Author Topic: Citi Credit Card Rejects Firearms Industry  (Read 4511 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Citi Credit Card Rejects Firearms Industry
« on: January 07, 2008, 09:27:37 PM »
Fron the National Shooting Sports Federation (NSSF) "Bullet Points" 7 JAN 2008:

CREDIT CARD PROCESSING COMPANY REJECTS FIREARMS INDUSTRY

REFUSES TO PROCESS TRANSACTIONS . . . Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp. are refusing to process any credit card transactions between federally licensed firearms retailers, distributors and manufacturers -- a move which will severely limit available inventory of firearms and ammunition to military, law enforcement and law-abiding Americans.

The first company to be affected by this decision appears to be firearms distributor CDNN Sports Inc.

"We were contacted recently by First Data/Citi Merchant Services by a June Rivera-Mantilla stating that we were terminated and funds were being seized for selling firearms in a non-face-to-face transaction," said Charlie Crawford, president of CDNN Sports Inc. "Although perfectly legal, we were also informed that no transactions would be processed in the future, even for non-firearms. I find this very frightening."

To voice your concern to Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp., please contact June Rivera-Mantilla at 631-683-7734 or her supervisor Robert Tenenbaum at 631-683-6570.

To change to an NSSF-affiliated credit card processing program, contact Payment Alliance International at 1-866-371-2273 (ext. 1131).

http://www.nssf.org/news/fromBP.cfm?BPseq=704

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
Re: Citi Credit Card Rejects Firearms Industry
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 09:30:00 PM »
I think The JTF should make a big stink about this and say that JTF will start an International boycot of CITI and all its affliates
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 09:36:25 PM »
Citi Global Consumer Group

Primerica Financial Services

My Home Equity

The Student Loan Corporation

CitiFinancial Canada

Banamex

Smith Barney

This is a list of services and affiliates of CITI
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 09:42:08 PM »
Here is the letter

Citibank CLEARLY does not know the law, it is perfectly legal to ship a handgun to another state as long as it is shipped to an FFL.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 09:44:56 PM »
Such "integrity"!

From a banking system so completely saturated with laundered narcotics cash from South America, that if just the laundered drug money was removed from their coffers, the entire industry would collapse overnight.

Oh!...and by the way...Before some here have a knee-jerk reaction claiming that Katherine Austin Fitts is a "conspiracy nut", be advised that she has been a life-long Republican, and served under George H.W. Bush in Washington working with Republican Jack Kemp.

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 09:46:51 PM »
I think this company may very well have a lawsuit in Federal Court due to the fact they are taking a $75,000 dollar from this merchant and then cancels this contract.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 09:51:05 PM »
It has been my personal experience that Bankers can do anything they want, to anybody they want, at anytime they want.

More than likely the law will side with them against the public; claiming that a private banking firm has the right to initiate or terminate their customers at will.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 09:54:32 PM »
I wonder if they are going to pay it back with interest or just hold onto it indefinitely at the merchants expense.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Kiwi

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 10:13:30 PM »
Pay cash, use a third party problem solved.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 10:37:12 PM »
   The thing about plastic is that you don't have to pay bills for up to a month and then you get rewards with some cards. Plus credit cards provide consumer protections and benefits. The question becomes what the best card to get is. I doubt there is enough volume for a JTF credit card but who knows with all the cards on the market.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 11:01:21 PM »
I have always found CitiBank to be a decent company to deal with. I think that in todays world with the recent incidents of people getting a hold of a gun and then going to the mall or a school and plucking people off I can see them wanting no part of gun transactions like this. Most companies today don't want the bad publicity of even being implicated in any sort of unpleasant situation and they feel that they will get drawn into a court battle by being part of the transaction. I think CitiBank is trying to get the fact that they are apposed to this type of commerce on record. Then even if the gun company pushes their hand and forces them to accept the transactions by law CitiBank can always say they wanted out but were forced continue card services. As far as the charge back money goes if thats the agreement that was made when the account was opened I guess the gun company has to abide by it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 11:04:37 PM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 11:06:02 PM »
It is not the responiblity of the Credit Card company to force any possible moral codes on the general public. Just keep personal issues out of business.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 11:11:09 PM »
It is not the responiblity of the Credit Card company to force any possible moral codes on the general public. Just keep personal issues out of business.
I agree with you however companies like CitiBank are not concerned about moral codes they are worried about being drawn into a legal situation and bad publicity.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 11:53:02 PM »
I'm pulling my business accounts with citibank, I won't do business with anti-gun companies and I will urge other gun owners to do the same.

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 11:54:59 PM »
I would also recommend if you have any Investment accounts these should be transferred to another agency.  :)