Author Topic: Shoestrings as a Machine Gun  (Read 2857 times)

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
Shoestrings as a Machine Gun
« on: January 08, 2008, 10:03:44 PM »
ATF has ruled that such a shoestring is classified under 26 USC 5845(b) as a machine gun. It is therefore contraband if not registered under the National Firearms Act."

Get this one folks. In the event of Martial Law anyone in possession of shoestrings in your house, business or car/van/truck is subject to 10 years in the Federal Pen. Heck right now you can be arrested.

Here is a picture of what this shoestring does

http://www.saysuncle.com/archives/2006/02/25/registering_my_fingers/

October 26, 2007
Machinegun On a Shoestring
Filed under: Gun Culture — folloder @ 10:16 am

The ATF has a difficult job to do. Absent specific guidelines, policies and procedures, they are asked to render decisions to the best of their abilities. A big no-no is the manufacturing and possession of machineguns or parts designed to create machineguns by civilians. In the picture shown above, you see a semi-automatic rifle that has a shoestring with a few loops attached. The string enables automatic firing of the weapon. In 2004, the ATF ruled that the shoestring was a machinegun (ATF considers the machinegun itself and the items that enable conversion to automatic fire to be machine guns):

In June of this year, Rick Vasquez, acting chief of the Firearms Technology Branch (A guy I have met several times before, a guy I like, and a guy who has given me good advice), rescinded the letter that declared shoestrings as machineguns. He went on to clarify that a shoestring was not a machinegun, but was one only when used in the manner described.

It takes time to work through this stuff…

I have a copy of this letter. How smart is the BATF?
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Shoestrings as a Machine Gun
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 11:45:53 AM »
 :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03