Author Topic: Youth Culture!  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Youth Culture!
« on: January 26, 2008, 10:55:12 PM »
You ever get the feeling that most younger people, say from high school to age 35 or so, only care about having fun and, in particular, having promiscous sex or living life purely for some other pleasure principles.  I'm glad I have this forum and my beliefs to turn to and help keep me grounded.  I had a pretty crazy week where I was surrounded by people trying to bring me down and lose my grip on morals once again.  I also encountered a pair of atheists who told me life is just about having as much fun until you die and there is absolutely zero scientific proof of G-d.  I tried telling the couple that there is no way the world evolved purely by chance, but they would have none of it.  They said I would regret not having any fun when I'm old and gray.  It probably hasn't been this bad since college.  By the way, I hope this is isn't out of line, but can somebody tell me when it became socially acceptable for every other girl to have a bisexual background?  Do we live in such a PC society that homosexuality is now becoming the moral standard?  Oh well, sometimes I can't take it anymore. :'( 

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Re: Youth Culture!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 11:01:32 PM »
Yes, Yacov, we desparately need as many righteous people as possible.   O0

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 11:03:54 PM »
well, we live in a completely controlled bolshevik totalitarian P.C. society where everything is "normal" when it is "P.C."

I've heard these discussions from people multiple of times. People have tried to bring me down to their immoral levels and I have stood my ground and rejected. O0

It's completely stupid to say there's no G-d and that the universe just "is" and "was" so let's just have as much exploiting pleasurable fun to the highest level ;D :P :P :D

Some Atheists believe in UFO's, Extraterrestrial life, and Ghosts as a means to support a higher power - G-d. Although that's just a tiny percentage ;)

I suggest they watch Chaim's video "Is There A God?"  that was great O0

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 11:06:46 PM »
I know that many young people don't care about things. That's why they become Leftists. They just go with whatever is fed them. I don't approve of these young people's behavior. It seems like you can assume that any young person that is in a relationship has pre-marital sex which is totally unacceptable. That is why JTF has to reach out to young people to get them to return to morality.

Absolutely 100% on the target Yacov.  O0 We have to help the young people to wait until marriage and G-d willing raise "righteous families" O0

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 11:22:04 PM »
ARI- I would recommend you not even debate with those athiests. If they are Jewish you can show them the video "divineinformation" at http://www.divineinformation.com/downloads/default.asp or many of the other videos here and at Torahanytime.com .
 If these people tell you that after they die they wont exist, you can tell them that they are probably right in their case, but for you, you see and hope a future for yourself, so when you see people partying and "living it up" theirs nothing to be jealous about.  If those people are Jewish you can try to direct them to the right path, but if you see that they have a negative affect on you, then its best to just seperate with them and not hang out with them anymore.
 This Shabb-t, for some reason this line came to me and I was thinking about it, now I know why partly (to show you  :) ) . after Lecha Dodi we say the paragraph of "Mizmor Shir Leyom HaShabb-t. it says " A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline dejavu

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 11:31:31 PM »
Well... I am an atheist and i have no morals.  As far as I'm concerned anyone can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't effect me.  This is kind of a social contract theory.  I don't kill people because i understand that i don't want to be killed and out of respect for each other we don't kill one another.  What i don't understand is how people who are religious can justify preemptive actions because those would be immoral. 

Do i care if someone is being a butt pirate.. nope
Do i care if people have premarital sex.. nope
Do i care if someone is tweaked out of their minds.. nope

What someone does on their own time is their business until i am effected.  As long as the tweaker stays home and doesn't rob me... more power to him to ruin his own life.

Also the only thing that making something bad does is make it worse.  Its called conditioning.  Take curse words for example.  Is the word [censored] really the best word in the dictionary that it can be used as every part of a sentence?  NO.  It is just that because it is seen as a sin people feel that it is a coming of age transition to start using it regularly and then old habits die hard.  Same thing with alcohol.  The US has more alcoholics than pretty much any other country and we have some of the harshest drinking laws.  Same reasoning.  Same with nudity.

When you make something bad you recognize it and therefore give it more of a place to take off..I honestly think that this is also true about homosexuality because of the stigma that is attached with it but most of you will probably disagree with me on this.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 11:37:22 PM »
Well... I am an atheist and i have no morals.  As far as I'm concerned anyone can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't effect me.  This is kind of a social contract theory.  I don't kill people because i understand that i don't want to be killed and out of respect for each other we don't kill one another.  What i don't understand is how people who are religious can justify preemptive actions because those would be immoral. 

What someone does on their own time is their business until i am effected.  As long as the tweaker stays home and doesn't rob me... more power to him to ruin his own life.

Also the only thing that making something bad does is make it worse.  Its called conditioning.  Take curse words for example.  Is the word deleted really the best word in the dictionary that it can be used as every part of a sentence?  NO.  It is just that because it is seen as a sin people feel that it is a coming of age transition to start using it regularly and then old habits die hard.  Same thing with alcohol.  The US has more alcoholics than pretty much any other country and we have some of the harshest drinking laws.  Same reasoning.  Same with nudity.

When you make something bad you recognize it and therefore give it more of a place to take off..I honestly think that this is also true about homosexuality because of the stigma that is attached with it but most of you will probably disagree with me on this.

you can have morals and also be atheist in my opinion ;)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 12:38:47 AM »
Good advice, Tzvi.  As for others, I don't like to be a person that preaches to them a way of life.  I think they have to come to an understanding to what is right or wrong on their own.  Even if they are not religious, or even believe in G-d at all, I would hope sometimes plain old common sense would prevail, so I agree with the argument that even atheists can at least practice moral behavior.  What I really don't like is when some wacko who's living in my opinion a pretty crazy life tries to make you feel like an outcast for doing what you feel is right in your heart.  I must admit it also does annoy me that sometimes these very same people have all the success in the world and the preposterous adulation as others.  G-d willing the world to come is not like this.  I can not claim proof, but I believe. O0

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 12:44:23 AM »
In an evil generation G-d punishes the righteous, and in a righteous generation the evil are punished

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 01:19:33 AM »

Also the only thing that making something bad does is make it worse.  Its called conditioning.  Take curse words for example.  Is the word deleted really the best word in the dictionary that it can be used as every part of a sentence?  NO.  It is just that because it is seen as a sin people feel that it is a coming of age transition to start using it regularly and then old habits die hard.  Same thing with alcohol.  The US has more alcoholics than pretty much any other country and we have some of the harshest drinking laws.  Same reasoning.  Same with nudity.

How can you say and by saying promote or accept that? Being an athiest means being ungrateful to the Creater of the World. How coud you stand someone who is ungrateful for the good he is given every day by G-d? This is something soo low and no one is justified in being as such (not a Jew nor a non-Jew).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 02:01:05 AM »

How can you say and by saying promote or accept that? Being an athiest means being ungrateful to the Creater of the World. How coud you stand someone who is ungrateful for the good he is given every day by G-d? This is something soo low and no one is justified in being as such (not a Jew nor a non-Jew).

Yes I agree to a long extent, but at least they can at least make an attempt to do something righteous, instead of exploit others thinking there is no G-d and only nothingness
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 02:02:43 AM by JTFFan »

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 02:22:07 AM »
You are right Ari

It makes me sick these useless sh*ts we have for a youth these days. Utterly sickening! That's why i left school, and became a homeschooler-and eventually Homeschooling University student.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! These sh*ts need one hell of a smack! Rip their rings of them, scrub their tatoos of..whether they bleed or not-their problem. Oh guys, give the task to me to sort out the useless youth...

Just Erica

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 02:35:37 AM »
I know that many young people don't care about things. That's why they become Leftists. They just go with whatever is fed them. I don't approve of these young people's behavior. It seems like you can assume that any young person that is in a relationship has pre-marital sex which is totally unacceptable. That is why JTF has to reach out to young people to get them to return to morality.

Yachov, a lot of young people don't give a rat's patooty about politics. And it's mostly because they don't care about anything or anyone...sometimes not even themselves. It's textbook behavior.

Some teens have pre-marital sex because they're missing something in their lives. Some do it because they don't care about their lives nor the consequences of their actions (i.e., Maury Povich- Jerry Springer shows). Some do it because they were pressured. And Some do it because they weren't taught how to respect themselves and their bodies. They know nothing of morality. And for those who's parents talked to them about morality, well, let's just say that half of the conversation goes in one ear and out of the other. All of the important parts of that conversation were conveniently muted out of the communication. lol

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 02:48:43 AM »
You have been granted the task Boregeneral.  Stand tall my friend.

Ari

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 04:35:42 AM »
Now, I don't agree with pre-marital sex, I feel it is immoral and can break people of staying in control of themselves. But does having pre-marital sex make one categorized as an "immoral person"? I ask because it's not the only moral code of conduct. One can be a virgin and still treat their parents with disrespect or be a thief or druggie or what have you. At the same time, one may have had pre-marital sex and still be a moral person in other fields.. or is that not possible? Or does that not count?

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 06:04:50 AM »
Although I wouldn't permanently condemn someone for simply having premarital sex.  That is left up to G-d overall, but I don't even think we're talking about a couple of cases here where young couples had been going with each other for quite a while and were dedicated to each other, hopefully moving toward marriage at least.  It seems society at large has become acceptable of people having multiple partners and even some very sick experimentation, especially among women as I mentioned earlier.  This is really going way too far in my book.  Some girls have become nothing but exhibitionists purely flaunting their body, or worse yet even selling it.  They're out there simply to take advantage of men and it drives me nuts.  They feel like they have everything coming to them, and in a sense they do because desparate loser guys line up for them.  I remember in college and later when I headed out to nightclubs for a bit, the people would bounce off one another, sleeping around with one person this week, someone else the other.  I admit sometimes I wanted to join in from a purely physical perspective.  It was tempting.  You should have seen some of the crazy things I was invited to to take part in.  Still, I'm happier at the end of the day that I refused and held strong.  Hell, my looks may go soon and I'll never have that chance again, but even today it still wouldn't be worth giving up on my morality and belief in our great G-d.  Even if I don't understand every Bible verse to the fullest, in my I know He does not approve of such behaviors! O0 O0
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 06:12:43 AM by Ari »

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2008, 06:06:14 AM »
You have been granted the task Boregeneral.  Stand tall my friend.

Ari
thank you, now hand me your whips, and thy useless children

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2008, 06:13:35 AM »
They are yours, as for the useless children, I don't have any yet, so please take my lousy downstairs neighbors kids. O0

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2008, 06:16:05 AM »
ok, i believe postage will be say $15 from US to Aus   :::D :::D :::D :::D

Checklist:

Whip
Shambock (favourite tool)
SHARP scissors

ehh...what else?

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2008, 06:18:11 AM »
I'll let you know later.  I might try to catch the new Rambo movie today or so.  He should be good for some weapons.

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2008, 06:19:32 AM »
You are right Ari

It makes me sick these useless sh*ts we have for a youth these days. Utterly sickening! That's why i left school, and became a homeschooler-and eventually Homeschooling University student.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! These sh*ts need one hell of a smack! Rip their rings of them, scrub their tatoos of..whether they bleed or not-their problem. Oh guys, give the task to me to sort out the useless youth...

You would do better at home school any way now Boere.

Most higher education areas are very problematic at best.

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2008, 11:18:00 PM »
You ever get the feeling that most younger people, say from high school to age 35 or so, only care about having fun and, in particular, having promiscous sex or living life purely for some other pleasure principles.  I'm glad I have this forum and my beliefs to turn to and help keep me grounded.  I had a pretty crazy week where I was surrounded by people trying to bring me down and lose my grip on morals once again.  I also encountered a pair of atheists who told me life is just about having as much fun until you die and there is absolutely zero scientific proof of G-d.  I tried telling the couple that there is no way the world evolved purely by chance, but they would have none of it.  They said I would regret not having any fun when I'm old and gray.  It probably hasn't been this bad since college.  By the way, I hope this is isn't out of line, but can somebody tell me when it became socially acceptable for every other girl to have a bisexual background?  Do we live in such a PC society that homosexuality is now becoming the moral standard?  Oh well, sometimes I can't take it anymore. :'( 
I don't get that feeling, I see it everyday in my high school. Its the Jews who support Homosexuality the most, they quote the Torah when they agree with what it says, but ignore it when they disagree. Thats not Judaism, thats just taking what you already believe and backing it up with a source that clearly has no value if its filled with just half-truths.
I like to think that every generation learns from the previous. Just like the 60's generation learned their parents mistake, that materialism was a fraud, my generation got smarter and figured that its not worth sacrificing in life and pleasure is all that matters.
KAHANE TZADAK!