Author Topic: Matisyahu  (Read 8166 times)

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Re: Matisyahu
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2008, 12:26:27 PM »
Take the song "Time of Your Song" on the Album "Youth". Pump it up loud. You will fell like you're in heaven.  ;)

I could listen to that song all day and not get tired of it.

Whoever doesn't give it a chance is missing something special from their life.
where do I find a songtext? Can't understand any of it except the word "shooting".
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2008, 03:07:38 PM »
I heard in an interview with him..  I may have some details wrong,

The reason why matityahu does his music based on this black rap thug like music, is because he had a rough childhood on drugs i think, and was involved with all the garbage. 

Then lubavitch did their outreach and made him frum(religious).

He was asked by the leftist interviewer, would you consider it jewish music.. or would you consider yourself a jewish musician.  He answer was "no"!!!!!!!   He said he was into music before he discovered judaism.

That is incredible intellectual honesty.  And also not merging foreign notions into judaism. 

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2008, 03:15:43 PM »
Take the song "Time of Your Song" on the Album "Youth". Pump it up loud. You will fell like you're in heaven.  ;)

I could listen to that song all day and not get tired of it.

Whoever doesn't give it a chance is missing something special from their life.

:)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2008, 04:25:06 PM »
I heard in an interview with him..  I may have some details wrong,

The reason why matityahu does his music based on this black rap thug like music, is because he had a rough childhood on drugs i think, and was involved with all the garbage. 

Then lubavitch did their outreach and made him frum(religious).

He was asked by the leftist interviewer, would you consider it jewish music.. or would you consider yourself a jewish musician.  He answer was "no"!!!!!!!   He said he was into music before he discovered judaism.

That is incredible intellectual honesty.  And also not merging foreign notions into judaism. 

I highly respect this man for his honesty.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2008, 04:38:02 PM »
I watched 3 seconds of this man's music,
and really find it a disgrace for judaism.

He should be severely punished for this.
There is no excuse at all.

I hate rap. and all other kinds of african "culture".

How can anybody support this and call himself a JTF-er?

Forget you! Don't tell us what we're supposed to like and not like!  I like the beat of his music and dancing to it. If you dont' like, dont' listen to it!!!!

Agreed. I get sick of gentiles preaching to Jews, what they should do.  >:(
What about JTF-Gentiles preaching Torah-hating Jews to embrace religion again, and fight for Israel?

theres no Torah hating Jews on this forum  >:(

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2008, 04:42:27 PM »

Forget you! Don't tell us what we're supposed to like and not like!  I like the beat of his music and dancing to it. If you dont' like, dont' listen to it!!!!

What about JTF-Gentiles preaching Torah-hating Jews to embrace religion again, and fight for Israel?

That is not what I said Skippy.

Dr.Dan said Gentiles should not tell Jews what to like or dislike,

I replied, that Gentiles may, if they want to, bring back atheist Jews to Judaism.
That is also telling Jews what to like or dislike, but not forbidden, but allowed.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2008, 04:45:24 PM »

I totally agree with the Doc

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2008, 04:53:46 PM »

I replied, that Gentiles may, if they want to, bring back atheist Jews to Judaism.
That is also telling Jews what to like or dislike, but not forbidden, but allowed.

Well, let me reword it..when it comes down to theology and how to worship Gd and celebrate holidays, it is wrong for Jews to tell Gentiles how to worship and vice versa.  Rather, it is better for a Jew to tell a gentile to go to someone who better understands their religion to advise them on what to do. The same goes for gentiles to a Jew..to tell him/her to go to a proper rabbi to help that Jew out.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2008, 04:55:59 PM »
Dr. Dan : <<  when it comes down to theology and how to worship Gd and celebrate holidays, it is wrong for Jews to tell Gentiles how to worship and vice versa.  Rather, it is better for a Jew to tell a gentile to go to someone who better understands their religion to advise them on what to do. The same goes for gentiles to a Jew..to tell him/her to go to a proper rabbi to help that Jew out. >>

I never had any different opinion than you about this.

I just want to know , how religion and music relate in Judaism, or other religions, than mine.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2008, 05:49:34 PM »
Dr. Dan : <<  when it comes down to theology and how to worship Gd and celebrate holidays, it is wrong for Jews to tell Gentiles how to worship and vice versa.  Rather, it is better for a Jew to tell a gentile to go to someone who better understands their religion to advise them on what to do. The same goes for gentiles to a Jew..to tell him/her to go to a proper rabbi to help that Jew out. >>

I never had any different opinion than you about this.

I just want to know , how religion and music relate in Judaism, or other religions, than mine.

Music and religion has always been linked, its a medium to get a message across.

Edited my post because now I am censored 

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 05:56:35 PM by Skippy »

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2008, 06:02:03 PM »
that has nothing to do with censorship.

I asked you to put away information, that I don't want the authorities were i live to know.
That 's respect for somebody's privacy.
I can get troubles with Justice, because JTF is considered a terrorist organization here in [my county].

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 06:58:48 PM by Shlomo »

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2008, 07:01:54 PM »
There... there's some real censorship for you. I removed these post. Be respectful to each other and do not post peoples' private information.

We are part of the JTF family and we need to be kind to each other - not hostile or angry.

Censorship is not the same thing as asking someone not to post information about them.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2008, 07:03:02 PM »
I like Matisyahu.

Just by chance, I'm listening to that song "Jerusalem... if I forget you..." when this thread came up.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2008, 07:08:05 PM »
There... there's some real censorship for you. I removed these post. Be respectful to each other and do not post peoples' private information.

We are part of the JTF family and we need to be kind to each other - not hostile or angry.

Censorship is not the same thing as asking someone not to post information about them.

Yes I expected you would delete posts you made that clear in your last PM to me.

Edited and deleted posts it what I have got used to.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2008, 07:22:15 PM »

Gentiles need to know their place.  It's not a Gentile's job to bring Jews to Torah, it's the Jews' job.  Gentiles should bring other Gentiles to Torah.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D