Author Topic: Chess legend Bobby Fischer (YM"S) dead at 64  (Read 12792 times)

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Chess legend Bobby Fischer (YM"S) dead at 64
« on: January 18, 2008, 10:48:56 AM »
Chess legend Bobby Fischer dead at 64 

« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 11:48:16 AM by Hail Columbia »
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Re: Chess legend Bobby Fischer (YM"S) dead at 64
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 10:52:11 AM »
one enemy of the Jews less ;)

Chess legend Bobby Fischer dead at 64
2 hours ago
REYKJAVIK (AFP) — Chess legend Bobby Fischer, whose tortured genius earned him both worldwide acclaim and disdain, has died at the age of 64 at his home in Iceland.
"I can confirm that he died yesterday in his home due to an illness," close friend Gardar Sverrisson told AFP. Fischer was reportedly hospitalised for a period last year.
Einar Einarsson, the chairman of a Fischer support group in Iceland, said the cause of death was kidney failure.
"He was not a man who wanted to seek medical attention. He didn't believe in Western medicine," Einarsson told AFP.
US-born Fischer, who made world headlines by defeating Soviet world champion Boris Spassky in a celebrated Cold War chess showdown in Reykjavik in 1972, took Icelandic citizenship in 2005 to avoid being deported to the United States.
He was wanted for breaking international sanctions by playing a chess match in Yugoslavia in 1992.
Considered by some as the greatest chess player of all time, Fischer's particular genius was a troubled one that saw his life run steadily downhill since his moment of glory at age 29.
He was said to have an IQ higher than Albert Einstein's and once thought his gift would win him undying fortune. He would make extravagant demands over matches in a way more commonly seen in boxing.
But while the theatrics made him a celebrity -- and are credited with helping him unnerve his opponents -- he also succeeded in alienating himself from all but a small band of friends and chess enthusiasts.
Despite having a Jewish mother, Fischer was an outspoken anti-Semite, using broadcasts at far-flung radio stations to accuse Jews of everything from his legal woes to an alleged conspiracy to kill off elephants.
His anti-US rhetoric became equally inflammatory over the years.
In the 1972 "match of the century" in Iceland, Fischer, throwing regular tantrums over the position of cameras and the audience, relied on his own wit to end 24 years of Soviet chess supremacy by dethroning Spassky, who had by his side an army of Russian master strategists.
Fischer, whose chess education had consisted of locking himself in a room for days on end facing off against himself, refused to play again after his triumph and was stripped of his title in 1975.
His paranoia was reinforced in 1981 when his scruffy appearance made him a mistaken suspect in a California bank robbery. In another of his interviews on Filipino radio, Fischer accused the media of trying to "poison the public against me."
"They constantly use the words eccentric, eccentric, eccentric, weird," Fischer said. "I am boring. I am boring!"
He returned to chess in 1992 with a rematch against Spassky in Yugoslavia, then in the throes of the Balkan wars. At a press conference he spat on a US government notice warning him he was breaking sanctions and proceeded to defeat Spassky once again, winning more than three million dollars on which he boasted he would never pay tax.

He was back in the media spotlight on September 11, 2001 when he rang up a Filipino radio station to hail the "wonderful news" of the terrorist attacks on the United States and launch a profanity-laden anti-Jewish tirade.

"For two years of his life he completely and utterly dominated chess like no one has before," said David Edmonds, who co-authored a book on the 1972 match, "Bobby Fischer Goes to War."
"I think many in the chess world don't want Bobby Fischer's anti-Semitic and violently anti-American remarks to sully his reputation as one of the greatest chess players of all time," Edmonds said.
In one part of the September 11 broadcast, Fischer declared that "nobody has single-handedly done more for the US than me" by making it seem "as an intellectual country."
"But now I'm not useful anymore. You see, the Cold War is over and now they want to wipe me out, get everything I have, put me into prison," he said.
On July 13, 2004, Fischer was taken into custody at Tokyo's Narita airport for travelling on a passport which Washington said had been revoked.
With Japan deliberating for months on whether to send him to the United States, Iceland came to his rescue, granting him citizenship in tribute to his role in making the small island -- and the game of chess -- famous in 1972.
"He was quite happy to be in Iceland, but perhaps he felt a little bit trapped ... since he could not travel. The US government was always after him," Einarsson said Friday.
Fischer never married his Japanese fiance, the head of the Japan Chess Association Miyoko Watai, but she visited him frequently in Iceland, Einarsson said.
"She was here last week ... She has been informed" of his death, he said.
Spassky also continued to support Fischer despite the controversy. In an open letter he wrote he was ready to share a jail cell with him if Fischer was extradited to the United States.
"Just let us play chess," said the twice-defeated Spassky.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 11:00:06 AM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 11:07:30 AM »
Even though the news articles list him as half Jewish he was actually 100% Jewish but his mother lied to him about his biological father.  I was very happy to see that he died when I opened the paper this morning.  I have to admit that I also pitied him and felt sorry for him for being so crazy, but I'm glad that his life is over.  He was one of the most outspoken and notorious anti-semites in the world and he said it was his life mission to expose "Jewish conspiracies" of all kinds.  His beliefs were as bad as the worst Neo-Nazis and he advocated a holocaust against American Jews. 

Yemach Shemo indeed.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 11:18:01 AM »
Evil self-hating Jew!

Joe Schmo

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 11:25:32 AM »
There are no half Jews.

That's like being a little pregnant.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 11:27:27 AM »
Here it is.

Right from the horse's arse:

>:( >:(

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 11:29:02 AM »
Even though the news articles list him as half Jewish he was actually 100% Jewish but his mother lied to him about his biological father.
qft
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 11:29:49 AM »
I saw him interviewed on ESPN once.  The interview was supposed to be only about chess and all of a sudden he went off into some evil anti-semitic rant that the Jews are the cause of all the evil in the world.  When the reporter didn't agree, he kept saying, "well, you must be a Jew, must be an evil Jew." Good riddance to him.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 11:31:10 AM »
The man was an absolute genius when it came to playing chess. Perhaps the greatest player ever.

But as a Jew and a human being he was a vile, loathsome creature.

How tragic that such a gifted genius could go as insane as he obviously did.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 11:35:48 AM »
Apparently he was severely schizophrenic.

If that was the case, we really can't hold his words against him.  They were spoken by a man who was quite literally, crazy.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 11:37:45 AM »
I saw him interviewed on ESPN once.  The interview was supposed to be only about chess and all of a sudden he went off into some evil anti-semitic rant that the Jews are the cause of all the evil in the world.  When the reporter didn't agree, he kept saying, "well, you must be a Jew, must be an evil Jew." Good riddance to him.

Yeah, I saw that interview too.

The funny thing was the reporter doing the interview was, in fact, a Jew. Jeremy Schapp, the son of Dick Schapp.

Fischer was absolutely nuts in that interview.

I guess we can all stop 'Searching For Bobby Fischer' now.

Good movie for those of you that haven't seen it.

Offline aggressi0n

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 03:36:44 PM »
Another Nazi punished by God. Burn in hell Bobby.

Offline Nolandforshalom

• Senior JTFer
    • The Jewish Store
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 03:37:57 PM »
Well Said. Jew hating bastard deserved it.
http://www.thejewishstore.net
The Place for all your Kahanist, Jewish, and Zionist Shopping Needs!

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 03:40:43 PM »
Another Nazi punished by G-d. Burn in hell Bobby.
He still was Jewish...

Not a good Jew by any means, but a Jew nonetheless...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 03:42:06 PM »
I don't take joy in the death of anyone.

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 03:45:23 PM »

Hitler yimach shemo ve-zichro?

The the Nazi Fischer is finally dead.  What a glorious day!

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 03:47:22 PM »
But one cannot say YM"S after a Jew...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 03:54:18 PM »
Why do you consider one of the worst Jew-hating people as a Jew?

if a Flemish guy would do that, i would NOT consider him as one of my people anymore.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 03:55:29 PM »

What I mean is that there are some people who deserve death or who need to die, but that doesn't mean that I am happy or celebrate about it. Hitler needed to die a long time ago but I certainly don't take joy in his death because the damage was already done. I just know that his death prevented anymore damage from being done.

Taking joy in a persons death is no different than when muslim fanatics behead a person and chant "Allah Akbar". We're not savages like the Arabs.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 04:05:07 PM »
Good riddance to bad garbage. The filthy animal should rest in hell
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2008, 07:02:02 PM »
May he rest in peace.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 07:05:16 PM »
May he rest in peace.
In the fires of hell :)
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 07:23:08 PM »
May he rest in peace.
In the fires of hell :)
I think you need some anger management classes.

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2008, 09:24:47 PM »
I remember following the Spassky-Fischer match in 1972; at that time I knew nothing of his political beliefs. He was a hero to me [a 9 year old boy at the time]. When I learned of his anti-semitic beliefs it was a major letdown; just another scumbag who happened to be a great chessplayer. :'(

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2008, 09:52:18 PM »

What I mean is that there are some people who deserve death or who need to die, but that doesn't mean that I am happy or celebrate about it. Hitler needed to die a long time ago but I certainly don't take joy in his death because the damage was already done. I just know that his death prevented anymore damage from being done.

Taking joy in a persons death is no different than when muslim fanatics behead a person and chant "Allah Akbar". We're not savages like the Arabs.

I don't understand this way of thinking.

You better believe I take joy in and celebrate Hitler's death.

I take joy in and celebrate the demise of ALL enemies of the Jewish people.

Comparing righteous people celebrating the death of evil enemies with moooozies chanting Allahu Crackwhore while chopping people's head off is beyond absurd and a completely ridiculous analogy. You're bonkers if you think celebrating the death of Fischer or Hitler makes one a savage.