Author Topic: Matisyahu  (Read 8171 times)

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Matisyahu
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2008, 01:13:04 PM »
Why does he have to behave like a Jamaican lowlife?

who knows? 

I know.  He sells more records that way.

All the more power to him.  I sense jealousy out of you.

I'm really not jealous of him at all, but that's irrelevant, anyhow.

He's making millions with his talent which you hate..

And you...are probably struggling to make an honest living.

The second statement is correct.  I am not as fortunate as you.  I don't have a dental racket supplying me with piles of money.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2008, 01:17:40 PM »
Why does he have to behave like a Jamaican lowlife?

who knows? 

I know.  He sells more records that way.

All the more power to him.  I sense jealousy out of you.

I'm really not jealous of him at all, but that's irrelevant, anyhow.

He's making millions with his talent which you hate..

And you...are probably struggling to make an honest living.

The second statement is correct.  I am not as fortunate as you.  I don't have a dental racket supplying me with piles of money.

I don't have a dental racket supplying me with piles of money either. I've completed a 4 year college in 3 years, did 4 years of dental school and another 3 for my speciality. Study and passed my specialty boards and now I currently teach as well as practice...So yes, I make an honest living and am smart about it. 

Matisyahu has a tremendous talent and, to me and many others he is quite good at it. He's not extorting money nor hurting people with his music.  His style might not be to your taste or many others on this forum, but it makes him millions and hopefully he uses the money for righteous causes.

The same shoudl be with any person who is fortunate enough to have lots of money...as long as it is through honest hard work.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Nolandforshalom

• Senior JTFer
    • The Jewish Store
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2008, 01:51:17 PM »
You must no limit any type of music to a specific race. Our Mission from G-d is to better the world and spread the Torah, and that is what he is doing. It is the antithesis of Judaism to oppose someone who is spreading authentic Judaism.
http://www.thejewishstore.net
The Place for all your Kahanist, Jewish, and Zionist Shopping Needs!

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2008, 01:57:19 PM »
Matisyahu is awesome!!!!!   If you don't like it, you are missing out.
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2008, 01:57:26 PM »
You must no limit any type of music to a specific race. Our Mission from G-d is to better the world and spread the Torah, and that is what he is doing. It is the antithesis of Judaism to oppose someone who is spreading authentic Judaism.

I can't see how some types of satanic music (Marlyn Manson e.g.) or compatible with Judaism, or Christianity.

I believe their are rules about religious music in the Temple, that exclude the use of music instruments,
but I should look it up in my music-encyclopedia, to verify.

I know that violins were forbidden to use in  Rome,
Only vocals were allowed to celebrate the Mass.
Venice at the other hand had a 150-men orchestra, with violins, choir and trumpets, and drums....

The Orthodox Church does not allow organs , like the other churches do...

I believe, that religious music is to be without reference to hiphop , pop, or folk music.

true religious music, is singing a cappela, the hymns, the sacred texts.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2008, 02:01:37 PM »

I can't see how some types of satanic music (Marlyn Manson e.g.) or compatible with Judaism, or Christianity.

I believe their are rules about religious music in the Temple, that exclude the use of music instruments,

I know that violins were forbidden to use in  Rome,
Venice at the other hand had a 150-men orchestra, with violins, choir and trumpets, and drums....

I believe, that religious music is to be without reference to hiphop , pop, or folk music.

to each their own...

Every church/synogogue has to have a way to express itself to elevate the soul to Gd.  If one Church wants to do beebop, then so be it...don't go to that church and don't impose your views on how others shoudl worship Gd.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2008, 02:03:25 PM »
 The way I see it, Matisyahu is showing the world that the most inspired, devout Orthodox Jew can still live life and have fun, while staying faithful.

For an even more hip hop inspired bunch of musicians, check out Ta-Shma.  Very cool music!  They have videos on YouTube.
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline Nolandforshalom

• Senior JTFer
    • The Jewish Store
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2008, 02:13:06 PM »

I know that violins were forbidden to use in  Rome,

To begin with, it is not satanic if it is Jewish, regardless of the manner the music is expressed in. We are not in the temple; temple music doesn't apply. Insulting a genre of music does no good; It shows a paranoia about a culture that does very little harm.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2008, 02:14:17 PM »

That's not true.  You mean Orthodox Christian, right?

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2008, 02:14:43 PM »

To begin with, it is not satanic if it is Jewish, regardless of the manner the music is expressed in. We are not in the temple; temple music doesn't apply. Insulting a genre of music does no good; It shows a paranoia about a culture that does very little harm.
i turned it into an ask Jtf.

I wan to know exactly, what Orthodox Judaism teaches.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Nolandforshalom

• Senior JTFer
    • The Jewish Store
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2008, 02:15:30 PM »

to each their own...

Every church/synogogue has to have a way to express itself to elevate the soul to Gd.  If one Church wants to do beebop, then so be it...don't go to that church and don't impose your views on how others shoudl worship Gd.

I have to agree. There are many ways to become closer to G-d. They are all in the Torah. Why do the Jews sing after crossing the dead see? because they wish to show their praise to G-d.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2008, 02:16:20 PM »

Church = Christian, yes.
Or you sure?
I think it is forbidden in the Orthodox Church.
Is there any Serbian member around here to verify, please?

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2008, 02:18:00 PM »

Church = Christian, yes.
Or you sure?
I think it is forbidden in the Orthodox Church.
Is there any Serbian member around here to verify, please?

Perhaps in Europe, but in America, Orthodox Christian churches use both organ and choir.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2008, 02:18:56 PM »
He was featured toward the end of the last part of the PBS Jewish History program that focused on the US. 

They interviewed him a little as well as showed him a little with his music.  None of the lyrics he was saying seemed comprehensible.

Offline Nolandforshalom

• Senior JTFer
    • The Jewish Store
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2008, 02:19:48 PM »

i turned it into an ask Jtf.

I wan to know exactly, what Orthodox Judaism teaches.

Go to askmoses.com
you can ask any question to a Rabbi.

Offline Nolandforshalom

• Senior JTFer
    • The Jewish Store
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2008, 02:21:26 PM »
He was featured toward the end of the last part of the PBS Jewish History program that focused on the US. 

They interviewed him a little as well as showed him a little with his music.  None of the lyrics he was saying seemed comprehensible.
That doesnt make him a bad person. It depends where you were raised. Ive, unfortunately, been around alot of Ghetto people (not because I live their, but in Florida they are always close), and I can understand his lyrics.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2008, 03:23:55 PM »
I think I asked Chaim about Matisyahu a while ago on Ask JTF but I may have changed my question that week. I know I didn't download it that week.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2008, 03:57:44 PM »
I don't know enough about Matisyahu to have an opinion about him directly, but I will say that the area of music is one where I would differ with Chaim. I detest rap because it has an evil message, not because of the style. I don't personally enjoy rap (anymore), but there are Christian rap artists with a very positive message who we should support. I don't believe anybody can declare an entire style to be evil.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2008, 04:12:08 PM »
I don't know enough about Matisyahu to have an opinion about him directly, but I will say that the area of music is one where I would differ with Chaim. I detest rap because it has an evil message, not because of the style. I don't personally enjoy rap (anymore), but there are Christian rap artists with a very positive message who we should support. I don't believe anybody can declare an entire style to be evil.

well because it comes from evil blacks, that style of music, chaim hates it..and hates it when good people try to imitate styles invented by evil people...

My opinion is, chill out, buddy...but chaim is chaim..I'm dr. dan.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2008, 06:48:39 PM »

well because it comes from evil blacks, that style of music, chaim hates it..and hates it when good people try to imitate styles invented by evil people...

well , yeah.
it is free choice.
I agree with Chaim.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2008, 07:59:17 PM »

well , yeah.
it is free choice.
I agree with Chaim.

Exactly, free choice

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2008, 07:21:49 AM »
I watched 3 seconds of this man's music,
and really find it a disgrace for judaism.

He should be severely punished for this.
There is no excuse at all.

I hate rap. and all other kinds of african "culture".

How can anybody support this and call himself a JTF-er?

Forget you! Don't tell us what we're supposed to like and not like!  I like the beat of his music and dancing to it. If you dont' like, dont' listen to it!!!!

Agreed. I get sick of gentiles preaching to Jews, what they should do.  >:(

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2008, 10:12:15 AM »
I watched 3 seconds of this man's music,
and really find it a disgrace for judaism.

He should be severely punished for this.
There is no excuse at all.

I hate rap. and all other kinds of african "culture".

How can anybody support this and call himself a JTF-er?

Forget you! Don't tell us what we're supposed to like and not like!  I like the beat of his music and dancing to it. If you dont' like, dont' listen to it!!!!

Agreed. I get sick of gentiles preaching to Jews, what they should do.  >:(
What about JTF-Gentiles preaching Torah-hating Jews to embrace religion again, and fight for Israel?

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2008, 11:13:57 AM »
Take the song "Time of Your Song" on the Album "Youth". Pump it up loud. You will fell like you're in heaven.  ;)

I could listen to that song all day and not get tired of it.

Whoever doesn't give it a chance is missing something special from their life.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2008, 11:24:43 AM »
Take the song "Time of Your Song" on the Album "Youth". Pump it up loud. You will fell like you're in heaven.  ;)

I could listen to that song all day and not get tired of it.

Whoever doesn't give it a chance is missing something special from their life.

Matisyahu shows us Ruach...I dont' care if it sound Jamaican...it gets us to unite and dance together and love Gd together.