Author Topic: Chinese dumplings contain insecticide  (Read 2550 times)

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
Chinese dumplings contain insecticide
« on: January 31, 2008, 12:38:55 PM »
 http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23134341-23109,00.html?Gee

Chinese dumplings contain insecticide
From correspondents in Tokyo

January 30, 2008 09:09pm

TEN people have fallen ill in Japan with a girl in a serious condition after eating dumplings from China that contained insecticide, police said today, warning they could press criminal charges.

The scare was breaking news shortly before dinner time in Japan, with national television broadcasting a live press conference in which distributor JT Foods said it was recalling the dumplings.

"We pray for the early recovery of those whose health was affected,'' Mutsuo Iwai, an executive at cigarette giant Japan Tobacco, of which JT Foods is a subsidiary, said.

"We sincerely apologise for the trouble.''

Ten people, including a mother and her four children, fell ill in Chiba prefecture near Tokyo and western Hyogo prefecture after eating "gyoza'' dumplings, local police said.

At least five of them were still in hospital after suffering vomiting, stomach aches or diarrhoea. A five-year-old girl was reported to be in a serious condition.

Chinese-made products, ranging from seafood to car tyres and toys, were at the centre of a series of global safety scandals and recalls last year.

Japan is heavily reliant on food imports and counts China as its second largest supplier after the United States.

But a number of Japanese companies have also come under fire in recent months over food safety, mostly false labelling of expired products, in cases that had no link to China.

The gyoza, which historically originated in China but is one of Japan's most popular foods, is a steamed dumpling, generally with ground meat inside.

JT Foods said an insecticide called methamidophos was found in the dumplings.
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Re: Chinese dumplings contain insecticide
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 12:44:17 PM »
shouldn't we just boycott all Chinese food?
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 12:49:25 PM »
Not Panda Express!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 01:02:14 PM »
Not Panda Express!!!!!!!!!
what's that?
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 01:17:07 PM »
All sane people should not only boycott Chinese food but Walmart and all of these other stores to protest all Chinese products. 
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 01:36:42 PM »
All sane people should not only boycott Chinese food but Walmart and all of these other stores to protest all Chinese products. 
there's plenty of possibilities of eating Nationalist Chinese = Taiwanese food .

I hate communists.

But even this very computer I type on is "assambled in China" >:(

Offline abdithefaithful

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 02:12:42 PM »
Just like I'm sure many other loyal followers of JTF's noble mission feel about this matter, I too am "fed-up" with China's continued arrogance and complete lack of "social responsibility". Not long ago the Chinese were found guilty of manufacturing children's toys that contained dangerous levels of toxic lead, they also were discovered to be producing toxic "baby food", that's right, I said, "baby food"!--- and now they're guilty of manufacturing the "world's most dangerous dumplings"!!.... Imagine that, dumplings with lethal levels of insecticide included in the ingredients?!... What's next?!?... And how sad it is to know that our American government is extremely afraid of rattling China's cage because they now own so much of our nation's spiraling debt!-- It's practically blackmail if you ask me... Not to mention the fact that our nation's own "financial experts" are far more encouraging us all to invest our money in China and other corrupt foreign markets than they are recommending that we invest in our own beloved nation!!... I believe that this subject has been briefly discussed on JTF's compelling cable television programming-- and I also believe that this is a subject that deserves far more scrutiny by other forms of our media... I am appalled by what China is getting away with and gosh darn it, I want to see our leaders take on some responsibility and confront China regarding these disturbing matters--- Somebody's got to do SOMETHING!--- Is JTF really our only voice?!--- Holy Dastardly Dumplings, Batman, we're in a heated heap of serious trouble, aren't we?!?!

« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 02:14:13 PM by abdithefaithful »
If you don't like The Great Chaim, then you sure as heck wouldn't like me!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 02:13:51 PM »
Does this mean I have to lay off the Beef Lo Mein!?!?!  ???
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 09:47:24 PM »
The other day I walked into a local "Asian Grocery" just to kill some time.

The shelves were lined with clear plastic bags of various noodles, beans, products, etc...., and each and every one of the bags had hundreds and hundreds of live bugs crawling around inside eating their way to happiness!

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 10:05:14 PM »
I forgot that all cultures etc. are equal and should be tolerated as we become more and more open minded while we all embrace diversity...... :D

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 10:25:27 PM »
Marzutra:  "...all cultures etc. are equal and should be tolerated as we become more and more open minded while we all embrace diversity..."

Good!  You can eat the bugs!

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 10:30:22 PM »
I forgot that all cultures etc. are equal and should be tolerated as we become more and more open minded while we all embrace diversity...... :D
 :o :D Snap out of it MarZutra! ;)  ;)

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2008, 10:32:43 PM »
there's plenty of possibilities of eating Nationalist Chinese = Taiwanese food .

I hate communists.

But even this very computer I type on is "assambled in China" >:(

I like Chinese food, I am good friends of the owner of a Chinese restaurant and I trust the food quality.

Anyways, it is a good thing I build my own computers, unfortunately it's nearly impossible to purchase hardware that isn't made in some 3rd world country (most of the video cards, the boards and what not are made in China, harddrives made in Malaysia or Thailand or something, motherboards made in China, CPU made in China, etc.). We mainly design the stuff or even outsource the designs in some cases and then have another 3rd world country build it. I just assemble my own computers which reduces the lackluster quality of shoddy hardware, at least i can inspect the item myself to see if it's junk or not.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2008, 10:41:17 PM »
I also had a bad experience with Chinese food... so I don't eat it anymore!
Based on all data gathered and word of mouth - Chinese food preparation has to be one of the dirtiest and unclean of all culinary cuisine out there, 2nd only to the Arabs Halal crap!  ;D

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2008, 11:23:13 PM »
I also had a bad experience with Chinese food... so I don't eat it anymore!
Based on all data gathered and word of mouth - Chinese food preparation has to be one of the dirtiest and unclean of all culinary cuisine out there, 2nd only to the Arabs Halal crap!  ;D

I had Turkish food on a few occassions once, I liked it, was a bit spicy (which is good) but seemed ok to me. I dunno if that's halal or not, they had falafel and gyros and stuff.