Author Topic: Are there any politicians we SHOULDN'T be afraid of?!?  (Read 1066 times)

Offline abdithefaithful

• Full JTFer
Are there any politicians we SHOULDN'T be afraid of?!?
« on: February 06, 2008, 04:04:21 PM »
Hello dear friends of JTF,

I realize that I am still installed on these JTF message board pages strictly as a "newbie", I'm the proverbial "new kid on the block", although I'm hardly what I would consider a "kid" anymore.

As I become more familiar with the views and opinions of many of you, your likes and dislikes, I have noticed that much like myself, that most of you believe we're not being justly served or protected by the politicians in either our local, state or federal government. And also like me, I have observed that practically all of you have both "mistrust" and "extreme contempt" for a majority of those who are commonly referred to as our "political leaders"

Frankly, the major consensus appears that among most people here, there are many American politicians that we should be "afraid" of, uh, make that "very afraid" of-- My question that I respectfully pose to you, this fine and upstanding group of individuals who participate on this JTF board is this-- Who are the politicians (if any) that we SHOULDN'T be afraid of??? Are there ANY politicians that you feel you can trust and depend on to not take us down the rocky road of no return? Is there ANYONE left in American politics that you DO believe in???
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 04:07:56 PM by abdithefaithful »
If you don't like The Great Chaim, then you sure as heck wouldn't like me!

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Are there any politicians we SHOULDN'T be afraid of?!?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 04:17:41 PM »
Yes... theres one.  VITO!!!!!!!!!!   :)

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 04:24:58 PM »
We shouldn't be afraid of any politicians.  They have no power to do anything on their own.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 05:12:54 PM »
We shouldn't be afraid of any politicians.  They have no power to do anything on their own.

Exactly

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 06:23:30 PM »
Dead ones

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 08:42:21 PM »
Chaim ben Pesach, Baruch Marzel
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 08:52:20 PM »
Yes, Chaim and Vito of course.  As for the rest, I think you have to be a little nuts, or at least have an enormous out of control ego, to actually want to be a politician.  Are they doing it for genuine reasons, which beaurocracy probably won't permit anyway, or selfish ones?

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 08:53:21 PM »
Yes, Chaim and Vito of course.  As for the rest, I think you have to be a little nuts, or at least have an enormous out of control ego, to actually want to be a politician.  Are they doing it for genuine reasons, which beaurocracy probably won't permit anyway, or selfish ones?
not a Marzel fan?
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 09:06:08 PM »
In Ethics there is a quote that says to never trust politicians since they only do things for their own benefit and are never there when you really need their help. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline abdithefaithful

• Full JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 10:43:23 PM »

I think you have to be a little nuts, or at least have an enormous out of control ego, to actually want to be a politician.

Well, I strongly doubt you'd get any argument from anyone here on this board regarding that true statement... You are absolutely correct...  Politicians are usually outright narcissistic EGO maniacs!
If you don't like The Great Chaim, then you sure as heck wouldn't like me!