Author Topic: What are your thoughts on "glossolalia" or speaking in tongues?  (Read 1857 times)

Offline Groucho Marxist

• Junior JTFer
What are your thoughts on "glossolalia" or speaking in tongues?
« on: December 02, 2007, 10:47:29 PM »
I find it rather crude.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: What are your thoughts on "glossolalia" or speaking in tongues?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 11:26:04 PM »
I think some people really can do it. Others, like the "evangelist" Benny Hinn, are just charlatans.

newman

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 08:22:00 PM »
Mass hysteria, nothing more.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 10:22:28 PM »
It is Satanism.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

newman

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 10:59:03 PM »
It's where pentacostal christians get whooped up by a preacher, become delusional, and start some unintelligable babble and then claim it's the 'holy' spirit. A bit like demonic possession except possession by the 'good guys'.

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 11:00:25 PM »
What is speaking in tongues? A tongue is simply a language.

I get all my knowledge from THE SIMPSONS, flanders' kids spoke it and it was strange, its like rubbish
KAHANE TZADAK!

newman

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 11:13:56 PM »
It's where pentacostal christians get whooped up by a preacher, become delusional, and start some unintelligable babble and then claim it's the 'holy' spirit. A bit like demonic possession except possession by the 'good guys'.
Oh yeah, I've seen things like that on TV. Psychology can explain that kind of behavior. The human mind is so powerful that it will make people experience things like that.

True. Same with demonic possession.

If somebody is made to believe (by the power of suggestion and their own willingness to believe) that they're possessed by the devil, they'll really think they are and start talking in a funny voice and saying your mother's in hell doing rude things.

newman

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 11:20:56 PM »

If somebody is made to believe (by the power of suggestion and their own willingness to believe) that they're possessed by the devil, they'll really think they are and start talking in a funny voice and saying your mother's in hell doing rude things.

:::D True!

Possession?....Rubbish! Demonic possessions only happen to those who believe in it. I don't believe in demons trying to get inside of people, yet only those who DO, and live in a subconscious fear from it, ever experience "demonic possesion"
It's funny to also see mooslims suffering from "jinn possession" take a look:

MuSSlims ARE possessed by an evil demonic force. It's called iSSlam.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 12:08:00 AM »

:::D True!

Possession?....Rubbish! Demonic possessions only happen to those who believe in it. I don't believe in demons trying to get inside of people, yet only those who DO, and live in a subconscious fear from it, ever experience "demonic possesion"
It's funny to also see mooslims suffering from "jinn possession" take a look:

MuSSlims ARE possessed by an evil demonic force. It's called iSSlam.
What is that wailing they do...if not speaking in tongues?
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.