Author Topic: Christian seeks to bring blasphemy case vs BBC  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Christian seeks to bring blasphemy case vs BBC
« on: November 21, 2007, 08:43:46 PM »
Christian seeks to bring blasphemy case vs BBC
There is no doubt whatsoever that he is right about the double standard.
http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/
By Mike Collett-White for Reuters (thanks to Morgaan Sinclair):

LONDON (Reuters) - A Christian activist sought on Tuesday to use blasphemy laws to prosecute a top BBC executive over the broadcaster's decision to screen "Jerry Springer-The Opera," a musical many Christians found offensive.
[...]

Gledhill argued that "Jerry Springer - The Opera" would never have been staged or aired in Britain had it been a satire about Islam, not Christianity.

"No theatre would have produced it. Neither would the BBC have broadcast it," he said.

Several leading artists have complained that overreaction by minority groups in Britain have encouraged self-censorship in the arts.

"Overreaction" is good. That's all it is, folks. Overreaction. Someone might just overreact a little, and slit your throat:

Grayson Perry, a cross-dressing potter who has won the prestigious Turner Prize, said in remarks reported this week that he consciously avoided tackling the topic of radical Islam in his art because of what he saw as a threat of reprisals.
"I've censored myself," the Times quoted him as saying. "The reason I haven't gone all out attacking Islamism in my art is because I feel real fear that someone will slit my throat."
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.