Author Topic: To the people converting ..........  (Read 5069 times)

Kiwi

To the people converting ..........
« on: November 24, 2007, 08:10:12 PM »
You may or may not wish to answer. I have noticed there are many non Jews, and conversions on this forum.

I was wondering it always interests me why change your believe system, why do you wish to be a Jew?

How do you know what you are doing is 100% right?

Kiwi

Re: To the people converting ..........
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 08:31:19 PM »
Well here is my story that I posted on a Noahide website several years back:

http://www.rainbowcovenant.org/pages/Daniel%20S.htm

Thank you

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 08:31:56 PM »
You may or may not wish to answer. I have noticed there are many non Jews, and conversions on this forum.

I was wondering it always interests me why change your believe system, why do you wish to be a Jew?

How do you know what you are doing is 100% right?

Infidel, I think you are wrong about the fact that a Goy who converts to Judaism changes his belief system. If you are a Noachide, then you don't change your beliefs by becoming a Jew. You change your mission in the world. And someones who is considering a sincere conversion has already become Noachide and accepted Torah.
Someone who has another belief instead of Torah could never consider converting, since the meaning of Guiur is from the Torah. The very same fact that a person believes conversion exists and a Neshama can be acquiered proves that he has rejected any other beliefs he may have hold in the past.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 08:33:49 PM by Raulmarrio2000 »

Kiwi

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 08:38:27 PM »
Raul my interest is either wrong or right. its something that always I thought about why people do things.

I have never made such a choice. I am what I am.

I can't see how you can't change your believe system. Becoming a Jew means you leave your old system behind.

You can't be muslim and Jew, or christain and Jew. You are just Jew.

If you believe in other religions then how can you be true to G-d?

Or even why bother?

Offline Electra

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 08:46:34 PM »
Infidel. This is an interesting topic.

On Friday I was having a discussion at my job (now former job), where I jokingly mentioned that I will convert to Judaism over the weekend, and on Monday when I get there I will be Jewish.
To that I was told I shouldn't do that, or 'they' would have to 'kill me''.

~Ne mogu nam nauditi, ni gromovi ni oluje, navik'o je Srpski narod da slobodu krvlju kuje~

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 08:48:11 PM »
You cannot be Muslim or Christian and Jewish at the same time, except for those who were born Jewish and left Judaism. Of course if you convert to Judaism you must abandon your former religion! But even if you don't convert, but just believe conversion exists, you cannot be a Christian or Muslim, or anyother religion. Beliving that there is the possibility of conversion, you already reject anyother religion, for it implies believing that a Kosher conversion gives the convert a Neshama.
I am what I am, a Goy...But the very fact that I have decided not to convert and that I am a goy, means to reject other religions.

Offline Electra

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 08:51:43 PM »
You cannot be Muslim or Christian and Jewish at the same time, except for those who were born Jewish and left Judaism. Of course if you convert to Judaism you must abandon your former religion! But even if you don't convert, but just believe conversion exists, you cannot be a Christian or Muslim, or anyother religion. Beliving that there is the possibility of conversion, you already reject anyother religion, for it implies believing that a Kosher conversion gives the convert a Neshama.
I am what I am, a Goy...But the very fact that I have decided not to convert and that I am a goy, means to reject other religions.

I am happy for you. Really.

~Ne mogu nam nauditi, ni gromovi ni oluje, navik'o je Srpski narod da slobodu krvlju kuje~

Kiwi

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 09:03:51 PM »
Raul my interest is either wrong or right. its something that always I thought about why people do things.

I have never made such a choice. I am what I am.

I can't see how you can't change your believe system. Becoming a Jew means you leave your old system behind.

You can't be Muslim and Jew, or Christan and Jew. You are just Jew.

If you believe in other religions then how can you be true to G-d?

Or even why bother?

He means that you have to leave your old belief system behind before becoming a Jew and that you must do this before even being eligible to convert and you can do so without having the intention to convert because Judaism has The Noahide Laws for Righteous Gentiles. They don't have to become Jews.

See that I find hard to understand, why stop at just being Noahide, why not continue the path to being a Jew?

I was thinking its a huge step to make in the first place.

Kiwi

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 09:06:07 PM »

On Friday I was having a discussion at my job (now former job), where I jokingly mentioned that I will convert to Judaism over the weekend, and on Monday when I get there I will be Jewish.

Geez hard workplace  :-\

Kiwi

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 09:08:33 PM »

What made you stop? Was there something that you didn't like?

Kiwi

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »

See that I find hard to understand, why stop at just being Noahide, why not continue the path to being a Jew?

I was thinking its a huge step to make in the first place.

You're right, it IS a huge step.
My story is long and I hate sounding like a broken record.

In my humble opinion, not many Gentiles would ever want to convert. They look at Judaism and see so many limitations and rules etc. That they will never have the desire or have the Jewish spark. And that's a good thing because they don't have to anyways. There are other Gentiles who can no longer bear not being Jewish any longer and need to convert no matter what. Very few people of course. They, like I do not see limitations but freedom within our new path.

Thanks Mills, its nice that you see what is beyond the written word and what really is there long your journey. How long do you have left before your conversion is complete?

Offline Electra

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007, 09:44:59 PM »

I got a new job I deserve. I should have said I am going because of discrimination, but I am not petty as they.
 And it is Muslim dominated, therefore anti-Israel. I like pushing Muslims buttons.

Kiwi

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2007, 10:25:37 PM »

I got a new job I deserve. I should have said I am going because of discrimination, but I am not petty as they.
 And it is Muslim dominated, therefore anti-Israel. I like pushing Muslims buttons.

Well that crappy in a way. But pushing mullah well that is really fun O0
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 04:04:51 AM by The Infidel. »

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2007, 10:34:36 PM »

Kill you?!?!?!?!?!

What?!?!?!?!?!?!
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana