Author Topic: Bad news from YouTube's policies  (Read 1272 times)

Offline WestCoastJTF

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Senior JTFer
Bad news from YouTube's policies
« on: November 20, 2007, 09:10:33 PM »
I just looked through YouTube's terms of service.  The main part we might be interested in is a link to their "Community Guidelines": http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines

Notice this:

If you have an account terminated you are prohibited from ever signing up for another account!

Uh-oh! I wonder if now they will terminate all of Chaim's accounts as they created due to this rule, since his videos are clearly the same guy.

I am seriously bummed out about the YouTube situation.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Bad news from YouTube's policies
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 09:32:17 PM »
                                                                                                                        בס''ד

As far as I know, youtube has never enforced this rule. Everyone on youtube is identified by email address. And youtube is not enforcing this rule against us. Our latest Croat and Albanian videos are still on despite many flaggings and complaints from Croat Nazis and Albanian Nazis.

Offline WestCoastJTF

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Senior JTFer
Re: Bad news from YouTube's policies
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 12:33:15 AM »
You can just sign up with another E-mail.

That's how you sign up again to anywhere you are banned from.

All the accounts I've given Chaim have unique email addresses as well.

Here is what I do:

1. Login into my Gmail (google mail) account and send myself a bunch of invites (to open new Gmail accounts).  Logout of Gmail.  Logout of Youtube if logged in.
2. Go to Youtube and Gmail (google mail) in separate windows
3. Think up a name.  Make sure it's available in both YouTube and Gmail (to make things simple)
4. Sign up in Gmail with that name. 
5. Sign up in Youtube with the same name giving the Gmail address as my email address.  Use the same password as for Gmail.
6. In the Gmail window, click on the Youtube link to confirm the email address
7. Sign out of both Gmail and YouTube
8. Lather, rinse, repeat
9. Send Chaim the list of addresses.

The same could be done with Yahoomail or Hotmail, I presume.

Gmail seems to limit you to 9 or 10 in a time period, based on your IP or cookies or something.  But overall it's easy.  The process is not complicated...I do it while watching the news (or listening to AskJTF! :-)