Author Topic: Liberals agree with Tories that UN anti-racism conference a 'political circus'  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
Liberals agree with Tories that UN anti-racism conference a 'political circus'
By THE CANADIAN PRESS

OTTAWA - Amid all the partisan rancour greeting next Monday's return of Parliament after a six-week break, there's at least one thing Conservatives and Liberals can agree on.

Liberal foreign affairs critic Bob Rae says he supports the Harper government's decision to abandon a United Nations anti-racism conference scheduled for 2009.

The Conservatives announced this week that Canada was pulling out of pre-conference planning for the event in Durban, South Africa, because - as one official put it - the conference was a "gong show."

Rae agrees, saying the first such conference in 2001 "turned into a political circus." The Liberal says the next one is shaping up the same way.

With Libya elected to chair the next gathering, Cuba appointed vice-chair and Iran on the organizing committee, both Conservatives and Liberals agreed the writing was on the wall for Durban in 2009.

Rae isn't prepared to give the Tories a free pass, however, stating in a release that the Canadian government should try to bring international partners together in another forum to fight racism.

newman

With Libya elected to chair the next gathering, Cuba appointed vice-chair and Iran on the organizing committee, both Conservatives and Liberals agreed the writing was on the wall for Durban in 2009.
A three-ringed 'circus' more like............The libyan chair and two other @ssholes!

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
I wonder who will be blamed for "rascism" there? ::) 
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

• Ultimate JTFer
A three-ringed 'circus' more like............The libyan chair and two other @ssholes!

I would loved to have been there, 100% pure entertainment  8;)

• Ultimate JTFer

Anyone they like I reckon  :-\

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.

It was rhetoricall question Skippy with Iran, Libya and Cuba as chairmens it will be USA as big R-satan and Israel as little one, unless the Osama will be elected. :o
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

• Ultimate JTFer

It was rhetoricall question Skippy with Iran, Libya and Cuba as chairmens it will be USA as big R-satan and Israel as little one, unless the Osama will be elected. :o

Yes I know, kinda scary to think about it tho.  :-\

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer

Yes I know, kinda scary to think about it tho.  :-\

yes definitely

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
I heard that Israel is following Canada's example by boycotting Durban II.  And I believe the U.S. is considering it as well.
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!