Author Topic: Fred Thompson's display at the previous debate  (Read 871 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Fred Thompson's display at the previous debate
« on: January 14, 2008, 03:44:41 PM »
He kept going after Huckabee but he never once went after McCain.  Thompson is trying to draw support away from Huckabee, but isn't really trying to do the same for McCain.  I think that if he doesn't win SC, he wants McCain to win it.  If Huckabee and Thompson end up splitting a lot of the same voting base, then McCain will probably win in SC.     

Thompson is friends with McCain.  I think that if Thompson doesn't win SC, he's going to drop out and support McCain.  He supported McCain in 2000 and was about to endorse McCain for 08 before the rumors started last spring that he was considering entering the nomination process.

It's vital that McCain's momentum gets stopped in Michigan.

Offline Nolandforshalom

• Senior JTFer
    • The Jewish Store
Re: Fred Thompson's display at the previous debate
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 04:35:37 PM »
I like Thompson. Except for Pollard, which is an important issue, he is nearly the perfect candidate. He may, however, drop out soon.
http://www.thejewishstore.net
The Place for all your Kahanist, Jewish, and Zionist Shopping Needs!

Offline dejavu

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 05:56:32 PM »
The reason that he is going after Huckabee is not because he wants to take votes from him vs. mccain but it is purely strategy.  At the moment most of the evangelicals are leaning towards the Huck because they think he has a chance and for the most part the only type of voter that would support Thompson would be an evangelical and in the beginning they were all expected to support him so he is only trying to get his original supporters back because they would most likely be the easiest to sway.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 05:59:58 PM »
Fred Thompson is worse than Mccain because he has openly stated that Jonathan Pollard should rot in prison forever. Mccain hasn't said that even though he might be thinking the same thing. Lets hope this animal and his spring chicken wife go back to Tennessee and develop terminal cancer.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 01:47:23 AM »
Unfortunately, I was correct. 

Thompson kept going after Huckabee in the SC debate.  And while he campaigned in SC this past week, he kept going after Huckabee.  I doubt he went after McCain much. 

Thompson also went after Huckabee's base of voters. 

Thompson took away a lot of the anti-McCain votes so Thompson can take the blame for how McCain won.