Poll

Did South Carolina's primary being on Saturday harm Huckabee because observant Jews did not vote for him?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
4 (66.7%)
Not Sure
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Did holding the primary on Shabbat hurt Huckabee  (Read 882 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Did holding the primary on Shabbat hurt Huckabee
« on: January 21, 2008, 06:22:58 AM »
Chaim, I would like to see your take on this poll, in particular. It seems to me that in an extremely tight race like South Carolina's, Huckabee might have been harmed--and possibly done in--by the fact that observant Jews could not vote for him because it was Shabbat (the secular Jews, being overwhelmingly liberal, would have had no problems voting for Hanoi John).

Yes, they should have voted by absentee or mail-in earlier, but you have to assume that a few of them didn't bother to do that.

Chaimfan

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
Re: Did holding the primary on Shabbat hurt Huckabee
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 07:00:40 AM »
Chaim, I would like to see your take on this poll, in particular. It seems to me that in an extremely tight race like South Carolina's, Huckabee might have been harmed--and possibly done in--by the fact that observant Jews could not vote for him because it was Shabbat (the secular Jews, being overwhelmingly liberal, would have had no problems voting for Hanoi John).

Yes, they should have voted by absentee or mail-in earlier, but you have to assume that a few of them didn't bother to do that.

Chaimfan

interesting theory, and could also been a contributing factor.....

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 07:04:41 AM »
Yu shud put this in Ask Chaim section. It coud be a one of the reasons.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 07:22:46 AM »
Huck is a christian, so no.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 08:57:22 AM »
Now this might be wrong, but I have always gotten the impression that most Jews are democrats anyway, or if they're republicans, they're on the liberal side of the party. This is what I've encountered, at any rate.

Jews already make up a relatively small portion of the population, and the right wing Jews among them who would have voted for Huckabee would have made up an even smaller portion.