Torah and Jewish Idea > Torah and Jewish Idea

ultra-Orthodox Jews against Isarel. What does Chaim say?

(1/21) > >>

Khazan:
I was wondering if there are any posts or archived videos of Chaim talking about the ultra-orthodox sect of Judaism that is against the state of Israel.  I forget what they are called, but they are a branch of Haredi that argue that Israel/Jews aren't allowed to have a state.  Given that Chaim and other right-wing orthodox Jews evoke religion, these people also evoke religion to augment their claims.  Is there any grain of salt to what they have to say?  I think they're called "NETUREI KARTA," they also visited the Iranian president. 

Is it in fact in violation of the Torah for Jews to have a modern state? 

ramen:
i dunno does anybody know.

judeanoncapta:

--- Quote from: Khazan on January 09, 2008, 07:42:00 PM ---I was wondering if there are any posts or archived videos of Chaim talking about the ultra-orthodox sect of Judaism that is against the state of Israel.  I forget what they are called, but they are a branch of Haredi that argue that Israel/Jews aren't allowed to have a state.  Given that Chaim and other right-wing orthodox Jews evoke religion, these people also evoke religion to augment their claims.  Is there any grain of salt to what they have to say?  I think they're called "NETUREI KARTA," they also visited the Iranian president. 

Is it in fact in violation of the Torah for Jews to have a modern state? 

--- End quote ---
No, in fact it is a commandment of the Torah to conquer and live in the land.

That is impossible without creating a state. So a state is mandated by the Torah.

The people who say differently are fools who don't understand the Torah at all.

They misinterpret one small passage in the Talmudh and beleive that thos can wipe out the entire Tanakh and the rest of what the Talmudh says on the subject.

They are fools. But they get alot of attention because they look and act so Jewish that you are shocked that they are a bunch of Muslim loving cretins.

I actually know a Neturei Karta member. He is a lunatic.

judeanoncapta:
And actually Chaim was asked this question many times on ASK JTF over the years. It would take hours if not days to listen to enough show to find when he answered those questions.

Khazan:
What verse in the Talmud?  I think the Naeturei Karta believe the messiah must come first before there is an Israel.  Is that the thing in the TAlmud, or is that in the TAnack?  They aren't the Lubavitch was the messiah bunch were they? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version