Author Topic: This Jewish Stereotype Bothers Me!  (Read 4789 times)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
This Jewish Stereotype Bothers Me!
« on: January 13, 2008, 03:26:04 PM »
That Jews are nebishes and can't play sports or excel in physical related work.  I don't think it's true, but the idea seems to perpetuate, even by some fellow Jews themselves.  I think Jews can and have excelled in many different endeavors without limitations.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: This Jewish Stereotype Bothers Me!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 03:37:12 PM »
It is because a lot of geniuses are Jewish people and needed more time to excercise their brains yet alone physical selves.

I remember reading that Basketball was introduced by Jews and that there used to be a top notch player....it was considered a Jewish game.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 03:41:51 PM »
You're right, Sarah.  Basketball was indeed a Jewish game in the 1950s and 60s mainly.  Israel is still pretty decent in hoops, and there are still a fair number of Jewish coaches.  Kudos to you for being aware of this.  Not many people know this.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 03:52:34 PM »
I'm sure i read it from a link on JTF.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 03:58:21 PM »
Maybe I posted it a while back, lol.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 03:59:34 PM »
Jewish stereotypes bother me too, yet so do black stereotypes and stereotypes of other groups of people. Yet, many of our forum members seem to think that it's okay to engage in stereotyping other groups while complaining about the stereotyping that other people make with Jews. I'm guessing that some of you might think I"m guilty of engaging in moral equivalence here. But wasn't it a great Jewish sage of ours that stated, "What is hateful to you, do not do unto others?" :)

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 04:02:05 PM »
Take a look at this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_American_sportspeople  Oh yeah, we Jews were never any good at sports! ;D ::)

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 04:06:08 PM »
don't let it bother you. just focus on yourself.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 04:08:28 PM »
Thanks for the link, but I have visited that site already many times and know about all of them already, lol.  We don't have numbers, but have had a few very succesful members of the community, not many currently unfortunately, but some all time greats.  I don't believe many stereotypes that apply to other groups as well, quite frankly.  People usually resort to stereotype motifs when they can't think of anything else to say.  Good point, Trumpeldor.  That's what my Mom said.

Offline ramen

• Full JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 09:37:39 PM »
some of them are not true e.g C. Ronaldo ( my fav player). he is christian kisses his cross 3 times when i see him play.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 09:56:01 PM »
There are a lot of professional athletes that are Jewish that are champions in North American sports.

Since I love hockey I will start off with that...

In the NHL perhaps one of the best Defensemen in the league Mathew Schnider is one of the most gifted player in his era, he is also part of the defending Stanley Cup Champion Anaheim Ducks.  He won the cup with the Montreal Canadiens back in 1993 and won the cup when he was with the Detroit RedWings.  And future hall of famer.

MLB Shawn Green, who also won a World Series with the Arizona Diamond Back.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 10:14:55 PM by MasterWolf1 »
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 11:00:07 PM »
That Jews are nebishes and can't play sports or excel in physical related work.  I don't think it's true, but the idea seems to perpetuate, even by some fellow Jews themselves.  I think Jews can and have excelled in many different endeavors without limitations.
I find it hyprocritical whenever a Jewish organization complains about stereotypes of Jews having money or being smart, because those are good things, while at the same time these Jews tell jokes about Jewish guilt or Jewish Weakness, which are bad stereotypes. It is all rooted in the self-hatred these JEws have for themselves
KAHANE TZADAK!

Kiwi

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 01:05:10 AM »
Most stereotypes are a torn in my side. Regardless of what they are.

If you going to judge a person make it for who they really are not their stereotype.

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 01:07:09 AM »
All this time I always thought Jews were smart and had money. Time to give away the cash and close accounts and go for a lobotomy.  :P
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Kiwi

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 01:09:37 AM »
Time to give away the cash and close accounts and go for a lobotomy

What you want every one to be Australians....... :::D

Running hidding before newman reads that  :P :P :P :P :P :P

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 04:17:44 AM »
Sounds like they were playing up the lie that Jews are awful in sports, as usual.

Offline DigitalPhoto

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 04:24:57 AM »
This is just another lie about the Jewish people; there have been lies for many years.  A lot of people are complaining about the old lies, and demanding the lies stop, so they now feel they have to come up with new ones.

They are nothing more then bullies on a playgournd.  I know that is easy for me to say because I am not Jewish, but I am pro Jewish so that makes me unpopular, but I do not care about popularity.

Digital Photo

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 06:31:02 AM »
TAKE A WALK ON THE UPPER WEST SIDE ALL THE LIBERAL JEWS ARE NOT SMART OR ATHLETIC THEY  LOOK LIKE WOODY ALLEN CLONES
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2008, 06:36:28 AM »
HAVING SAID THAT I WIIL SHOW SOME VERY GOOD JEWISH ATHELETES

super heavyweight world powerlifter                          http://www.criticalbench.com/Scott-Mendelson.htm

-------------------------------------------------------

Shot at 2008-01-14
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 06:52:36 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Kiwi

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2008, 06:37:44 AM »
never liked woody allen

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2008, 06:42:08 AM »
never liked woody allen
Then don'nt go to liberal upper west side           :::D

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2008, 06:43:46 AM »
Now if anyone watched the chargers yesterday one of the strongest players in Football

http://www.chargers.com/team/roster/igor-olshansky.htm   

-----------------------------------------------

Shot at 2007-12-02
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 06:53:05 AM by mord »

Shot at 2010-01-03

Kiwi

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2008, 06:49:52 AM »
never liked woody allen

Trust me I never plan too! My last trip to New York cured me for life! Tho I do have to return at times, but its a complete military strike, in and out on the plane in less than 8 hours, no luggage   :P ;D

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2008, 06:51:56 AM »
never liked woody allen

Trust me I never plan too! My last trip to New York cured me for life! Tho I do have to return at times, but its a complete military strike, in and out on the plane in less than 8 hours, no luggage   :P ;D
The upper west side is filled with ultra leftists Jewish stereotypes :::D

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2008, 06:57:22 AM »
That's my guy Igor Olshansky, number 99 from the Ukraine, not a bad player at all.  Doesn't get much glamour because of the position though.