Author Topic: Good Italian Cooking  (Read 1845 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Good Italian Cooking
« on: February 07, 2008, 05:09:43 PM »
You can thank my people for teaching the world how to eat.

My grandmother use to cook her heart and soul out into anything and show pure traditional Italian cooking, the stuff you see in boxes and jars are really an insult.   And Pizza Hut and Dominos are crap!
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Good Italian Cooking
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 05:55:34 PM »
You can thank my people for teaching the world how to eat.

My grandmother use to cook her heart and soul out into anything and show pure traditional Italian cooking, the stuff you see in boxes and jars are really an insult.   And Pizza Hut and Dominos are crap!

THANKS!  O0
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline FULL METAL JACKET

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 06:18:20 PM »
Agreed the stuff they sell as "Italian" here are crap. I went to Italy last summer to visit family and of course, the food was incredible.

But Italians didn't really teach the world how to eat. First of all Italy wasn't even a unified country until 1861. If you try a typical northern Italian dish like I did when I was in Bassano, then you try a typical southern Italian dish in Naples, let me tell you, there is a huge difference. Italian cuisine is not at all the same throughout the regions. The further south you go like to the Campania region or Calabria region, there is alot of seafood. The most famous type of Italian cuisine is of course from Bologna and Tuscany. You can of course add Naples, King of Pizza.
Formely known as "1986"

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 06:33:48 PM »
I agree Italians brought many things to the world great cooks, great families and much better lovers  :::D O0

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 07:40:45 PM »
Iatlian food tastes great, thing is all that cheese and pasta can get you too heavy

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 08:01:32 PM »
Iatlian food tastes great, thing is all that cheese and pasta can get you too heavy

True but you need to active, some parts of Italy they don't eat pasta, its mainly rice.

kellymaureen

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 08:34:47 PM »
I was robbed....I had a non cooking Italian grandma :o my British grandfather did the majority of the cooking....lets just say I didnt ask to eat over often :D
My Polish grandmother did all the cooking from scratch, she was a fantastic cook, LOVED eating over there!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 09:08:40 PM »
I was robbed....I had a non cooking Italian grandma :o my British grandfather did the majority of the cooking....lets just say I didnt ask to eat over often :D
My Polish grandmother did all the cooking from scratch, she was a fantastic cook, LOVED eating over there!

I get you a nona  :::D  then you will get fat girl  ;D :D

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 09:44:00 PM »
Indeed Italian food is great!  Tough to keep it kosher though if you're trying.  A lot of meat/cheese combinations and also a little heavy on the pork.  I think true Italian meatballs are a combo of three or four different meats.  What place has the best pizza you ever tasted?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 09:56:18 PM »
Indeed Italian food is great!  Tough to keep it kosher though if you're trying.  A lot of meat/cheese combinations and also a little heavy on the pork.  I think true Italian meatballs are a combo of three or four different meats.  What place has the best pizza you ever tasted?

Its not hard, many Italian Jews like me are great Italian cooks. And where my family is from its mostly fish we cook, due to we are coastal.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 10:01:58 PM »
Good Skippy.  Fish is healthy.  If you cook at home, you can keep it kosher no problem, but eating at an authentic Italian restaurant poses a challenge.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 10:15:16 PM »
Good Skippy.  Fish is healthy.  If you cook at home, you can keep it kosher no problem, but eating at an authentic Italian restaurant poses a challenge.

I am Jewish and hate spending money like that so no challenge  :::D :::D

kellymaureen

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 10:28:27 PM »

I have an adopted one lol, my friend Nick's, and she always wants me to "eat eat eat" and shes SUCH a great cook I have just have to....plus even though shes 4'10" Id be afraid to disobey her ;)

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 10:30:52 PM »

I have an adopted one lol, my friend Nick's, and she always wants me to "eat eat eat" and shes SUCH a great cook I have just have to....plus even though shes 4'10" Id be afraid to disobey her ;)

Oh yes they are great, I never knew mine, but I adopted other peoples  :::D O0 O0

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 12:05:19 AM »
Agreed the stuff they sell as "Italian" here are crap. I went to Italy last summer to visit family and of course, the food was incredible.

But Italians didn't really teach the world how to eat. First of all Italy wasn't even a unified country until 1861. If you try a typical northern Italian dish like I did when I was in Bassano, then you try a typical southern Italian dish in Naples, let me tell you, there is a huge difference. Italian cuisine is not at all the same throughout the regions. The further south you go like to the Campania region or Calabria region, there is alot of seafood. The most famous type of Italian cuisine is of course from Bologna and Tuscany. You can of course add Naples, King of Pizza.

Yes pizza in Napoli is completely different then here and a lot of pizza places they have through out Italy is completely constructed different then here cause  they really dont have the mom n pop shops,and people get their own the way they like it its one big circle but for one person.. Oh and foccacia is awesome too.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 12:16:01 AM »
What place has the best pizza you ever tasted?

Eat at Joe's on 2nd ave. in the East Villiage.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 12:18:43 AM »
What place has the best pizza you ever tasted?

Eat at Joe's on 2nd ave. in the East Villiage.

I also tried pizza outside of NY in other parts of the country and ugh first of all real Italian pizza isn't ment to be that greasy.  They soak the dough here in so much oil.  Also Freddy's in Queens is excellent he uses real sliced mozzerella not that grated stuff.  Real mozz is suppose to be pure white, they pasturized it in this country to almost look like an off color white almost semi light yellow.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 08:59:40 AM »
Do you approve of the restaurants of Little Italy?
And which ones?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774