Author Topic: The WRX isn't as fast as I thought. 0- 60mph in 5.9. watch the WRX 2008 video  (Read 1913 times)

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
The WRX isn't as fast as I thought- was hoping for (5.5 sec) in 0-60mph, and only has 225 horse power.  And has too much body roll according to the independent driver tests.  My Dad's Honda Accord does 0-60 in 6.5 seconds and is twice as heavy as the WRX.  In other words the WRX, with its light weight and small size really should be quicker than it is.  No Subaru WRX fans are gonna convince me that this car shouldn't be quicker than it is.
I know some people will agree with what I'm saying.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=121788

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: The WRX isn't as fast as I thought. 0- 60mph in 5.9. watch the WRX 2008 vi
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 08:26:22 PM »
What's the alternative?  The Mustang is about a second slower 0-60.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

Forget the paper stat's and look at the real world driving.

The WRX can get 100% of it's horsepower to the ground in ALL conditions. Other conventional vehicals get some or 'most' of their HP to the ground in dry conditions only.

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
You car guys are cool!  You really know, I'm looking to be convinced to buy it!  But A second is a big difference in 0-60.  Thats almost 10% slower than the mustang at 0-60 mph.

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
Matter of fact, if you say the mustang does 0-60 in 5 seconds, than the mustang is 17% faster than the WRX from 0-60mph at approximately 6 seconds

newman

Just check the insurance premiums FIRST.

In Australia, they charge an over 25 with a clean record over $2,000 per year for a WRX and forbid parking in all but low crime areas. Under 25s get whacked over $5,000 PA!!

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
I know high issurance premiums are always a pain in the neck.  I think girls dig mustangs more than Subarus.  Nothing like sitting at a light with a dual exhaust mustang, purring like a kitty kat

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
The WRX is for punk kids.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 09:20:37 PM »
I know high issurance premiums are always a pain in the neck.  I think girls dig mustangs more than Subarus.  Nothing like sitting at a light with a dual exhaust mustang, purring like a kitty kat

The Mustang is about a second SLOWER than the WRX, 0-60.  The V-8 gets 25% lower gas mileage than the WRX.  I think the Mustangs are played out, they're barely even noticeable on the road.  People only pay lots of attentions to the Shelby's or Bulletts, and most women wouldn't even know the difference.  They're definitely not head turners and every middle aged Joe Schmuck has one.  The Subaru on the other hand is unique looking, and if you get an after-market grill, body kit, and spoiler, it would be a definite chick magnet.  Also, if you manage to get a woman INSIDE of the vehicle, she'll have a much better ride and she'll feel safer because it's all wheel drive.   ;)  O0 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
Zeev, I think you mean to say that the Mustang is about a second faster than the WRX at 0-60 mph

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2008, 09:34:02 PM »
Zeev, I think you mean to say that the Mustang is about a second faster than the WRX at 0-60 mph

Oh, really?  I thought that the Mustang does it in around 7 flat.  Get the STi instead.   ;)

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
Zeev, you're nuts!!

Offline Menachem

• Junior JTFer
  • כהנא צדק
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 09:43:27 PM »

The Mustang is about a second SLOWER than the WRX, 0-60.  The V-8 gets 25% lower gas mileage than the WRX.  I think the Mustangs are played out, they're barely even noticeable on the road.  People only pay lots of attentions to the Shelby's or Bulletts, and most women wouldn't even know the difference.  They're definitely not head turners and every middle aged Joe Schmuck has one.

Road & Track got their Mustang GT to hit 0-60 in 4.9 sec. I'm not a Ford fan myself, but all credit where credit is due: those are serious performance numbers, especially from a stock engine that can be easily built upon.