Author Topic: ~Happy New Year of 2008~  (Read 10106 times)

Kiwi

~Happy New Year of 2008~
« on: December 30, 2007, 11:31:49 PM »
Since we in the south are generally ahead in many things including time zones  :P

Its 330pm on the 31st of Dec, and currently hot as heck at 42 C. Not that far off we will begin our New Years Partys.  8;)

So I want to wish you all a New Year and stay safe.  O0

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
Re: ~Happy New Year of 2008~
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 11:36:02 PM »
Thank you Skippy. Happy New Year to all (Here in Argentina, we have adopted the GMT-2 time zone yesterday.)

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 11:38:08 PM »
HAPPY 2008!
May god save us !
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 11:40:59 PM »
 O0
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 11:50:01 PM »
Happy New Year!

Anyone going to see the ball dropping @ Times Square?

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 11:52:47 PM »
Ehh... New year's was three and a half months ago...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 11:58:21 PM »
yup!
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Kiwi

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 12:25:50 AM »

And your point is?

How I see it we get two parties  ;D :) O0

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 12:45:26 AM »

In fact the year of the Creation of the world was in Rosh Hashanah, and it applies also to Gentiles (but they must not do the Jewish rest).
However the Gregorian Calendar has been accepted by many Gentiles and even some Jews in the Diaspora for practical reasons. Jan 1st was a civil New Year in Rome before Christianity, when Julius Caesar adopted a version of the Egiptian calendar. So it can be considered a neutral civil holiday and there's nothing wrong with it. (however a Jew should consult his Rav)

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 01:08:40 AM »

In fact the year of the Creation of the world was in Rosh Hashanah, and it applies also to Gentiles (but they must not do the Jewish rest).
However the Gregorian Calendar has been accepted by many Gentiles and even some Jews in the Diaspora for practical reasons.
Some?  The Hebrew calendar is dying out in Israel, let alone the diaspora!

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 01:14:46 AM »

However the Gregorian Calendar has been accepted by many Gentiles and even some Jews in the Diaspora for practical reasons.

That's assimilation at work.
Today is 22-4-5768; but the forum mentions << December 31, 2007, 01:11:17 AM >>

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 04:44:35 AM »
We have our own Rosh Hashanah. Jews should not celebrate the secular New Year. The year is 5768.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 06:33:32 AM »

And your point is?

How I see it we get two parties  ;D :) O0

The former was not a "party"; it was a day for people to fix themselves and improve their character and restraint, while the latter has become an excuse for people to do the exact opposite. I wouldn't mind going to see the ball drop just for the experience, but personally, this day means little to me. I hope that our wonderful members here will utilize this day to mark a righteous and upright New Years Resolution.
Exactly! However you want to look at it it is the day that marks the start of the new year for most of the world. Most people spend time with their families and talk about the past year and what they hope will happen in the up coming one. Sadly the day has been associated with a day of unbridled drinking and mindless merriment. I use to live in Queens New York and Times Square was only a short train ride from there. It might just be the way I am but never crossed my mind even once to get in the middle of crowds of people like to see the ball drop. Today it would be out of the question.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Kiwi

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 06:37:38 AM »
Hahaha well that is good, then I will drink your drinks tooo at the party  ^-^ 8;) O0

ftf

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 07:06:37 AM »
I don't really care about New Year, it's just time passing, what is there to celebrate in that?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 07:30:21 AM »
Hahaha well that is good, then I will drink your drinks tooo at the party  ^-^ 8;) O0

Ok but just leave me one or two. I didn't say I was for prohibition :)
For all that celebrate have a HAPPY and SAFE New Years O0

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 08:11:40 AM »

Actually, I would like it if the Hebrew calander date is posted on this forum each day! I also want to keep track what's going on in the HEbrew calander.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2007, 08:40:50 AM »

Actually, I would like it if the Hebrew calander date is posted on this forum each day! I also want to keep track what's going on in the HEbrew calander.
I had a great site that converted all the dates and gave the candle lighting times for all over the world however for some reason its no longer letting me go on. I am disappointed. I am using my older system this morning so I am hoping it may still work when I go on my newer computer. It may still work for others here is the site.
http://www.candlelightingtimes.org/calendar/

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2007, 09:04:24 AM »
Happy New Year to all JTFers!!!
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2007, 09:30:52 AM »
May this year be one of resistance against this monster!
http://terrorismawareness.org/islamic-mein-kampf/

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 09:37:40 AM »
And may this be the year public opinion "there are only a few muslims who think like this"

may change

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 10:54:56 AM »
 :::D :::D :::D
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 11:18:08 AM »
Happy New Year to ALL!!!   8)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2007, 11:22:35 AM »
It just means that we are getting a year older.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2007, 11:26:12 AM »
It just means that we are getting a year older.
Isn't that day called Birthday? ;D