Author Topic: The Chronology of The Exodus  (Read 2088 times)

admin

The Chronology of The Exodus
« on: January 11, 2008, 03:52:17 PM »
I recently sent this to Jim Long, a Noahide author. He was on The High Council of Noahides under the auspices of The Sanhedrin.

See http://www.lightcatcherprod.com/products_books_riddle.shtml for information on the book I am writing to him about.

The Chronology of The Exodus 
To: [email protected]

I recently purchased The Riddle of The Exodus but I was confused about the dating. You say The Exodus
occurred prior to The Hyksos which was around 1700 B.C.E.. So this means it took place prior to 2000
B.C.E.. So how do you account for the fact that there is a big gap between that time and when The First
Temple was built if The Bible says it was 480 years. I know that The Seder Olam deletes years between The First Temple and Second Temple so according to that, if you believe in the archeological dating for the
time of King David, it makes sense that The Exodus would have happened around 1450 B.C.E. which fits in
well if you believe Joseph worked for The Hyksos. So why does your theory have a thousand year gap? What happened in between? The book didn't use dates that much when referring to the different periods. It just listed archeological things and only listed dates corresponding to The Seder Olam towards the end.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 03:56:08 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Re: The Chronology of The Exodus
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 10:06:57 PM »
What that man writes in his book is very true.  The secular dates of events are based usually on Greek historical records who probably copied from some Egyption historical book.  What makes their record more accurate that the Torah's record? In fact, they were probably inaccurate.  I remember that Josephous writes this.  The secular names of many of the Kings are in question as to who they are with regard to the Torah name though so that is an problem. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD