Author Topic: Some may consider this to be a heresy, BUT .....  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
Some may consider this to be a heresy, BUT .....
« on: January 06, 2008, 02:52:40 PM »
..... With regard to the 2008 election, there's plenty of cause for concern.  Many of this board seem to like Huckabee.  Personally, I'm disgusted by Huckabee's past statements to this effect (not exact words, but close):  'Amnesty for illegals is our opportunity to make up for slavery' (ugh).  Of course, Huckabee is far better than McCain, but that's faint praise, given my zero opinion of McCain.  Maybe Huckabee is just the 'best' (ahem) option in a field dedicated to turning the United States into Mejico Alta.  And maybe we on the right could 'hold Huckabee's 'feet to the fire' re: his more recent tougher stance on illegals.

And now to the heresy:  At this stage, I'd rather see Hillary Clinton in the White House than McCain or especially Obama.  Negativity has been plentiful on this board about McCain, and I agree with those negative opinions.  In contrast, I've seen at least one opinion about Obama that I find to be dead wrong: the idea that Obama cannot win.

If Obama is the Democratic nominee, I'd judge his odds of winning at 80% or better.  First, you can count on orgasmic coverage from the national media.  Second, the Republican nominee would likely repeat Dole's comatose run in 1996, unwilling to criticize the fresh-faced young minority, preferring to lose the election rather than being labeled as (gasp) a racist.  And mindful of the racial sensitivity held by the liberal elites, this kind of kid-gloves treatment by the media and the Republicans would likely continue for eight years.

On the other hand, a Democrat win in November is not assured with Hillary Clinton.  And even if Hillary were to win in November, there's already a lot of inherent distrust in the Clintons, and there would certainly be no eight year honeymoon.  There's probably some maxim out there somewhere, and if there's not, there should be:  'If your enemy must be in power, then let it be an enemy that's distrusted.'

In conclusion, there's plenty of concerns about November, and my concern is growing daily about having a closet Muslim schvartze in the White House.

et

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: Some may consider this to be a heresy, BUT .....
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 03:07:07 PM »
You make good, valid points.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Some may consider this to be a heresy, BUT .....
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 04:53:56 PM »
good points ;)