Author Topic: Orthodox Jews need not apply at JNF  (Read 1713 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Orthodox Jews need not apply at JNF
« on: December 27, 2007, 03:52:12 PM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/124726 

JNF Rejects Job Applicant Due to Sabbath Observance

by Hana Levi Julian

(IsraelNN.com) The Jewish National Fund (Keren Kayemet L'Israel) rejected a job applicant on the basis of her observance of Jewish law, it was revealed Thursday.

The applicant, known in the case as "Liron" (a pseudonym), was sent by an agency to interview for a job as an assistant to spokeswoman Orit Hadad, but was turned down flat because she would not work on Saturday. "She immediately told me that she was sorry but could not hire me," said the Orthodox Jewess in an interview with Yediot Achronot.

The JNF spokeswoman explained that she had asked the manpower agency from the beginning to send her someone who could work on Shabbat (the Sabbath).

"The JNF spokesperson's office is extremely busy, especially on Saturdays, because we often organize weekend nature trips," she said. "I have another assistant who works only during the week and so I especially need help on the weekends."

The 34-year-old "Liron" said she could not believe "this happened in a government institution that strives to represent the Jewish people."

The JNF spokeswoman, however, seemed unconcerned. "I really don't see what the fuss is about," she commented.

Shas party chairman and Minister of Industry, Trade and Labor Eli Yishai was more than willing to express his view of the fuss. "This is a harsh and shameful occurrence," he declared, "especially since the JNF is an institution that supposedly showcases the Jewish character of the State of Israel.

Yishai, also a Deputy Prime Minister, said he would take steps to put a halt to the practice. "I will not stand by and allow this to happen in a government institution, both from a religious as well as a human rights perspective," he promised. "As soon as a formal complaint is made I will give it my undivided attention."

Hadad defended the practice, claiming that she herself came from a religious background and that "this was not about discrimination." She added that the applicant was not hired for other reasons as well. "[Her] inability to work on Shabbat was only one factor in my decision."

The law does not support Hadad's action – nor does it support the agency's practice of employing Jews to work on Shabbat.

The "Work Hours and Rest Law" requires a special permit for employers to hire Jews to work on Shabbat. The JNF never applied for, nor did it ever receive a permit, according to Yediot Achronot, which reported that "such a permit was never issued for any spokesperson or assistant spokesperson in any Israeli government institution."

« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 04:15:30 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Orthodox Jews need not apply at JNF
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 01:07:32 PM »
Please!

You guys just have to understand.

The job went to the most qualified applicant:

A single Black/Hispanic mother of six, now living in a lesbian relationship, who applied for this job to better "empower her sense of female hegemony, rejecting the paternal oppression of White America, while increasing 'the Diversity' and promoting "Sustainability".

Only sick Jews would employ an honest Jewish woman who observes Shabat.

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
  • islam must be eradicated & all muslims wiped out
    • The American Infidels
Re: Orthodox Jews need not apply at JNF
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 10:41:55 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/124726 

JNF Rejects Job Applicant Due to Sabbath Observance

by Hana Levi Julian

(IsraelNN.com) The Jewish National Fund (Keren Kayemet L'Israel) rejected a job applicant on the basis of her observance of Jewish law, it was revealed Thursday.

The applicant, known in the case as "Liron" (a pseudonym), was sent by an agency to interview for a job as an assistant to spokeswoman Orit Hadad, but was turned down flat because she would not work on Saturday. "She immediately told me that she was sorry but could not hire me," said the Orthodox Jewess in an interview with Yediot Achronot.

The JNF spokeswoman explained that she had asked the manpower agency from the beginning to send her someone who could work on Shabbat (the Sabbath).

"The JNF spokesperson's office is extremely busy, especially on Saturdays, because we often organize weekend nature trips," she said. "I have another assistant who works only during the week and so I especially need help on the weekends."

The 34-year-old "Liron" said she could not believe "this happened in a government institution that strives to represent the Jewish people."

The JNF spokeswoman, however, seemed unconcerned. "I really don't see what the fuss is about," she commented.

Shas party chairman and Minister of Industry, Trade and Labor Eli Yishai was more than willing to express his view of the fuss. "This is a harsh and shameful occurrence," he declared, "especially since the JNF is an institution that supposedly showcases the Jewish character of the State of Israel.

Yishai, also a Deputy Prime Minister, said he would take steps to put a halt to the practice. "I will not stand by and allow this to happen in a government institution, both from a religious as well as a human rights perspective," he promised. "As soon as a formal complaint is made I will give it my undivided attention."

Hadad defended the practice, claiming that she herself came from a religious background and that "this was not about discrimination." She added that the applicant was not hired for other reasons as well. "[Her] inability to work on Shabbat was only one factor in my decision."

The law does not support Hadad's action – nor does it support the agency's practice of employing Jews to work on Shabbat.

The "Work Hours and Rest Law" requires a special permit for employers to hire Jews to work on Shabbat. The JNF never applied for, nor did it ever receive a permit, according to Yediot Achronot, which reported that "such a permit was never issued for any spokesperson or assistant spokesperson in any Israeli government institution."

If Orit Hadad wanted someone who can work on Saturdays, why did 'Liron' apply for the job in the first place? Surely the agency told her what was required of the potential applicants.
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Because the West needs to be won again and the stakes couldn't be higher . . .