Author Topic: muslim students take over meditation room at PUBLICLY funded college  (Read 4238 times)

kellymaureen

http://www.startribune.com/featuredColumns/12551256.html

Last week, I visited a Muslim place of worship. A schedule for Islam's five daily prayers was posted at the entrance, near a sign requesting that shoes be removed. Inside, a barrier divided men's and women's prayer space, an arrow informed worshippers of the direction of Mecca, and literature urged women to cover their faces.

Sound like a mosque?

The place I'm describing is the "meditation room" at Normandale Community College, a 9,200-student public institution in Bloomington.

Until recently, the room was the school's only usable racquetball court. College administrators converted the court into a meditation room when construction forced closure of the previous meditation room.

A row of chest-high barriers splits the room into sex-segregated sections. In the smaller, enclosed area for women sits a pile of shawls and head-coverings. Literature titled "Hijaab [covering] and Modesty" was prominently placed there, instructing women on proper Islamic behavior.

They should cover their faces and stay at home, it said, and their speech should not "be such that it is heard."

"Enter into Islaam completely and accept all the rulings of Islaam," the tract read in part. "It should not be that you accept what entertains your desires and leave what opposes your desires; this is from the manners of the Jews."

"[T]he Jews and the Christians" are described as "the enemies of Allaah's religion." The document adds: "Remember that you will never succeed while you follow these people."

A poster on the room's door advertised a local lecture on "marriage from an Islamic perspective," with "useful tips for marital harmony from the Prophet's ... life." Other fliers invited students to join the Normandale Islamic Forum, or participate in Ramadan celebrations.

One thing was missing from the meditation room: evidence of any faith but Islam. No Bible, no crucifix, no Torah.

Normandale's administration is facilitating the room's Islamization. The college's building crew erected the barrier separating men's and women's sections, according to Ralph Anderson, dean of student affairs. College officials also posted signs at the room's entrance asking students to remove shoes -- a Muslim custom before prayers. This was "basically a courtesy to Muslim students," Anderson said.

Despite the room's Islamic atmosphere, Anderson says it "is open to everyone."

Why is the meditation room segregated by sex? "Muslim students prefer that areas be divided into male and female," he said. "Other students don't care."

Doesn't sex-segregation present a constitutional problem in a public educational institution? "I don't want to comment on that," he said.

And the literature regarding Jews and Christians? "I would probably take it out if I knew it was in there," said Anderson.

Normandale's zealous effort to accommodate Muslim students is not new. Chad Lunaas, a former student who works at the college part time, cites examples.

Last year on Fridays, he says, he often entered the bathroom to find that "every sink and toilet stall had someone washing his feet." Other students couldn't use the bathroom at these times, and those who tried felt awkward.

Lunaas finally expressed his concerns to a Muslim student who "seemed to be in charge."

"His attitude was, 'We don't have to listen to you, we can do whatever we want,' " he said.

Confrontations also erupted in the sex-segregated meditation room, according to Lunaas. "Muslim students just took it over. They made people who were not of the Muslim religion feel very uncomfortable, especially if they were female."

One female student tried to use the room when Muslim students were in it, said Lunaas. "She believed she should be treated equally. They were telling her to leave, to take off her shoes, to go to the other side of the divider."

Anderson says he met several times with concerned students. But "the whole thing was just basically swept aside," according to Lunaas.

Anderson said that in the incident involving the young woman, "both sides were probably out of line."

Howard Odor, who advises the college's Somali Student Association, said he has not been aware of "any issues" since the meditation room has been in the racquetball court. "I can guarantee that college policy is that anyone who wants to go in there and pray or meditate can do so."

But many at the college see a bigger issue.

"For all practical purposes, this meditation room is essentially a Muslim prayer room," said Chuck Chalberg of Normandale's history faculty. "Something this unprecedented goes beyond religious toleration."

This is a publicly funded college, they have turned a meditation room into a mosque, and have literature displayed that says "[T]he Jews and the Christians" are described as "the enemies of Allaah's religion." The document adds: "Remember that you will never succeed while you follow these people." WHAT??? imagine trying to display that literature in a college or anywhere else except with it saying muslims instead of Christians and Jews.
I also had to just LOVE this drivel.....Literature titled "Hijaab [covering] and Modesty" was prominently placed there, instructing women on proper Islamic behavior.

They should cover their faces and stay at home, it said, and their speech should not "be such that it is heard."
  if muslim women should stay at home, be not seen and not heard...why the hell are they taking up space in colleges?
Finally this from the article..... Last year on Fridays, he says, he often entered the bathroom to find that "every sink and toilet stall had someone washing his feet." Other students couldn't use the bathroom at these times, and those who tried felt awkward.

Washing their feet in toilets.... :::D

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Re: muslim students take over meditation room at PUBLICLY funded college
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 01:41:06 PM »
Other students should organise a demonstration.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 02:14:17 PM »
YOU KNOW I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT THE ONLY WAY OFFICIALS IN GOVT AND IN UNIVERSITYS WILL LISTEN TO NON MOSLEMS ,IS WHEN NON MOSLEMS RIOT ON UNIVERSITYS AND ACT OUT AT GOVT FACILITIES.LOL AND I WORK FOR THE GOVT :-X :-\
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

ftf

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 02:23:19 PM »
This is flaming ridiculous.

Offline igo

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 02:52:44 PM »

What Universities all across America fail to understand is that the Judeo-Christian values that gave birth to their Western Civilization are under attack externally by Islam and internally by secularism. Oddly, both the left and the Islamofascists function as two blades on a set of scissors, they are independent yet working together to shred the fabric of Western culture. So the longer these stupid, ignorant, left wing radicals, do everything they can to rid America of it's Judeo-Christian heritage, the faster it will fall. They fail to realize the reason America (was) great was because God was protecting them all along.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

So to all you proud, unthankful, blaspheming, left-wing loonies, keep inviting into your lives all these false demonic religions and ignoring God, but you'll be sorry.

VIDEO: The Day They Kicked God out of the Schools

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 02:54:27 PM »
YOU KNOW I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT THE ONLY WAY OFFICIALS IN GOVT AND IN UNIVERSITYS WILL LISTEN TO NON MOSLEMS ,IS WHEN NON MOSLEMS RIOT ON UNIVERSITYS AND ACT OUT AT GOVT FACILITIES.LOL AND I WORK FOR THE GOVT :-X :-\

Indeed. A violent reaction is necessary. That is the only language these people understand.

Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 03:00:51 PM »
One good violent reaction from we infidels and the Govts ears will perk up believe me.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 06:52:03 PM »
In Belgium the Catholic Universty of Leuven , founded in 1425, and the oldest still existing university in the world,
opened a multi-faith room on its campus...

kellymaureen

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 07:56:33 AM »
In Belgium the Catholic Universty of Leuven , founded in 1425, and the oldest still existing university in the world,

"multi-faith" mmhmmmm and we all know what they mean by that ::)
Why the charade, just call the room a mosque, post a sign that says 'positively no filthy infidels' and be done with it.

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 10:10:20 PM »

Why the charade, just call the room a mosque, post a sign that says 'positively no filthy infidels' and be done with it.
;D
The truth,justice and Serbian way

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 01:58:19 AM »

;D

:::D

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 06:48:34 PM »
The school doesn't want to be called "racist".  That's way they let the muslims do anything.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 07:59:38 PM »
god help us...
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 02:04:40 AM »
It's the Christians' own fault.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 06:16:46 AM »
true, how many more mistakes we will make ::) ::) ??? :o >:(
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline DigitalPhoto

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 06:23:12 AM »
I am so SICK of islam.  Why do islam get special considerations and not the Jewish or Christian people?  America is real bad for this!!!!!!!! >:(

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 06:24:33 AM »
I am so SICK of islam.  Why do islam get special considerations and not the Jewish or Christian people?  America is real bad for this!!!!!!!! >:(

Hey Digital Photo! Welcome on the forum!

Offline DigitalPhoto

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 06:28:43 AM »

As much as I hate to admit this; its true.  We sit in our closets with our arms crossed repeating to ourselves it is going to happen no matter what we do.  I hope I am not sounding like I am ragging on them, because I have been guilty of this when I was either to ignorant of a course of action or, forgive me, too afraid to stand up.

I am ridding myself of ignorance one book, video, and teaching at a time, and I am learning that I can do all things through a powerful and great God who is watching and protecting, (still stumble from time to time).

Digital Photo

Offline DigitalPhoto

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 06:29:23 AM »

Hey Digital Photo! Welcome on the forum!

Thank you very much

Digital Photo

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008, 12:31:03 AM »

As much as I hate to admit this; its true.  We sit in our closets with our arms crossed repeating to ourselves it is going to happen no matter what we do.  I hope I am not sounding like I am ragging on them, because I have been guilty of this when I was either to ignorant of a course of action or, forgive me, too afraid to stand up.

I am ridding myself of ignorance one book, video, and teaching at a time, and I am learning that I can do all things through a powerful and great G-d who is watching and protecting, (still stumble from time to time).

Digital Photo
Let's join our forces...fight evil, kosovo is serbia, kosovo is a soul of the serbian people...