Author Topic: Was mohammed ever mentioned in the talmud  (Read 1665 times)

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
Was mohammed ever mentioned in the talmud
« on: December 13, 2007, 10:37:10 AM »
We all know yeshua was mentioned, was mohammed, since he was in the 6th century, surely if he existed as a prophet the rightous rabbis would have commented on him, since they commented on yeshua...

If not, then muslims literall have no secualr information on there peado prophet, which you would expect the most since documents etc were easier to keep by then etc.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Was mohammed ever mentioned in the talmud
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 10:37:57 AM »
No the Talmud was written before mohamad
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 10:39:04 AM »
I don't mean to start a whole argument here but 'yeshua' was mentioned not in the context of one man but in the context of Christianity as a whole.

The Muslims have the Hadith, which recorded all of Muhammad's wonderful rants.

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 10:41:40 AM »

i know that mate, but when did the talmud date up until??? if it dated up to the 6th century and debating judaism etc, the surely the evil mohammed would have been mentioned, since according to islamic history mohammed was beheading jews left right and center....

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 10:42:57 AM »

i know that mate, but when did the talmud date up until??? if it dated up to the 6th century and debating judaism etc, the surely the evil mohammed would have been mentioned, since according to islamic history mohammed was beheading jews left right and center....

Talmud became closed around 500 and the Gemara closed around 700.

ftf

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 12:44:13 PM »
I don't think we need to argue about whether Mo existed, it's irrelevant, what is relevant is what his religion teaches.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 01:05:41 PM »
I don't think we need to argue about whether Mo existed, it's irrelevant, what is relevant is what his religion teaches.

Yes, it's all irrelevant right know muSSlims are inspired  to commit terror and blow people up how wonderful. :) >:(

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 01:11:32 PM »
the Talmud- no, but the Rambam did in his letter to the Jews of Yemen (who were being persecuted and trying to get forced to convert to islam) - he refers to Mo as "the lunatic".
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 01:35:47 PM »
the Talmud- no, but the Rambam did in his letter to the Jews of Yemen (who were being persecuted and trying to get forced to convert to islam) - he refers to Mo as "the lunatic".

Mo is "the lunatic" no doubt. :D