Author Topic: What self defence training if any do you have?  (Read 5233 times)

Kiwi

What self defence training if any do you have?
« on: December 30, 2007, 10:23:16 PM »
I have Army combat training, as well as being a Psychiatric Nurse, we are trained in LISD ( Low Impact Self Defence).

What are you trained in? Or wish to do? And recommend?

Joe Schmo

Re: What self defence training if any do you have?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 10:30:29 PM »
Ten years of Grappling (Brazilian Jiu-jitsu/Western wrestling).

Ten years of Bagua Zhang (Chinese internal martial art).

Extensive Boxing/striking training.  I have tremendous targeting skills and can punch harder than men twice my weight (search the forum for 'punching advice').

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I reccomend that all women learn the BJJ technique known as 'the guard'.  Women who are good at this technique become practically rape-proof.

ftf

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 10:36:39 PM »

Extensive Boxing/striking training.  I have tremendous targeting skills and can punch harder than men twice my weight (search the forum for 'punching advice').

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I reccomend that all women learn the BJJ technique known as 'the guard'.  Women who are good at this technique become practically rape-proof.
Wow, you really do sound formidable.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 01:05:15 AM »
Re:  "...Women who are good at this technique become practically rape-proof..."

I know some women who are so ugly that they already are rape-proof!   :-*

I have extensive training in psychotronic warfare as well as advanced micro-wave cannon deployment.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 01:16:15 AM »
psychotronic warfare & advanced micro-wave cannon deployment.
Sounds very dangerous
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 01:24:06 AM »

There's like 50 different moves in BJJ with the word "guard" in them...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Kiwi

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 06:44:00 AM »
Re:  "...Women who are good at this technique become practically rape-proof..."

I know some women who are so ugly that they already are rape-proof!   :-*

I have extensive training in psychotronic warfare as well as advanced micro-wave cannon deployment.

You have nuked grapes haven't you lol

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 09:40:49 AM »
I am fairly new here but I will give it a go.

2nd Dan Dragon Kenpo Karate
Training in American Kenpo Karate ( Ed Parker System)
I have trained with some of the best instructors in the areas of Southern and Northern Kung Fu, Karate  (Japanese & Okinawa). I also have been trained in Weapons both Hand held and shoulder held types from the 50 Cal to the 25 ACP. That is just what I can think of right off the top. More to follow.
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Kiwi

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 07:30:21 PM »

2nd Dan Dragon Kenpo Karate

What does that mean, sorry not into Karate, are we talking Bruce Lee level?

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 12:40:42 AM »
Dragon Kenpo is a outgrowth of American Kenpo Karate. It incorps Mixed Martial Arts with a base in Kenpo. Joint Locks, Throws, Takedowns and floor fighting along with American Kenpo.
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 12:56:16 AM »
Kenpo

Kiwi

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 04:54:25 AM »
Dragon Kenpo is a outgrowth of American Kenpo Karate. It incorps Mixed Martial Arts with a base in Kenpo. Joint Locks, Throws, Takedowns and floor fighting along with American Kenpo.

Oh ok very nice.

I think I half remember a US Marine showing us. And a Private from our side was his partner and we were most interested and the private throat punch the dude. Thats funny Poor Bruce Lee went down quicker than a than a lead balloon  :::D

What can you say but Army is always better  ;)

« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 05:00:51 AM by Skippy »

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 04:27:07 PM »

Oh ok very nice.

I think I half remember a US Marine showing us. And a Private from our side was his partner and we were most interested and the private throat punch the dude. Thats funny Poor Bruce Lee went down quicker than a than a lead balloon  :::D

What can you say but Army is always better  ;)

;) ;D :)

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2008, 05:23:19 PM »
Now you gone and done it. I am a Former Active Duty Marine  8;) Now what is this about Army being better? >:(

Joe Schmo

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2008, 05:31:00 PM »
Now you gone and done it. I am a Former Active Duty Marine  8;) Now what is this about Army being better? >:(

I was going to say the same thing. 

The Marines were always considered the elite branch of the US armed forces.

Kiwi

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 06:14:02 PM »

:::D I just retired from the Army SIR!  :D And we don't have Marines, so when we were stationed close we  just had to check you fellas out.

One thing I can say about you leathernecks, you make great coffee  O0  :P