few bucks to have someone to pump it for you...that's right, here in Oregon, like in New Jersey, we can't pump our own gas.  Talk about a pointless jobs program for the meth-heads...

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 03:20:40 PM »
I buy my gasoline from Hess or Conocco if I can find a Conocco,  there is a Hess in Queens.  If you can find the few gasoline companies that do not use Arab oil that be good.  I think the following good gas stations are:

Hess
Sunocco
Conocco
and
If you live in Canada or go to Canada at anytime Petrol Canada.

Esso is Canada's version of Exxon.. DO NOT USE THAT!
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Bodhi

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 11:13:12 AM »
 You really can't boycott oil since it's used in so many things (plastics, fertilizers etc)....most of the food in the supermarket is trucked in again using oil.  Where I live I have the advantage that all the oil comes from Venezuela...I know I know they are the axis of evil and friends with Iran etc etc, but they are at least a fairly civilized nation and not muslim.

Anyone who is at all involved with the economy is dependant on oil......even if 20 million people "boycotted" middle eastern oil it would make absolutely no difference.

Offline JTFSupporter

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 11:28:39 AM »
I drive a Prius (hybrid-electric) and try to take public transit as much as possible.

Offline Iron Greek

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 06:36:05 AM »
I have a 90 thunderbird supercoupe
Lets say everyone in the United states had hybrids
the gas prices would go up to 7-10 dollars a gallon because people will buy it
if they really wanted to they could release a car that runs on water
hybrids are the us governments way to shut us up temporarily
a reason not to use a alternate energy source
because if everyone is using hybrids they could just crank up the gas and they would be earning the same amount of money as they are now

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2007, 07:46:20 AM »
Sold Car, bought bike and our oil btw; is from Russia; terrible state selling weapons to Iran and A-rabs but atlest yet not muslim. ::) I read about new steam engines using carbon and other non petrolic fuels; which can be used to drive not only ships and trains but cars also; the chief problem are not gas consuming  combustion engines from cars but all those diesels using oil.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2007, 09:04:47 AM »
I save gas and fuel wheresoever I can. I use my van only for business and try to drive only the beeline.

In my house I heat, since a year, only the office and my sleeping room. Now I am waiting for the big cheque from my electric and gas utility. I am shure they have to pay me a greater ammount of money back :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2007, 10:45:31 AM »
I try to keep consumption to the lowest level I can. I have a good motivator it cost money to be wasteful. I keep the heat down in the house to about 62 degrees it sounds cold but on a cold winter day is actually very comfortable. I also kept the heat off this year until about the start of this month. A few nights it got down to about 55 and to be honest it was not worth proving a point to save a few gallons of oil only get sick in the process. I cut my electrical use greatly by turning off the juice when not in use and using the new compact florescent bulbs. I have them almost everywhere in my home and they are excellent. They take a bit of getting use to because they tend to need a few seconds to warm up to gain full brightness but once they are going they are better and brighter then a normal bulb. Driving for me is a problem. I am forced to use my car to get to work each day. The  round trip total is about 700 miles for the week which takes about 24 gallons of gas. I can tell you eighty bucks a week for fuel keeps a person motivated in trying to use less. Being a bit older then most folks here I started to drive in a time that had nice big full size cars not the little buzz bombs we have today. When I bought my mid size Ford recently I thought I was buying a car that was good on gas (30mpg) sadly at todays prices that is no longer that great. My compromise to this is that I no longer use the car for the so called ride in the country on my days off. I now only use the car when absolutely necessary. I have a nice old pickup truck that I use less and less because the price of gas has made using it a real expense. For the most part unless folks have a lot of money I really think they try to conserve if for nothing more than the fact that it cost a great deal to be wasteful. The real solution here is for our government to develop domestic sources of oil and find ways to make power from burning things other than oil. They need to explore the potential of clean coal, oil shale, burning garbage, biomass, atomic whatever is practical and abundant domestically. To expect people here in America to go around on bicycles or to go back to a 18 century way of living is not practical and should not be necessary with todays science.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2007, 12:04:38 PM »
I try to stay away from the gas stations that import oil from the Middle East like Exxon, Mobil, Amoco, BP, Hess. I try to go to Sunoco as much as possible since they don't import from the middle east.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2007, 12:11:13 PM »
only mid east oil and citco
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2007, 01:33:01 PM »
I do - I don't drive!

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2007, 02:03:14 PM »
it is hard when you drive semi-truck.it is out of my hands,but for cars i avoiding citko becose it is coming from venecuela
The truth,justice and Serbian way

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2007, 06:33:40 PM »
I cut back a lot, instead of driving my 8 cylinder Expedition I drive my 8 cylinder Explorer, I find it saves a little gas, you guys even encouraged me to turn my heat down from 70 to 69.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 08:46:20 PM by Johnson Brown »