Author Topic: Rudy Giuliani confined to sickbed as polls take turn for worse  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
Rudy Giuliani confined to sickbed as polls take turn for worse
« on: December 22, 2007, 09:02:04 PM »
Rudy Giuliani lost his longtime status as the Republican presidential front-runner yesterday, only hours after being taken to hospital with flu-like symptoms, marking the worst 24 hours of his campaign.

Mr Giuliani turned back his campaign flight from Missouri to New York after becoming unwell on Wednesday evening and spent the night in a hospital in St Louis. He was discharged from hospital yesterday “after doctors found nothing of concern at this time”, a spokeswoman said. Mr Giuliani said that he felt fine.

Candidates fear ill health, or a freak accident, because they can serve as a metaphor for an ailing campaign, or even throw it off track. Richard Nixon injured his knee on a car door during his losing campaign against John F. Kennedy in 1960. It became infected and he had to stop campaigning for two weeks, losing valuable time.

After holding a 13-point lead over his nearest rival last month, The Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey has Mr Giuliani tied with Mitt Romney at 20 per cent, slightly ahead of Mike Huckabee on 17 per cent. John McCain was at 14 per cent. The poll highlights that, with only 14 days until the Iowa caucuses on January 3, no Republican can claim to hold the advantage in a highly unpredictable race.

Mr Giuliani is accelerating his high-risk strategy of devoting his attention to the later contests. He is banking all on a victory in Florida on January 29, which he hopes will propel him on to big wins on “Tsunami Tuesday”, when more than 20 states, including valuable New York, California and Missouri, will hold primaries. This is regarded widely as a gamble because it would mean that he would have to wait nearly a month for his first victory.

He has received more bad news, with another poll showing Mr Huckabee gaining fast in Florida.

-----------------------------------------------

Does this mean he is out or what?

???

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
Re: Rudy Giuliani confined to sickbed as polls take turn for worse
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 09:07:44 PM »

???

It means he will rethink his strategy and come up with a powerful campaign to win the nomination. I think he has what it takes to win. He can beat Romney without a problem.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 09:14:33 PM »

???

It means he will rethink his strategy and come up with a powerful campaign to win the nomination. I think he has what it takes to win. He can beat Romney without a problem.

This is taking long.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 09:44:28 PM »

???

This is taking long.

too long ;)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 09:46:28 PM »
Sometimes you need a break. Let Romney and Huckabee fight each other, then Rudy comes in and fights the winner.

No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 09:57:18 PM »
Sometimes you need a break. Let Romney and Huckabee fight each other, then Rudy comes in and fights the winner.

In movies. :)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 10:01:34 PM »

In movies. :)

Rudy knows what he is doing.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 03:39:22 AM »

Currently, his strategy is awful.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 03:45:22 AM »

They probably would vote for him if it were him against Hillary, so that's why he's focusing on the nomination now and less worried about what the Midwest and South think of him. Stupid when you think about it, but that's politics.

He could have campaigned better in NH during the past couple weeks rather than allow McCain to gain a lot in the polls, where McCain is now predicted to possibly upset Romney there. 

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 03:45:47 AM »
Rudy Giuliani has lost too much ground to make it all back in a short 2 weeks. Iowa and NH are out of reach. South Carolina won't vote for him he support Abortion. Nevada and Michigan are next and he only has a small lead which is getting smaller by the day. And after losing the first 3 states he will loose so much ground because of the lack of momentum. He came into the race as the front runner and failed to pay attention to NH and Iowa the most important in the Primary season. There has never been a candidate that hasn't won 2 out of the first 3 and still gone on the win the nomination
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh