Author Topic: The right way to do a video  (Read 1715 times)

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
The right way to do a video
« on: January 06, 2008, 05:21:54 PM »
Recently several members of the JTF forum have been creating their own videos, I dont want to insult anyone but these forum member created videos have been of poor quality. While I already posted a short set of simple suggestions to improve the quality of the videos my suggestions was largely ignored, here is a link to a Swedeish made video which shows how amuters have make quality productions http://www.youtube.com/watch?eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fgatesofvienna.blogspot.com%2F&v=OrSyhZqcKLo
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: The right way to do a video
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 06:44:41 PM »
Recently several members of the JTF forum have been creating their own videos, I dont want to insult anyone but these forum member created videos have been of poor quality. While I already posted a short set of simple suggestions to improve the quality of the videos my suggestions was largely ignored, here is a link to a Swedeish made video which shows how amuters have make quality productions http://www.youtube.com/watch?eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fgatesofvienna.blogspot.com%2F&v=OrSyhZqcKLo
Thanks for the advice Kahaneloyalist - but in our (bullcat and bullcat jr.) case
we have no intention of going into the video making business.  We just want to help the cause and have fun together.
People don't have to watch poorly made videos - just click off - but if we reach one person - good for us.  BullCat

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 07:33:53 PM »
Unless I have been misunderstanding Chaim he has been asking members to start making videos. I think he knows that not every production is going to be made like one from CECIL B. DEMILLE.  While it would be ideal to have top notch productions I think any production that gets the message out and generates some interest for JTF is a good thing. For many members making a video is a new experience and is often a daunting process.  Lets not discourage folks by being overly critical. Everyone wants their production to be first rate with a little experience they will get there. The important thing is JTF gets posted on the web in as many places as possible thats what counts. If we become to critical many members may not bother even trying and that would be even more counter productive. I myself have not found the time to teach myself this process and to put the time in making the video itself. For all that have and are taking the time to make videos I say your doing great work. G-d Bless for all your time and effort.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 09:22:58 AM »
Yes, Chaim has encouraged members to make their own videos, but mediocrity will only make us look like amateurs and discourage interest. It has to look professional or at least competent.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 09:28:25 AM »
Yes, Chaim has encouraged members to make their own videos, but mediocrity will only make us look like amateurs and discourage interest. It has to look professional or at least competent.

For that you at least need video-software, a camera, a mike, and an eye for details, and lots of exercise.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 09:31:10 AM »
Thanks for the advice Kahaneloyalist - but in our (bullcat and bullcat jr.) case
we have no intention of going into the video making business.  We just want to help the cause and have fun together.
People don't have to watch poorly made videos - just click off - but if we reach one person - good for us.  BullCat

I love your videos, Bullcat.  Don't worry about all the angry people.   :)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 10:43:20 AM »
Kahaneloyalist, I don't think it's a good idea to call people's videos mediocre.  If there are videos that you think could use improvement, why don't you just pm the people who made them and offer to help them make it better? 

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 11:53:09 PM »

For that you at least need video-software, a camera, a mike, and an eye for details, and lots of exercise.

yes at least ;)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 05:38:15 PM »
If they're done on moviemaker, just a simple slide show, whats wrong with that?

Any amount of effort should be considered great. Forget professional, especially if it requires people trying to do what they're uncomfortable with. Nearly all of the videos have been brilliant.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 09:15:06 PM »
If they're done on moviemaker, just a simple slide show, whats wrong with that?

Any amount of effort should be considered great. Forget professional, especially if it requires people trying to do what they're uncomfortable with. Nearly all of the videos have been brilliant.
Including yours!  :)
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.