Author Topic: Age gaps when dating, when is it creepy?  (Read 41970 times)

Kiwi

Age gaps when dating, when is it creepy?
« on: December 20, 2007, 01:44:23 AM »
People date different kinds of people and different ages, why then people find age gaps acceptable or creepy.

Is a gap of up to 5 years good? 10 years? 20 years? 30 years?

Is it more acceptable for a woman to be younger than the man?

When is it acceptable to date?

10 years old? 13 years old? 16 years old? 18 years old?

Is it acceptable of an adult to date a child,  say a 18 year old dates a 16 year old?

This is brought to light over two issues, one  a friend of mine, 1 year younger than me is dating a 70 year old  :-\

And I just had a round with a 37 year old man, threatening a 16 year old girl because she rejected him.

Sooo people dating, age does it matter?

Kiwi

Re: Age gaps when dating, when is it creepy?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 03:26:38 AM »
I am semi in agreement with you millls. But I don't believe in underage dating at all. I every much against the TV showing how cool it is to have a 10 year old boy friend or girl friend.

That to me is solely in the realms of adults.

Having a childhood I think is most important. After all sex does it old very quick, and you need more than that for a relationship.

I have always dated older men, bar one time. He was 9 years younger.

I think the older you get, age doesn't matter to me so much example a 30year old and 45 year old ok, but a 18 year old and 30 old .....no sorry.  :-\

newman

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 05:00:14 AM »
I'm 40 but I'd be happy to date a nice young girl of 17 with pigtails. :D

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 06:26:00 AM »
in my opinion more than 15 years.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 07:19:16 AM »
"I'm 40 but I'd be happy to date a nice young girl of 17 with pigtails."

Newman is well on the way to becoming the next Pisslamic prophet !  ;D

Age differences don't matter to mooooozie men:

Irony: UNICEF's Picture of the Year Says a Lot About UNICEF
By Debbie Schlussel

If this doesn't tell you everything about the United Nations and its sub-agency UNICEF, nothing will. Sent by reader Ari, this is the scoop of Brian C. Ledbetter of Snapped Shot. (Ari saw it on the excellent blog, Dissecting Leftism).

This is the photo UNICEF chose as its 2007 Photo of the Year. Read the caption that appeared with it, below, on the AP wire:

U.S. freelance photographer Stephanie Sinclair poses with her winning photo of the 'UNICEF Photo of the Year 2007' competition in Berlin, Germany, on Monday, Dec. 17, 2007. The photograph shot by U.S. freelance photographer Stephanie Sinclair shows a wedding couple in Afghanistan who could not be more opposite. The groom, Mohammed, looks much older than his 40 years. The bride, Ghulam, is still a child; she just turned 11. Stephanie Sinclair works as a freelance photographer based in Beirut, Lebanon. (AP Photo/Markus Schreiber)
Brian of Snapped Shot writes:

Recall that the agency has tasked itself with--and is held responsible for--the well-being of children around the world. [This is] how UNICEF decides to illustrate this calling.
What better way to care for the well-being of children than by celebrating the forced marriage of an 11-year-old girl to a man over 30 years her senior, right?

Good thing the United Untied Nations still has its priorities in order.

As Ari writes,

Eeuuww! Eeuuww! Eeuuww!
Couldn't have said it better, myself.

This is how the U.N. "protects" children. And this is also Islam.

"Honey, after I finish changing your diaper, I'd like you to clean the mudhut and cook me a meal."

kellymaureen

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 07:33:20 AM »
Anyone over 18 takes a HUGE risk dating anyone under 18, state laws vary but an 18 yr old male could find himself being labled a "child molestor" for dating a 16 yr old should the matter go to court and he be charged.

35 and 17...what would a 35yr old and a 17 yr old have in common? 

If both are adults, then I say its up to them, when I got married I was 23 and he was 39, I had no problem with that neither did he.  I do think its more acceptable  for the man to be older rather than the woman being older, Ive never dated anyone younger than me, I might someday, but not significantly younger, I would say a year or two would be my limit.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 01:10:42 PM »
When i was 13 i 'dated' a 20 yr old for 100$ :-\ ;D ;D my friends paid :-X
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 01:30:16 PM »
People date different kinds of people and different ages, why then people find age gaps acceptable or creepy.

Is it acceptable of an adult to date a child,  say a 18 year old dates a 16 year old?

This is brought to light over two issues, one  a friend of mine, 1 year younger than me is dating a 70 year old  :-\

And I just had a round with a 37 year old man, threatening a 16 year old girl because she rejected him.

I don't see any problem with a 18 year old dating a 16 year old. My girlfriend was 17 when I was 18. Most girls i've met seem pretty immature in their 20's though.

Then again I'm 22, so maybe that's why I think that way.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 01:31:56 PM by Cohen »

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 01:36:16 PM »

I don't see any problem with a 18 year old dating a 16 year old. My girlfriend was 17 when I was 18. Most girls i've met seem pretty immature in their 20's though.

I think it's best if they are in the same age group by not being underage that is, so 18 and 18, or 18 and 21 is fine. 5 or 10 years older difference in older folks is a good age limit, I've heard men which are 70, get 30 or even 40 year old women, which has a giant age gap which isn't compatible imo.  :o

kellymaureen

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 01:51:17 PM »

I think it's best if they are in the same age group by not being underage that is, so 18 and 18, or 18 and 21 is fine. 5 or 10 years older difference in older folks is a good age limit, I've heard men which are 70, get 30 or even 40 year old women, which has a giant age gap which isn't compatible imo.  :o

Lol they are usually very rich old men:p

There was a story a while back about an 18 yr old who was charged by the girls parents with statutory rape and I think it was sexual contact with a minor, even though the girl went to court and said it was consensual, the court said legally she could not consent  (she was 16 I believe) so the poor guy is now a "sex offender" and has to follow all the rules that child molestors do, staying away from schools, places where children gather, etc...I would imagine getting a job wont be easy, that pretty much ruined his life.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 03:07:15 PM »
I guess 16/17 is ok to start dating.. as long as there's no sex. As far as age gap.. my ex was one year older than me. I wouldn't date older than that I don't think. I wouldn't date a girl much younger than me.. girls my age aren't even mature.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 03:16:55 PM »
I don't see a problem with a man dating a girl 20 years younger than himself.  It depends on the culture.  In American culture, the limit is like 5 years.  I wouldn't go for more than 10 years.  But the girl must be the younger one according to me.   I wouldn't date a girl over 1 year older than myself.  :::D
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Kiwi

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 06:14:01 PM »
When i was 13 i 'dated' a 20 yr old for 100$ :-\ ;D ;D my friends paid :-X

Hahaha you were pimped out  :::D

Kiwi

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 06:17:14 PM »

I am semi in agreement with you millls. But I don't believe in underage dating at all. I every much against the TV showing how cool it is to have a 10 year old boy friend or girl friend.

I never agreed that 10 year olds should date. I only said that the older teens can date each other like 16,17 year olds. But even then, I am in disagreement. The only reason I'm ok with it is because the majority of people would be against a "no teen" dating rule-most do it anyways and most parents allow it. I had a boyfriend in High School. I was 16 and then 17, since we were strict there was no inappropriateness nor immorality. All we did was talk, go to the mall and watching movies. I also know that some religious people do the chaperon thing and double-dating with other religious teens so an not to let things get immoral. I have no problem with this no-immorality teen dating.

I agree with you, 10 year old, 12,13 etc..should NOT be dating.

Not what I meant Mills. you agree with dating from 16 I don't that is the intention of that statement.

I hate seeing kids trying the dating business.

Offline igo

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 07:05:54 PM »

The Infidel wrote, "This is brought to light over two issues, one a friend of mine, 1 year younger than me is dating a 70 year old."

Just curious. How old is your friend and what is your opinion on why she is dating a 70 year old man?

Kiwi

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 07:38:49 PM »

The Infidel wrote, "This is brought to light over two issues, one a friend of mine, 1 year younger than me is dating a 70 year old."

Just curious. How old is your friend and what is your opinion on why she is dating a 70 year old man?

She is 32, she has a child now to him, she thinks no one will have her. She is beautiful inside and out.

Offline igo

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 08:16:44 PM »

The Infidel kindly wrote, "She is 32, she has a child now to him, she thinks no one will have her. She is beautiful inside and out."

That is so sad she feels nobody wants her, I hope she finds happiness. Thanks for sharing.

Kiwi

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 08:21:18 PM »

The Infidel kindly wrote, "She is 32, she has a child now to him, she thinks no one will have her. She is beautiful inside and out."

That is so sad she feels nobody wants her, I hope she finds happiness. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks apacallyps I hope she does too, in the meant time she knows my house is her house.  :)

Offline igo

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 08:43:05 PM »

The infidel wrote, "Thanks apacallyps I hope she does too, in the meant time she knows my house is her house." :)

Aww, that's so sweet. She has such a nice friend in you. May the Lord bless you abundantly.

Offline shemtov

• New JTFer
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 10:51:00 PM »
My GF is 15 years younger than I am.

If global warming is real, then why do I still need a blech on Shabbos?

Offline igo

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 11:10:30 PM »

Shemtov wrote with smile, "My GF is 15 years younger than I am."

Well, done.

Does she have any single, God-fearing, girlfriends?  8;)

Just kidding.  ;D

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2007, 07:14:04 AM »
in my opinion more than 15 years.

It depends on what the ages are.  For example, the gap should be much lower than that if one of them is young. 

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2007, 07:25:56 AM »

I never agreed that 10 year olds should date. I only said that the older teens can date each other like 16,17 year olds. But even then, I am in disagreement. The only reason I'm ok with it is because the majority of people would be against a "no teen" dating rule-most do it anyways and most parents allow it. I had a boyfriend in High School. I was 16 and then 17, since we were strict there was no inappropriateness nor immorality. All we did was talk, go to the mall and watching movies. I also know that some religious people do the chaperon thing and double-dating with other religious teens so an not to let things get immoral. I have no problem with this no-immorality teen dating.

I agree with you, 10 year old, 12,13 etc..should NOT be dating.

Not what I meant Mills. you agree with dating from 16 I don't that is the intention of that statement.

I hate seeing kids trying the dating business.

How old was the guy who was nine years younger than you?

Kiwi

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2007, 07:31:51 AM »
How old was the guy who was nine years younger than you?

He was 24.

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2007, 07:46:33 AM »
I am quite happy to date anything that breathes and can walk on two legs.
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"