Author Topic: Christian charity funds Muslim state  (Read 834 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: Christian charity funds Muslim state
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 10:37:25 AM »
I was confused by the title of this thread.  Is it really Christian charity?  How many of the decision-makers for the Paris donor countries are actually "Christian"?  Most of the European political and economic elite aren't Christian, and I doubt they would give a hoot about Christian communities in Egypt, Gaza, or anywhere else for that matter. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Christian charity funds Muslim state
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 11:16:11 AM »
I was confused by the title of this thread.  Is it really Christian charity?  How many of the decision-makers for the Paris donor countries are actually "Christian"?  Most of the European political and economic elite aren't Christian, and I doubt they would give a hoot about Christian communities in Egypt, Gaza, or anywhere else for that matter. 

Interesting observation. 

The title of the article said that.  I'm not sure why the author of the article concluded that the political and economic elite are Christian; causing him to believe that they should care about Christians and surprised that they're harming Christians.