Author Topic: John F. Kennedy's daughter supports obama says "A President Like My Father"  (Read 5631 times)

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

OVER the years, I’ve been deeply moved by the people who’ve told me they wished they could feel inspired and hopeful about America the way people did when my father was president. This sense is even more profound today. That is why I am supporting a presidential candidate in the Democratic primaries, Barack Obama.

My reasons are patriotic, political and personal, and the three are intertwined. All my life, people have told me that my father changed their lives, that they got involved in public service or politics because he asked them to. And the generation he inspired has passed that spirit on to its children. I meet young people who were born long after John F. Kennedy was president, yet who ask me how to live out his ideals.

Sometimes it takes a while to recognize that someone has a special ability to get us to believe in ourselves, to tie that belief to our highest ideals and imagine that together we can do great things. In those rare moments, when such a person comes along, we need to put aside our plans and reach for what we know is possible.

We have that kind of opportunity with Senator Obama. It isn’t that the other candidates are not experienced or knowledgeable. But this year, that may not be enough. We need a change in the leadership of this country — just as we did in 1960.

Most of us would prefer to base our voting decision on policy differences. However, the candidates’ goals are similar. They have all laid out detailed plans on everything from strengthening our middle class to investing in early childhood education. So qualities of leadership, character and judgment play a larger role than usual.

Senator Obama has demonstrated these qualities throughout his more than two decades of public service, not just in the United States Senate but in Illinois, where he helped turn around struggling communities, taught constitutional law and was an elected state official for eight years. And Senator Obama is showing the same qualities today. He has built a movement that is changing the face of politics in this country, and he has demonstrated a special gift for inspiring young people — known for a willingness to volunteer, but an aversion to politics — to become engaged in the political process.

I have spent the past five years working in the New York City public schools and have three teenage children of my own. There is a generation coming of age that is hopeful, hard-working, innovative and imaginative. But too many of them are also hopeless, defeated and disengaged. As parents, we have a responsibility to help our children to believe in themselves and in their power to shape their future. Senator Obama is inspiring my children, my parents’ grandchildren, with that sense of possibility.

Senator Obama is running a dignified and honest campaign. He has spoken eloquently about the role of faith in his life, and opened a window into his character in two compelling books. And when it comes to judgment, Barack Obama made the right call on the most important issue of our time by opposing the war in Iraq from the beginning.

I want a president who understands that his responsibility is to articulate a vision and encourage others to achieve it; who holds himself, and those around him, to the highest ethical standards; who appeals to the hopes of those who still believe in the American Dream, and those around the world who still believe in the American ideal; and who can lift our spirits, and make us believe again that our country needs every one of us to get involved.

I have never had a president who inspired me the way people tell me that my father inspired them. But for the first time, I believe I have found the man who could be that president — not just for me, but for a new generation of Americans.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/27/opinion/27kennedy.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
The Kennedys are the biggest destructive American family this country has ever had.  No wonder bad luck follows them.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
A president like her father? JFK always did look a little tan and "ignant".  :::D If that's true, Obama gets elected, the same fate will be his.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
A president like her father? JFK always did look a little tan and "ignant".  :::D If that's true, Obama gets elected, the same fate will be his.

lol :::D

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member

She really is a dumb animal if she said that he is like her uncle (RFK) I might agree. Although JFK went through the motions I really did not ever get the feeling that he was overly concerned about the civil rights movement. The evil animal of his brother on the other hand could not leave a stone unturned when it came to a-s kissing the blacks. He tortured his brother with it and then shoved it under LBJ's nose and forced it on his administration. Caroline should do what she has been very good at doing and that is to crawl back into the crack she has been in and shut her ignorant mouth.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Just Erica

That's funny to you?

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!

That's funny to you?

It's funny to me
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Just Erica

That's incredibly sad. You wish death on someone because they're black. How does that make you different from the kKK, exactly?

That's funny to you?

It's funny to me

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Remember one thing, her grandfather Joseph Kennedy was an out right strong supporter of the Nazis and filth traveled through out all the Kennedys.  The most corrupted family.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer

That's funny to you?

It's funny to me

I'm still laughing. :::D Erica: Why DON'T you think it's funny? Obama for President in '08? Those of us who see his kind (a black/Arab who plays a smart person to them white crackas, then turns around and talks to his peeps in their "native" tongue) everyday, and we can see right past his facade. As long as blacks in this country keep regressing instead of progressing, you'll never see a black for president. It's not racism, it's intelligence. Who wants a head of state to go over to a foreign head of state and ask "What it is bro?" "You be chillin'" "Where be your hos at?" ....And you thought we were in deep crap before, wait a minute. Reparations for blacks, welfare for anyone who feels the need not to work and have 20 kids with 5 different men. "Civil Rights" movement? What has that done for your people in the 44 years since it was signed? My guess, nothing. Seeing as most of your people have refused to take responsibility for their actions. Instead they hide behind the wide load 3 Sharpton, Jackson and Farrakhan and play the race card. Now here's Obama a clean cut Arab, oops I mean black running for president. Why am I laughing? Is there really such a thing as a clean cut black? Like with Jackson in the race of '84, I'm just waiting for Obama to slip up and say something really stupid. Like it matters, because he doesn't have a chance in hell of winning!

Just Erica

That's funny to you?

It's funny to me

I'm still laughing. :::D Erica: Why DON'T you think it's funny? Obama for President in '08? Those of us who see his kind (a black/Arab who plays a smart person to them white crackas, then turns around and talks to his peeps in their "native" tongue) everyday, and we can see right past his facade. As long as blacks in this country keep regressing instead of progressing, you'll never see a black for president. It's not racism, it's intelligence. Who wants a head of state to go over to a foreign head of state and ask "What it is bro?" "You be chillin'" "Where be your hos at?" ....And you thought we were in deep crap before, wait a minute. Reparations for blacks, welfare for anyone who feels the need not to work and have 20 kids with 5 different men. "Civil Rights" movement? What has that done for your people in the 44 years since it was signed? My guess, nothing. Seeing as most of your people have refused to take responsibility for their actions. Instead they hide behind the wide load 3 Sharpton, Jackson and Farrakhan and play the race card. Now here's Obama a clean cut Arab, oops I mean black running for president. Why am I laughing? Is there really such a thing as a clean cut black? Like with Jackson in the race of '84, I'm just waiting for Obama to slip up and say something really stupid. Like it matters, because he doesn't have a chance in hell of winning!
You guys don't want to see blacks do anything good. It pisses you off that a black man (biracial or not) has a chance of winning an election. It even pisses you off that a white WOMAN has a chance. I don't find it funny because I don't find DEATH funny. I don't find assasinations funny. I guess that's just the humanity in me. You saying that a black man who is clean cut can't be president is like telling my daughters that they'll be nothing but whores, or baby's mommas because 'that's all black girls are good for'. I'm tired of this. You don't want blacks to progress, you want them to regress so that you'll have something to talk about.

And don't compare Jesse with Barack. Jesse is a bum, Barack isn't. Jesse didn't even have the support Barack has in this election. They are two different people.

And you've never heard Barack Obama saying anything like "What it is bro?" "You be chillin'" "Where be your hos at?"  YOU sound crazy. Bashing good blacks because  you don't believe blacks can be good is the ultimate in crazy thinking. 

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer

That's funny to you?

It's funny to me

You guys don't want to see blacks do anything good. It pisses you off that a black man (biracial or not) has a chance of winning an election. It even pisses you off that a white WOMAN has a chance. I don't find it funny because I don't find DEATH funny. I don't find assasinations funny. I guess that's just the humanity in me. You saying that a black man who is clean cut can't be president is like telling my daughters that they'll be nothing but whores, or baby's mommas because 'that's all black girls are good for'. I'm tired of this. You don't want blacks to progress, you want them to regress so that you'll have something to talk about.

And don't compare Jesse with Barack. Jesse is a bum, Barack isn't. Jesse didn't even have the support Barack has in this election. They are two different people.

And you've never heard Barack Obama saying anything like "What it is bro?" "You be chillin'" "Where be your hos at?"  YOU sound crazy. Bashing good blacks because  you don't believe blacks can be good is the ultimate in crazy thinking. 

To me more clear, we don't want liberal Blacks running and becoming president only a real "true" righteous Conservative Black is fine in my opinion ;)

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
Just Erica i dont hate barack because he is black but because he is a muslim

Just Erica

He's not a Muslim. You can't be muslim and Christian at the same time...no more than you can be Jewish and Christian at the same time. The man stopped being a Muslim when he was a kid. He is now in his 40's and you still won't let him live it down. People convert to Judaism all of the time, but are you still calling them by the religion that they USE to follow?

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
He's not a Muslim. You can't be muslim and Christian at the same time...no more than you can be Jewish and Christian at the same time. The man stopped being a Muslim when he was a kid. He is now in his 40's and you still won't let him live it down. People convert to Judaism all of the time, but are you still calling them by the religion that they USE to follow?
If it looks like a duck and smells like a duck, it's a duck and there is no way anybody can tell us he is not a Muslim, he was brought up Muslim and went to a Muslim.

Just Erica

If it looks like a duck and smells like a duck, it's a duck and there is no way anybody can tell us he is not a Muslim, he was brought up Muslim and went to a Muslim.
JB, you don't want to be told that Obama isn't a muslim because it comforts you that since he once was "AS A CHILD" you're able to hold it over his head. I asked a question and no one answered it so I'll ask again... People convert to Judaism all of the time, but are you still calling them by the religion that they USE to follow?

Barack Obama was a muslim as a child because his dad was a muslim. He stopped practicing when he was STILL A CHILD. I guess if you must hate him..hate him for being a child.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
JB, you don't want to be told that Obama isn't a muslim because it comforts you that since he once was "AS A CHILD" you're able to hold it over his head. I asked a question and no one answered it so I'll ask again... People convert to Judaism all of the time, but are you still calling them by the religion that they USE to follow?

Barack Obama was a muslim as a child because his dad was a muslim. He stopped practicing when he was STILL A CHILD. I guess if you must hate him..hate him for being a child.
It's true people convert from one religion to another all the time. Some folks actually see a better way and convert with all their hart. With Obama I think the so called conversion came on about the same time as his political aspirations did. Honestly if Obama's background was anything but Muslim I would not be overly concerned. Sad fact is Muslims have openly stated that they wish to destroy America and Israel so I guess Obama's Muslim background has myself and other clear thinking Americans concerned. He has never to my knowledge come out and openly tried to distance himself from his muslim upbringing except in the most generic way. Lets face it his mom married two muslims so it seems his early life was very centered on people like that and he went to their schools. It just seems to be a very wrong time to be putting someone with that sort of past into the White House. This and the fact that he is a Liberal Democrat only makes the picture harder for conservatives and other clear thinking people to absorb.

Just Erica

It's true people convert from one religion to another all the time. Some folks actually see a better way and convert with all their hart. With Obama I think the so called conversion came on about the same time as his political aspirations did. Honestly if Obama's background was anything but Muslim I would not be overly concerned. Sad fact is Muslims have openly stated that they wish to destroy America and Israel so I guess Obama's Muslim background has myself and other clear thinking Americans concerned. He has never to my knowledge come out and openly tried to distance himself from his muslim upbringing except in the most generic way. Lets face it his mom married two muslims so it seems his early life was very centered on people like that and he went to their schools. It just seems to be a very wrong time to be putting someone with that sort of past into the White House. This and the fact that he is a Liberal Democrat only makes the picture harder for conservatives and other clear thinking people to absorb.
He wasn't a Muslim as a teenager, he already explained that he didn't care about a lot of t hings as a teenager. Surely, if he were a muslim, all of the things he did wouldn't have been accepted in the faith. You act as though he went on a bombing campaign throughout Indonesia as a 6 year old child. Not ALL muslims are evil. I think you guys watch reports on the Iraq war too much. All I see sometimes are kids holding weapons. Barack didn't grow up in that kind of environment.

I mentioned to another poster a minute ago that if he were truely Muslim, his wife and his daughters would have to adhere to the muslim customs also. They don't wear the Hajib and they don't quote the Q'uran. I think that the fact that he's running for office bothers you all so much because he's not a white guy.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member

He wasn't a Muslim as a teenager, he already explained that he didn't care about a lot of t hings as a teenager. Surely, if he were a muslim, all of the things he did wouldn't have been accepted in the faith. You act as though he went on a bombing campaign throughout Indonesia as a 6 year old child. Not ALL muslims are evil. I think you guys watch reports on the Iraq war too much. All I see sometimes are kids holding weapons. Barack didn't grow up in that kind of environment.

I mentioned to another poster a minute ago that if he were truely Muslim, his wife and his daughters would have to adhere to the muslim customs also. They don't wear the Hajib and they don't quote the Q'uran. I think that the fact that he's running for office bothers you all so much because he's not a white guy.
No doubt about it it does bother me he is not a white guy however not because of his skin color but because he has the typical black mentality of affirmative action and redistribution of the wealth. If this was any other country this guy coming from a demographic thats 18% of the population and a muslim on top of that would not have stood a chance getting as far as he has. Here in America this can happen which says quite a bit. Some of it good some bad. For me I honesty don't care when the brake came from his muslim beginnings fact is he was born and raised in that society. This guy if elected may have to G-d forbid one day order the military to attack one muslim country or another possibly even order worse. I really cant see putting someone in office that would have a moments hesitation in doing that. Here in New York shortly after 911 news reports were aired about muslims dancing in the streets of Jersey City celebrating the attack. What sort of nasty animals rejoice over innocent people being killed like that? For me this guy is a black Muslim and as such he is damaged goods.

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer

That's funny to you?

It's funny to me

OBAMA IS A MUSLIM. HIS BIGGEST SUPPORTERS ARE BLACK RADICALS AND AMERICAN MUSLIM ACTIVISTS.
HE HAS TOLD US IN HIS BOOKS OF HIS ADMIRATION FOR ISLAM AND HIS HATRED FOR WHITES.

QUOTE FROM OBAMA'S BOOK, DREAMS OF MY FATHER;
"The person who made me proudest of all was [half brother] Roy. He converted to Islam.

From 'Dreams of my Father', "In Indonesia, I had spent two years at a Muslim school"
"I studied the Koran.."

From 'The Audacity of Hope: "Lolo (Obama's step father) followed a brand of Islam ...I looked to Lolo for GUIDANCE."

From 'The Audacity of Hope', "I will stand by the Muslims.."

From Dreams of My Father, " I FOUND A SOLACE IN NURSING A PERVASISVE SENSE OF GRIEVANCE AND ANIMOSITY AGAINST MY MOTHER'S RACE".

WAKE UP!!!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 08:30:47 PM by Cyberella »

Just Erica

No doubt about it it does bother me he is not a white guy however not because of his skin color but because he has the typical black mentality of affirmative action and redistribution of the wealth. If this was any other country this guy coming from a demographic thats 18% of the population and a muslim on top of that would not have stood a chance getting as far as he has. Here in America this can happen which says quite a bit. Some of it good some bad. For me I honesty don't care when the brake came from his muslim beginnings fact is he was born and raised in that society. This guy if elected may have to G-d forbid one day order the military to attack one muslim country or another possibly even order worse. I really cant see putting someone in office that would have a moments hesitation in doing that. Here in New York shortly after 911 news reports were aired about muslims dancing in the streets of Jersey City celebrating the attack. What sort of nasty animals rejoice over innocent people being killed like that? For me this guy is a black Muslim and as such he is damaged goods.
He's not muslim. But no matter how many times he says it, and no matter how many times I say it, you'll believe what you want to believe.

Also you asked an interesting question... "What sort of nasty animals rejoice over innocent people being killed like that?" Well, I just read some responses that point to a couple of members here who would LOVE to see Obama assasinated once he becomes President. I don't think ANYTHING is funny about that.

When he wins and becomes America's next president and dosen't act the way you say he's going to act what will you do then? Find more reasons to bash him even if he's doing good? You all like being upset, don't you?

Just Erica

That's funny to you?

It's funny to me

OBAMA IS A MUSLIM. HIS BIGGEST SUPPORTERS ARE BLACK RADICALS AND AMERICAN MUSLIM ACTIVISTS.
HE HAS TOLD US IN HIS BOOKS OF HIS ADMIRATION FOR ISLAM AND HIS HATRED FOR WHITES.

QUOTE FROM OBAMA'S BOOK, DREAMS OF MY FATHER;
"The person who made me proudest of all was [half brother] Roy. He converted to Islam.

From 'Dreams of my Father', "In Indonesia, I had spent two years at a Muslim school"
"I studied the Koran.."

From 'The Audacity of Hope: "Lolo (Obama's step father) followed a brand of Islam ...I looked to Lolo for GUIDANCE."

From 'The Audacity of Hope', "I will stand by the Muslims.."

From Dreams of My Father, " I FOUND A SOLACE IN NURSING A PERVASISVE SENSE OF GRIEVANCE AND ANIMOSITY AGAINST MY MOTHER'S RACE".

WAKE UP!!!
Also, "I looked to Lolo for Guidance" means he looked to his father. If he'd said "I looked to Allah for Guidance.." I'd agree with you and it would prove that he's still a muslim. But like I said before you can't be a Muslim and a CHristian at the same time. Much like you can't be a Christian and practice Judaism at the same time. You have to give one up... Obama gave one up and decided for himself which religion to follow.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
So now it's "The Manchurian Candidate" vs "Al-Qaeda Sleeper Cell"

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member

He's not muslim. But no matter how many times he says it, and no matter how many times I say it, you'll believe what you want to believe.

Also you asked an interesting question... "What sort of nasty animals rejoice over innocent people being killed like that?" Well, I just read some responses that point to a couple of members here who would LOVE to see Obama assasinated once he becomes President. I don't think ANYTHING is funny about that.

When he wins and becomes America's next president and dosen't act the way you say he's going to act what will you do then? Find more reasons to bash him even if he's doing good? You all like being upset, don't you?
He was raised by muslims and was schooled by them so thats enough for me. If he becomes president then he is president. As much as you would like to think I would like to see something happen to him you are very wrong I would not. I would just rather he looses his run and goes back to congress. I hardly ever wish death on anyone even my worse enemies. People should not talk like that. I honestly don't think he would follow any policy that I would favor because he is very liberal and I don't cotton to most positions democrats set anyway. Will I bash him certanly? Will he be president he will. Do I like being upset no I don't.  I am just tired of working hard and being taxed to death to feed all the dead wood liberals like to give my hard earned money to. Just for the record if he makes it to the White House and does a good job I would be very pleased.

Just Erica

He was raised by muslims and was schooled by them so thats enough for me. If he becomes president then he is president. As much as you would like to think I would like to see something happen to him you are very wrong I would not. I would just rather he looses his run and goes back to congress. I hardly ever wish death on anyone even my worse enemies. People should not talk like that. I honestly don't think he would follow any policy that I would favor because he is very liberal and I don't cotton to most positions democrats set anyway. Will I bash him certanly? Will he be president he will. Do I like being upset no I don't.  I am just tired of working hard and being taxed to death to feed all the dead wood liberals like to give my hard earned money to. Just for the record if he makes it to the White House and does a good job I would be very pleased.
Being raised Muslim as a child is different from being raised as a muslim throughout his life. The man stopped being Muslim AS A CHILD. And just because he still associates with his family who are muslim (I think) doesn't mean that he is muslim by association. Just like me being Christian doesn't automatically make my children Christian. As a matter of fact, do you think that people who covert to Judaism are still following the religion they followed before they started studying in your religion?

And remember, Obama isn't the reason we've been taxed  half-to death, it's Bush's fault. When Obama or anyone else, becomes president, they will have inherited a LOT of the mess that Dubbyah created in his 8 years in office.

I'm glad you wouldn't want to see anyone dead.