Author Topic: Romas  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Serbian Cetnik (šumadinac)

• Pro JTFer
    • Military Photos and Forum
Romas
« on: November 23, 2007, 10:33:10 AM »
Could everybody in this forum please call the gypsies Roma instead of gypsies. Out of respect. Of course you don't have to, just a request.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: Romas
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 10:37:11 AM »
I haven't heard them referred to as "gypsies" except when the Nazi Allen-T pretended to come on the forum as a Czech man and called them gypsies.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Electra

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 10:45:04 AM »
People usually refer to them as gypsies as an insult. Those nazi psychos use word 'gypsy' as a general insult for anyone they can.

In Serbia there is a large Roma populations.

But I absolutely agree with Serbian Chetnik. In some Parts of Serbia people don't throw food away in the bins, but rather give them or put them into containers on the side for those who are homeless or really poor. Many of those are Roma.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 10:46:52 AM by Electra »
~Ne mogu nam nauditi, ni gromovi ni oluje, navik'o je Srpski narod da slobodu krvlju kuje~

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 10:58:12 AM »
Gypsy is not a derogatory word. It just means Egyptian, and many people believed the Roma were Egyptians. In fact they arrived in Europe from Egypt, and some of them also believed to have Egyptian origin. But they preffer to be called Roma and it's better to respect their wish. Now everyone agrees they came from India.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 12:17:12 PM »
Where do average Serbs stand on Roma? I understand many of them are quasi-Muslims, but yet that they are often persecuted by the real Muslims (i.e. Albanians and Bosnians). Also, Chaim has said that some of them allied themselves with the Germans in WWII, and some didn't.

newman

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 12:38:06 PM »
I've always been fond of gypsies....................ever since the girl fight in From Russia With Love.