Author Topic: The Virginia Primary  (Read 2077 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
The Virginia Primary
« on: February 10, 2008, 02:28:57 AM »
McCain's surrogates are saying that if he wins it, they'll put a lot of pressure to get Huckabee to drop out immediately afterward. 

On the other hand, if he loses the Virginia primary, it would like bad for him after having lost two of them tonight--though the Louisiana delegates are uncommitted since the state GOP has a rule where a candidate needs more than 50% of the vote to automatically get delegates. 

Regardless of whether conservatives support Huckabee, a vote for him sends a message to the GOP establishment. 

Anyone know any good sites for VA where we could try and reach out to voters who will be voting in that primary?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 03:11:25 AM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: The Virginia Primary
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 03:30:38 AM »
Yes, Dr. James Dobson endorsed Huckabee.

Offline travismcdonald

• New JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 08:09:08 AM »
I live in Southwest Virginia, but to tell you the truth, it's hard to inform these people.  Most people here read The Roanoke Times, a very left leaning paper, that I am sure would be in support of McCain.  What's even worse is the two major colleges in this area, VA Tech and Radford University, all lean left, not to mention have a huge Ron Paul base.  Definetley get the message out to the Tidewater region, VA Beach, Norfolk, etc.  It leans conservative, but their is a huge military population and my worry is they will out of loyalty go to McCain.  Virginia is slowly becoming totally Democrat controlled and I think soon it will become a blue state.  But I am doing my best here to support Huckabee and I am trying to convince others to do so.  All we can do is hope and pray that folks will come to their senses. 

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 08:21:44 AM »
I posted this comment. It's a pleasure (and a mitzvah!) to do anything to help Huckabee and hurt McCain.

Subject: Wake up Republicans...John McCain is a Fraud
What are you Republicans thinking by voting for John McCain?
How soon we forget that John McCain was nearly JOHN KERRY's vice presidential candidate in the last election.

Unless we want the Democrats to control our party too...
Let's vote Huckabee!!!!!!!!!!!!

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 12:46:26 PM »
Nice first post Travis!  Travis is actually not new. It just took him a long time to post. VA seems to be quite liberal now. The governor is black.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 02:25:24 PM »
Huckabee winning could send a huge message to McCain and establisment Republincans in the same way that Kanasa did. I knew that a one on one with Huckabee would be great for us but Romney stood in way too long. It is Romney that runided it for Huckabee not the other way around. If only Huckabee could have won SC.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 02:37:17 PM »
I think that we should address this issue to Chaim!
Our support of Huckabee should be more Now than Ever...  O0

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 04:40:44 PM »
I hope that Huckabee can take down, or at least damage, McAmnesty, but he is still a fraud and a loser. But he beats McAmnesty.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 06:03:55 PM »
Huckabee winning could send a huge message to McCain and establisment Republincans in the same way that Kanasa did. I knew that a one on one with Huckabee would be great for us but Romney stood in way too long. It is Romney that runided it for Huckabee not the other way around. If only Huckabee could have won SC.
The thing that cooked it for me with Huckabee was the fact that this sell out gave up on his own campaign before super Tuesday. He teamed up with McCain to bash Romney's brains in at the last debate. Then there was that little back room deal between McCain and Huckabee in W. Virgina. I really have no use for any of the Republicans that ran. I decided to go with Chaim's suggestion to support Huckabee because he seemed slightly more sincere in his positions. After watching this guy in action I have to say he is one massive disappointment. In short Huckabee proved himself to be a spineless rat. The way I see it my original choice was the best and that was Romney. There are worst things in this world than being a Mormon and a spineless rat is one of them. Until the front runner of the Democrat party is selected to run in November I will be working the Blogs and forums trying to sway people away from Obama. As far as I am concerned like it or not McCain will be the front runner for the Republicans. If he has to run against Obama he will loose. McCain is to tired and old to combat the wave of popularity the media is building with the young folks in America over Obama. SO............UNLESS people want a black muslim president they had better see that Hillery defeats Obama in the primaries.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 09:52:52 PM »
You still don't get it Huckabee was not ever going to win the nomination, he never had a chance.
Huckabee wins a few little states and you are still high on him, get real Huckabee would have never carried and won all the big states that Romney won but Romney would have won all the little states that Huckabee won because the people there just don't like McCain and if Huckabee and McCain didn't do that back door underhanded thing in W.V. Romney would be tied with McCain right now.
Good bye Huckabee and maybe will give you the Vice President job because you are just as liberal as he is.

Offline Wojtila

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 05:40:52 AM »
You still don't get it Huckabee was not ever going to win the nomination, he never had a chance.
Huckabee wins a few little states and you are still high on him, get real Huckabee would have never carried and won all the big states that Romney won but Romney would have won all the little states that Huckabee won because the people there just don't like McCain and if Huckabee and McCain didn't do that back door underhanded thing in W.V. Romney would be tied with McCain right now.
Good bye Huckabee and maybe will give you the Vice President job because you are just as liberal as he is.

I agree, Huckaloser is helping Mccain >:(
Hate list:
1.Nazis
2.Russia/Communist
3.Muzzies
4.Europeans
5.Jew haters
6.mexicans in America
7.Black People in America
8.Some Asien people in america
7.Poland!

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 01:58:14 PM »

I really don't get you you really think that McCain is better. You really think that we should give McCain a free ride to the nomination. If Huckabee can give at least a reasonable fight that will send him a huge message and maybe he will be VP that would be great.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 07:28:00 PM »

Yeah amending the constitution to "G-d's standard" makes him sound like a flaming liberal Democrat! ::) :'( :o :D
And him letting a rapist out of jail who then raped and murder a woman after he was set free sounds like he was really trying to set things to G_d's standards.  I do not know of any Conservative that would let a rapist out of jail.  So you can preach that he's a True Conservative but he is not.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 08:10:01 PM »
For the love of G-d you are not going to find a perfect canidate
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh